Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

KWSC P0107 MAP sensor

Old 03-27-2010, 09:41 PM
Koi
5 Year Member
KWSC P0107 MAP sensor

This is actually the 2nd time I've gotten the engine code P0107 (Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) Sensor Circuit Low Voltage).

The first time was on my old MAP sensor at around probably 30k miles - the car suddenly started stalling and died on the road. It started back up and was fine (did not go into limp mode) but I got the code P0107.

I swapped the MAP sensor out for a new one, haven't had that issue again till today. Just after an hour long highway drive, the MIL suddenly came on and was P0107. Car got into limp mode and I couldn't drive over 3k rpm. I came home and had to reset the ECU, after which the code disappeared and car can rev over 3k.

Has anyone else had issues with the MAP sensor with KWSC kits? This is the 2nd MAP sensor that I've gotten the same code P0107. I'm going to send KW an email and try to get some answers and if OJR reads this in the forum, please feel free to respond.

Old 03-29-2010, 10:05 AM
5 Year Member
I haven't had that code come up before and was only in limp home mode one time for about 5 seconds in second gear without throwing a code..... It may be a random glitch that has occurred since it has cleared with a reset..... I hope that someone will post a reply that can explain this..... My CEL will some times light up for no obvious reason and after driving to where I am going turning off the ignition and restarting to drive home the CEL will have turned off.

Old 03-29-2010, 10:30 AM
5 Year Member
I am not an expert on cars nor do I have a KWSC, but could it be that your MAP sensor is not metering the extra amount of pressure/air the super charger is ingesting? Is it the same MAP sensor as the stock one? I'm thinking the reason you had to replace your old MAP sensor is that you keep maxing out the capability of your sensor to read the max air intake volume all the time with the SC thus resulting for your new sensor to throw the same code again.

Again I'm no expert so take this post with a grain of salt. I'm just trying to give you my educated guess (if you can call it an educated guess anyway, LOL) Also, others seem to have the stock MAP sensor and they don't experience any problems so I may very well be wrong. Hope you find out what's wrong!!! GL!!

Disregard my post. Just read the sticky and they did extensive testing using stock engine components/electronics (except for the Supercard and reflash).

Last edited by onemiglandicho; 03-29-2010 at 01:07 PM.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:47 PM
Koi
5 Year Member
The stock MAP sensor should read up to 10-11 psi so that shouldn't be the problem. At the moment, KW wants me to send in my MAP stabilizer (not the sensor) to get it checked out. I'll update once I get it sent in and they figure out what the issue is (if any). Car is running fine right now after I reset the ECU, but definitely going to see what KW can find out if anything.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:19 PM
5 Year Member
Be sure and let them know you aren't the only one that had the A/C hose clamp break.

Old 05-04-2011, 06:08 AM
Originally Posted by Koi
This is actually the 2nd time I've gotten the engine code P0107 (Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) Sensor Circuit Low Voltage).

The first time was on my old MAP sensor at around probably 30k miles - the car suddenly started stalling and died on the road. It started back up and was fine (did not go into limp mode) but I got the code P0107.

I swapped the MAP sensor out for a new one, haven't had that issue again till today. Just after an hour long highway drive, the MIL suddenly came on and was P0107. Car got into limp mode and I couldn't drive over 3k rpm. I came home and had to reset the ECU, after which the code disappeared and car can rev over 3k.

Has anyone else had issues with the MAP sensor with KWSC kits? This is the 2nd MAP sensor that I've gotten the same code P0107. I'm going to send KW an email and try to get some answers and if OJR reads this in the forum, please feel free to respond.
Can fuel delivery problem be caused by a faulty MAP sensor? I have a misfire and hesitation while accelerating..

Last edited by ktyler; 05-08-2011 at 08:23 AM.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:58 AM
5 Year Member
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...ght=coil+packs... This thread is more than likely what you need to look at.... This seems to eventually affect everyone for some reasons sooner than later for some. No one has put together information as to why some people have it happen at 35 or 40,000 miles yet others can go twice that distance or more before it occurs.

Old 05-04-2011, 02:45 PM
Koi
5 Year Member
I think I posted in another thread long time ago, but the reason why this P0107 was happening (and still is occasionally) is because the wiring leading into the map sensor is faulty in some way or another. If I move around the bundle of wiring that comes out from the supercard and splices into the oem wires, my engine will shut off and sometimes give the P0107. It's probably a bad connection somewhere within the wiring and/or quick disconnects but I have very little usable wire left to splice into... looking back I really wish I installed the kit myself

Looked around to see if I can buy just the map sensor connector so I can redo the wiring myself but seems impossible unless I find one at a junkyard.

Old 05-08-2011, 08:24 AM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...ght=coil+packs... This thread is more than likely what you need to look at.... This seems to eventually affect everyone for some reasons sooner than later for some. No one has put together information as to why some people have it happen at 35 or 40,000 miles yet others can go twice that distance or more before it occurs.
exactly what I needed.. thank you sir..