Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

front strut bar with kwsc intercooler

Old 03-26-2011, 12:54 PM
front strut bar with kwsc intercooler

anybody mount a front strut bar with the intercooler?

pix and suggestions for mounting a front upper strut bar would be greatly appreciated.

plz note: DO NOT POST if u r suggesting NOT to do it. I fully understand all pros and cons of strut bars so plz any posting about why strut bars r bad would be considered an UNWELCOME ATTACK/SPAM!!!!!

Old 03-27-2011, 07:31 PM
lol that ppl find this post offensive

Old 04-12-2011, 10:34 PM
seriously?
only ricers in this forum?

Old 04-12-2011, 11:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by THEproFIT
seriously?
only ricers in this forum?
Def not all ricers, but i am not sure if it can be done. Just looking at a picture of the topmount IC it seems that the hose is directly in the way.

It's possible that no one has ever put one with it. But then again I have a GE so im not positive, but im just trying to help.

Old 04-14-2011, 08:46 AM
Super Moderator
i dont know WTF your trying to say by "only ricers in this forum" but I can tell you from owning the intercooler kit a strut bar can NOT be used with the intercooler.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:26 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MNfit
i dont know WTF your trying to say by "only ricers in this forum" but I can tell you from owning the intercooler kit a strut bar can NOT be used with the intercooler.
I am almost positive that he is trying to insinuate that no one on here does any sort of performance mod, while if he spent more than one minute on the forum rather than making ridiculous claims he probably would have kept his mouth shut. lol

Old 04-14-2011, 10:08 AM
Super Moderator
Aw yea then he totaly has us nailed, its not like any one on here would Supercharge there Fit then two years later decide to do a K24 manual swap for triple the HP Nope we are all just a bunch of ricers with big ass wings and stickers all over are cars.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:13 AM
5 Year Member
Aw yea then he totaly has us nailed, its not like any one on here would Supercharge there Fit then two years later decide to do a K24 manual swap for triple the HP Nope we are all just a bunch of ricers with big ass wings and stickers all over are cars.
lol

Old 04-15-2011, 10:53 AM
5 Year Member
strut bars are nearly pintless anyway. lol
glad i could help in this thread.

Old 04-16-2011, 02:38 AM
5 Year Member
I think I prefer having the KWSC intercooler over a top strut brace but I will soon have a mess of other braces that won't interfere with any of my performance mods.

Old 04-18-2011, 09:18 AM
5 Year Member
a strut bar CAN be used. I have a mugen bar on mine, you just cant use the scoop

Old 04-18-2011, 12:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by NIGHTHAWKSI
strut bars are nearly pintless anyway. lol
glad i could help in this thread.
quoted for truth.

Look at where the struts are in our engine bay, right up against the fire wall. lots of cars strut towers are more forward in the engine bay. No real gain to be had unless you use 3 point anyway. If your dead set go custom with 4130, Some shop will be able to make it work. Have them attach it to the fire wall over the header as well though.

side note: sorry but buying parts or kits doesn't make you a tuner...

Old 04-18-2011, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by THEproFIT
anybody mount a front strut bar with the intercooler?

pix and suggestions for mounting a front upper strut bar would be greatly appreciated.

plz note: DO NOT POST if u r suggesting NOT to do it. I fully understand all pros and cons of strut bars so plz any posting about why strut bars r bad would be considered an UNWELCOME ATTACK/SPAM!!!!!
Originally Posted by Jesse
a strut bar CAN be used. I have a mugen bar on mine, you just cant use the scoop
Yes I know it can be used with out the intercooler but thats not what the OP was asking

Old 04-18-2011, 02:13 PM
5 Year Member
The intercooler and upper strut bar will fit but without a scoop of some sort and air supply hose to the intercooler it isn't going to drop the air intake temperature.. The strut towers on the Fit are more robust than a lot of other FWD cars so unless you are using extremely wide offset wheels, sticky tires, stiff suspension, and throwing your car into very high G load situations, there is very little to be gained by using an upper strut bar. Modifying the function of anything will result in a compromise of function in some way that may be counter productive.

Old 04-19-2011, 03:35 PM
5 Year Member
Yes I know it can be used with out the intercooler but thats not what the OP was asking
READ what i said......then comment.

Old 04-19-2011, 03:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
The intercooler and upper strut bar will fit but without a scoop of some sort and air supply hose to the intercooler it isn't going to drop the air intake temperature.. The strut towers on the Fit are more robust than a lot of other FWD cars so unless you are using extremely wide offset wheels, sticky tires, stiff suspension, and throwing your car into very high G load situations, there is very little to be gained by using an upper strut bar. Modifying the function of anything will result in a compromise of function in some way that may be counter productive.
You can run the 5lb kit or the 10lb ALL DAY LONG without a scoop or hose.

Old 04-19-2011, 03:58 PM
5 Year Member
If you hack up the scoop that it comes with you can change the inlet of the scoop to the side or bottom and then run a hose under where the strut bar would be, would take a little fabricating but I am sure it can be done.

Old 04-19-2011, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator
READ what i said......then comment.
OK I miss understood what you where saying, yes you can have a strut bar with the inter cooler you just cant use the scoop. With out the scoop though your most likely not getting the full potential of the inter cooler.

So I guess it comes down to do you want to impress all your F&F friends with your mad tight JDM strut bar or do you want to have a functioning scoop supplying cool air to your inter cooler.

Old 04-19-2011, 04:46 PM
5 Year Member
OK I miss understood what you where saying, yes you can have a strut bar with the inter cooler you just cant use the scoop. With out the scoop though your most likely not getting the full potential of the inter cooler.

So I guess it comes down to do you want to impress all your F&F friends with your mad tight JDM strut bar or do you want to have a functioning scoop supplying cool air to your inter cooler.
if you see my post above, you can do both, you just need a little bit of handy work and ingenuity to get it working.

You can cut the whole bottom of the scoop off, glass on a flat cover with an inlet hole to attach the hose on the bottom instead of the front and the hose will go under the bar, rather than right into it. I think it would work, but of course you would need to do the work.

Old 04-19-2011, 09:21 PM
You can run the 5lb kit or the 10lb ALL DAY LONG without a scoop or hose.
Are you familiar with "knock retard"?

You can run on 5 or 10psi, but you want air flowing over the charge cooler if you are going to bother installing one and spending the money on it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: front strut bar with kwsc intercooler