Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

front strut bar with kwsc intercooler

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 03:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
Are you familiar with "knock retard"?

You can run on 5 or 10psi, but you want air flowing over the charge cooler if you are going to bother installing one and spending the money on it.
Nope, never heard of it. Ive only been turbocharging hondas since 1994, so im pretty new to this game.

and since you are all so knowing, tell me how have I put 40K miles on my fit since it was @5lbs and 15Kmiles since it was @10LBS WITH IC AND NO SCOOP? guess what? ZERO ISSUES

Old 04-20-2011, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by Jesse
Nope, never heard of it. Ive only been turbocharging hondas since 1994, so im pretty new to this game.

and since you are all so knowing, tell me how have I put 40K miles on my fit since it was @5lbs and 15Kmiles since it was @10LBS WITH IC AND NO SCOOP? guess what? ZERO ISSUES
Reading comprehension.. try it sometime.

Old 04-20-2011, 04:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jesse

no one's denying the fact that u can run the 10lb kit without a scoop.

Old 04-21-2011, 01:31 AM
5 Year Member
So the OP has an answer, you can have the intercooler with the KWSC, and a strut bar, but you lose the ability to use the scoop unless you modify it. can we close the thread now

Old 04-29-2011, 11:13 AM
I have nothing nice to say in this thread....so edited it is.

Last edited by gimme; 04-29-2011 at 02:27 PM. Reason: trolling
Old 04-29-2011, 12:22 PM
5 Year Member
Oh I'm sorry you are a moron, but i can't help with that =-(

but here like your first post said pics and suggestions,

(PICTURES BELOW)

Name:  IMG_0272.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  85.8 KBName:  IMG_0275.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  92.6 KB

Oh look I do have a scoop (sorry not THE SCOOP) and a strut bar OMG!!!!

AND YES OMG WHAT DO I SEEE, like i said before and what was said... if you can extrapolate in your head from the pictures. the strut bar would sit in the way of the kraftwerks scoop, (here comes the suggestion-->) so unless you modify it you can't use it to direct air the topmount intercooler.

Being as ass like you won't get you answers quickly like you would like, it just makes people think you are an ass

Old 04-29-2011, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by THEproFIT
ONLY PPL who ACTUALLY mounted a strut bar WITH THE SCOOP need to reply........all other post/replies mean U R A MORON who's replies r unwelcome

I DID CLEARLY STATE THAT ANY USELESS REPLIES R TO BE CONSIDERED AN ATTACK SO THIS IS MERELY IN SELF DEFENCE!!!!!!

RICERS F OFF!!!
You got your answer. Now learn how to type you dipsh*t. I think your caps lock key is broken.

Old 04-29-2011, 02:11 PM
Why so serious?
5 Year Member
Here is your warning : If you plan on staying around here at FF.net you need to be a bit less aggressive.

Creating a thread where you ask for help, but then command people on what they can or can't post is not gonna fly. Insulting them on top of that is gonna get you the banhammer upside the head quick fast and in a hurry.

So chill. And here's a week for you to think it over.

Old 04-29-2011, 02:29 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
back on topic, fellas. all cleaned up

gj, Sid

Old 05-01-2011, 01:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
Are you familiar with "knock retard"?

You can run on 5 or 10psi, but you want air flowing over the charge cooler if you are going to bother installing one and spending the money on it.

This response has nothing directed toward you but to let people know these Rotrex units run very cool, I've watched my IAT's at no more than 85c so far in day to day driving. 65 -70 degree days here in Southern California. This is on 10psi no intercooler at the moment, I will be on a front mount in the next month or so. The top mount included in the high boost kit was picked for ease of implementation/installation. If you have a top mount in the engine bay only being fed by the little scoop into what looks to be a 2" accordion tube that has to bend 180 degrees you aren't seeing any help until highway speeds if at all... There is a loss of like 25% for every 90 degree bend in airflow, a small accordion tube isn't helping anything ether. The heat soak is also an issue in this location. Only real solution would be to vent the hood with an induction scoop that sealed over the intercooler to make it of use.(think Subaru)

As for the original poster, there are countless things you could do that would give you better suspension/body performance over the almost cosmetic bar you want to install.

Just to name a few, have you done:
lighter wheels?
performance tires?
coilovers/stiffer spring rates?
motor mounts?
control arm bushings?
better top hats?

I could probably list a page of more benifical things that a 2 point non-fixed aluminum tower bar...