Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Fit CAI and Ram Air Kit - CHECK THIS OUT!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 03:26 PM
aspec announced end of august - other than that i don't believe any other company has anything out...anyone else know?

Old 06-28-2006, 03:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fuzzyiguana
So who would you suggest...Fujita?
Not sure who makes one right now, we should look into it more. Fujita definitely makes one. A-Spec makes one, but I don't know how reputable they are.

One thing is for certain, unless you have money to burn, you don't need to be the first one on the block. Give a few companies a chance to come out with them, it won't be long, the car is very popular. But I'm sure the Fujita is a good choice, definitely better than Weapon-R.

Weapon-R makes an intake for every car on earth, try to find a car they don't make an intake for! Most of them probably don't fit, they are throwing s*** against the wall just to see what sticks.

Old 06-28-2006, 03:45 PM
Originally Posted by muffin_man
Weapon-R makes an intake for every car on earth, try to find a car they don't make an intake for! Most of them probably don't fit, they are throwing s*** against the wall just to see what sticks.
I concur, i couldnt have said it better myself. Probably the best right now is the Fujitia, beacause its cold air and good quality with a nice package. If you wanna wait i bet AEM and Injen will have some nice intakes, and maybee K&N will make a typhoon series intake.

Old 06-28-2006, 03:51 PM
So honestly, is there ANY hype over AEM intakes? I've never had one...

Old 06-28-2006, 04:41 PM
5 Year Member
I had an AEM CAI for my 02 Civic Si, and I loved it. Good power, GREAT sound, easy install, right price.

BTW - when I asked the company I ordered the Weapon-R from if I could return it, they told me they didn't carry Weapon-R anymore, because 90% of people complained and returned them.

Old 06-28-2006, 04:45 PM
well then, looks like waiting is the way to go!

Old 06-28-2006, 04:54 PM
Re: short ram intakes

Just another thing to consider about short ram intakes... Im no technician but when you hook up and SRI to any vehicle shouldnt the filter be boxed out from the rest of the engine bay? Just wondering because if the filter is not boxed out your pretty much sucking in hot air.

Old 06-28-2006, 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by paowee13
Just another thing to consider about short ram intakes... Im no technician but when you hook up and SRI to any vehicle shouldnt the filter be boxed out from the rest of the engine bay? Just wondering because if the filter is not boxed out your pretty much sucking in hot air.
Yes, and that's why i was origionally talking about the Ram Air Kit that Weapon R has...

Old 06-28-2006, 08:24 PM
forget weapon r dude, if you must have one now, get the fujuta CAI for wich ever tranny u got m/t or /at.

Old 06-29-2006, 12:31 AM
5 Year Member
The surface area of the ram air kit, is almost certainly less than the surface area of a cone filter. That ram air kit is in no way equal to having a CAI. At high speeds, it might add a little bit, but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't do anything at all.

Old 06-29-2006, 05:45 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by claymore
Muffin Man you are wrong in your assumption that ram air doesn't do anything. I have had them on all my cars over the past 20 years and all various brands and makes including homemade dryer hose ones consistently result in in 2 tenths reductions in et at the drags.
Well, the faster you go, the more power a ram air kit will make, so if you were trapping 120+ (which most FIT's probably will never see) maybe you would benefit from it.

What kind of cars did you run?

Old 06-29-2006, 09:10 AM
The surface area of the ram air kit, is almost certainly less than the surface area of a cone filter. That ram air kit is in no way equal to having a CAI. At high speeds, it might add a little bit, but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't do anything at all.
Ok, so first of all the ram air kit hooks up to the end of the CAI. Go to Weapon R's website and look. Secondly, just because you buy the weapon r dosent' mean you can't buy the enclosure box for the intake AND hook up the Ram Air. I don't agree with you because the ram air kit is hooked up to the end of the CAI and mounted anywhere that constant cold air is available. Two different opnions yes, but in the end we're all obsessed with the fit and making it the shit. So let's all be friends.

SO JDM I SLEEP ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE BED.

Old 06-29-2006, 10:43 AM
I do believe we have made our points!

Old 06-29-2006, 04:43 PM
5 Year Member
As long as my point is that Weapon-R sucks the big one - than yes I did

Respect!

Old 06-29-2006, 05:12 PM
To each their own - i can't say they do or don't i've never had one...

Old 06-30-2006, 02:27 PM
About the fujita CAI, I honestly think it works great... Had it for almost 3 weeks now and its been raining here in Boston and so far no problems with hydrolock. Another thing is that the whole system fit in without having to cut through anything.

Old 06-30-2006, 02:34 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
although iam sure you will get more airflow if you do cut..

Old 06-30-2006, 03:42 PM
O definately, I just wanna be extra cautious with the water getting sucked up, wish there was a bypass valve like the AEM's.

Old 07-04-2006, 08:36 PM
I was totally hot on the Secret Weapon too, but here's the things to think about:
A) They dyno on a different dyno, which makes their power claims useless.
B) It's an SRI, which WILL heatsoak.
C) The Ram Air Kit is a gimmicky piece of crap that practically deserves its own list of why it's junk. (not to mention, nobody has EVER dyno'd with it)
D) Weapon-R quality control SUCKS! If they send you the wrong thing, it will cost you $50 in shipping to replace it. (shipping it back and forth 3 times) This happened to me, except that I'm just returning, not replacing.
E) And most importantly - I'm getting screwed by Weapon-R as I type this! They still haven't sent my money back, and at a minimum, I'm spent $30 shipping it back and forth!

A) dynojet or dynopac or mustang dyno whatever it is if you maintain consistant conditions and run the tests under control if there is a gain run to run there is a gain in power. Yes there is now no way to compare the WR to the Fujita but thats not the point. Their claim is not invalid because they have a different brand in house dynometer. It just makes comparisons a PITA.
B) If you are moving more than 20 mph the heatsoak is not a big issue. and if you're super worried about it realize two things first that header wrap will work fine to insulate the intake. And the metal of the Fujita will heat up just as much in the engine bay.
C) I am not sure what their ram air kit is but if its dryer hose i have seen pleanty of race cars with hose ducting to the intake as well as ducting for the brakes.
D) My roomate had a WR intake on his cavalier (yes i know POS) and the piece was perfect quality. This was a few years ago but if there was an issue I'd have WR in court before I payed 50 bucks to get the part I ordered.
E) That does suck and if its the case tell them one thing. Fix it or see you in court. That would motivate me pretty quick if I were in their shoes. Yes its small claims but its a pain in the ass for them and they will hook you up very fast if you shake that stick at them.

Old 07-05-2006, 02:43 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gsilvers
A) dynojet or dynopac or mustang dyno whatever it is if you maintain consistant conditions and run the tests under control if there is a gain run to run there is a gain in power. Yes there is now no way to compare the WR to the Fujita but thats not the point. Their claim is not invalid because they have a different brand in house dynometer. It just makes comparisons a PITA.
B) If you are moving more than 20 mph the heatsoak is not a big issue. and if you're super worried about it realize two things first that header wrap will work fine to insulate the intake. And the metal of the Fujita will heat up just as much in the engine bay.
C) I am not sure what their ram air kit is but if its dryer hose i have seen pleanty of race cars with hose ducting to the intake as well as ducting for the brakes.
D) My roomate had a WR intake on his cavalier (yes i know POS) and the piece was perfect quality. This was a few years ago but if there was an issue I'd have WR in court before I payed 50 bucks to get the part I ordered.
E) That does suck and if its the case tell them one thing. Fix it or see you in court. That would motivate me pretty quick if I were in their shoes. Yes its small claims but its a pain in the ass for them and they will hook you up very fast if you shake that stick at them.
A) It actually makes comparisons more than a PITA, they're impossible.
B) Header wrap reduces the life of your header.
C) I shouldn't say any more about it - but I've never seen a dyno of a Weapon-R.
D) I honestly don't have time to take anyone to court over $50 - and I shouldn't have to!!
E) THEY STILL HAVEN'T PAID.

MANY complaints about Weapon-R around different car forums. AVOID.

Quick Reply: Fit CAI and Ram Air Kit - CHECK THIS OUT!