Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Fit CAI and Ram Air Kit - CHECK THIS OUT!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 09:39 PM
Exclamation Fit CAI and Ram Air Kit - CHECK THIS OUT!

Fit Air Intake CHECK THIS OUT!
I was doing some extensive research on CAI's for the 2007 USDM Fit - and Weapon R makes a "Secret Air Intake" system for the car. If you haven't checked it out go to the website. www.weapon-r.com It states it's for the 2006 model, but that's a typo on their part since the USDM fit is actually 2007. Anyhow, they also make a ram air kit that hooks up to their CAI and personally i think that's kick ass. If you check out the comparisons they do b/n their CAI and the standard 3" from K&N you can see that the Weapon R intake is quite better and the performance specs are shown right there. The best part about it is that the Weapon R intake is a Short ram and it still blows away the standard CAI. I think this is something that is defenately worth getting. JC Whitney seems to have the best price on the CAI...what do you guys think? Here's the links- CHAO!

Weapon R Secret Weapon Air Inake:http://www.weapon-r.com/store/agora....&ppinc=search2
Weapon R Ram Air Kit:http://www.weapon-r.com/store/agora....ppinc=search2#

Old 06-26-2006, 11:47 PM
Hi. Weapon R did the prototyping of there intake on my Fit. It made a noticable difference in power and throttle response. The biggest thing i noticed was that i no longer need to downshift from 5th on the steep grades. Here is a pic of it installed.

Dyno of SW intake vs stock

Old 06-27-2006, 10:27 AM
5 Year Member
I ordered a Weapon R intake for my car about a month ago, the kit they sent was wrong. No instructions, no help, just gave me the run around for weeks. I'm now waiting to see if they'll give me a refund or not. Either way, I had to pay for shipping to and from. There are a lot of more reliable companies making intakes to order from. I would skip Weapon R.

Old 06-27-2006, 10:35 AM
That's great! 6.8 ft/lb torque gain and 5.5 hp is outstanding! Thanks for posting that! I'm sure everyone will be buying this stage 1 mod for the USDM now. I bet the Dyno will be even higher w/the Ram Air Kit installed...

Old 06-27-2006, 10:42 AM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
you get what ya pay for i guess..

Old 06-27-2006, 10:43 AM
Arrow

Originally Posted by muffin_man
I ordered a Weapon R intake for my car about a month ago, the kit they sent was wrong. No instructions, no help, just gave me the run around for weeks. I'm now waiting to see if they'll give me a refund or not. Either way, I had to pay for shipping to and from. There are a lot of more reliable companies making intakes to order from. I would skip Weapon R.
As with all companies you get a bad egg every now and then...plus a month ago is about the time they (Weapon R) were prototyping this CAI. Even the other companies that are making them (K&N for the i-DSI and Fujita for the USDM) can't match the power that Weapon R is making.

Old 06-27-2006, 01:05 PM
An intake is one of the most cost effective power increases you can buy. I'll definitely be getting one for my Fit... probably wait until after the break-in period, though.

Old 06-27-2006, 01:13 PM
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Fray Adjacent
An intake is one of the most cost effective power increases you can buy. I'll definitely be getting one for my Fit... probably wait until after the break-in period, though.
What exact break in are we speaking about?

Old 06-27-2006, 01:22 PM
Master FitFreaker
yea that u get for wat u pay

Old 06-27-2006, 01:52 PM
JC Whitney only wants $175 for the Weapon R Intake System - and the Ram Air Kit is $58...

Old 06-27-2006, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by fuzzyiguana
What exact break in are we speaking about?
\

You know, the first few thousand miles where you take it easy on the car so it seats the valves and rings?

I also want to get a good feel of what type of fuel economy I'll be getting before I put the CAI on. That way I can tell if it made a positive difference or not. I wouldn't mind getting more power out of the Fit, but I don't want to kill the fuel economy!

Old 06-27-2006, 04:05 PM
I do concur - however! If you take it easy on the throttle it should actually improve fuel economy...especially if you get the ram air kit for the intake. Because colder air is always better!

Old 06-28-2006, 03:23 AM
5 Year Member
As with all companies you get a bad egg every now and then...plus a month ago is about the time they (Weapon R) were prototyping this CAI. Even the other companies that are making them (K&N for the i-DSI and Fujita for the USDM) can't match the power that Weapon R is making.
That's exactly what I said, when I ignored all the Weapon-R complaints scattered around the internet forums. (I didn't buy one for the Fit)

Go with a CAI from a company you trust. The Weapon R will heat soak like every other short ram once you drive around a bit anyway.

Old 06-28-2006, 08:58 AM
Exclamation

That's exactly what I said, when I ignored all the Weapon-R complaints scattered around the internet forums. (I didn't buy one for the Fit)

Go with a CAI from a company you trust. The Weapon R will heat soak like every other short ram once you drive around a bit anyway.
So you agree? The thing that really got me about the Weapon R intake was that they have a Ram Air Kit available for $52. It has a storm sheild and everything - personally that's a great idea if you ask me. Because it's proven that their intake is producing more power than the other companies' and better yet you can hook up a fatty 3" hose that leads to the ram air scoop you bolt on anywhere on your car that gets constant cold air (i.e. under the front bumper or in the hood scoop if you have one). That way even tho your running a short ram you get cold air constantly plus the performance only Weapon R can deliver.

Old 06-28-2006, 09:03 AM
Someone that Posts too much
i would never run short ram in any car, and why pay $52 for a bunch of glorified dryer hose? you can get them at home depot

they might have a dyno that shows more power, but they are not using the same kind of dyno (everybody uses dynojet and WR uses dynapack) ..

dynapack = attaches to the wheel hubs
dynojet = actual wheels and tires on a big roller

dynojet is always going to dyno less because of the tires, etc.. BUT it's more realistic..

i just noticed that it says "flywheel hp" "flywheel torque" on the WR dynos.. not WHP

-joe

Old 06-28-2006, 09:06 AM
You are correct...i would just be worried about hydrolock if I were to get the Fujita...what do you think Joe?

Old 06-28-2006, 01:13 PM
5 Year Member
So you agree? The thing that really got me about the Weapon R intake was that they have a Ram Air Kit available for $52. It has a storm sheild and everything - personally that's a great idea if you ask me. Because it's proven that their intake is producing more power than the other companies' and better yet you can hook up a fatty 3" hose that leads to the ram air scoop you bolt on anywhere on your car that gets constant cold air (i.e. under the front bumper or in the hood scoop if you have one). That way even tho your running a short ram you get cold air constantly plus the performance only Weapon R can deliver.
I was totally hot on the Secret Weapon too, but here's the things to think about:
A) They dyno on a different dyno, which makes their power claims useless.
B) It's an SRI, which WILL heatsoak.
C) The Ram Air Kit is a gimmicky piece of crap that practically deserves its own list of why it's junk. (not to mention, nobody has EVER dyno'd with it)
D) Weapon-R quality control SUCKS! If they send you the wrong thing, it will cost you $50 in shipping to replace it. (shipping it back and forth 3 times) This happened to me, except that I'm just returning, not replacing.
E) And most importantly - I'm getting screwed by Weapon-R as I type this! They still haven't sent my money back, and at a minimum, I'm spent $30 shipping it back and forth!

Old 06-28-2006, 02:48 PM
I was totally hot on the Secret Weapon too, but here's the things to think about:
A) They dyno on a different dyno, which makes their power claims useless.
B) It's an SRI, which WILL heatsoak.
C) The Ram Air Kit is a gimmicky piece of crap that practically deserves its own list of why it's junk. (not to mention, nobody has EVER dyno'd with it)
D) Weapon-R quality control SUCKS! If they send you the wrong thing, it will cost you $50 in shipping to replace it. (shipping it back and forth 3 times) This happened to me, except that I'm just returning, not replacing.
E) And most importantly - I'm getting screwed by Weapon-R as I type this! They still haven't sent my money back, and at a minimum, I'm spent $30 shipping it back and forth!
So who would you suggest...Fujita?

Old 06-28-2006, 02:49 PM
You think the Fujita is good?

Old 06-28-2006, 02:53 PM
What othe companies make intakes for the fit. The only other ones iv seen are the Fujita, which looks like a good package, you get a dufflebag, hat and more, plus its a CAI, and another iv seen on here is the K&N short ram.

Quick Reply: Fit CAI and Ram Air Kit - CHECK THIS OUT!