Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

diy hr shifter box in fit

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 12:32 AM
5 Year Member
diy hr shifter box in fit

thanks to hybrid racing and jeff and matt at east coast performance for helping with this. this is a basic run down of how you mod a hybrid racing shifter box for a 07-08 k swap fit, iam useing a type s tranny.
here is what we started with, not useing the bottom part cause it allow better access to the bolt holes on the tunnel

then you need to cut the box in the back down to the first tabs on the bottom, leaving just enough at the top of the back so the tab holding the spring isnt sticking out, this is cause the tunnel is at an angle in the fit

next take few metal bars and use a bench press and bend it to the contour on the tunnel in the car, take the rubber tabs with metal rings out of the stock shifter box and weld them to the new tube frame, take your time with this so the bolt holes will match up.

next put the tube frame and shifter in the car and put the console over it so you can get the shifter to position in the console as needed, it will be a little forward then the stock postion but will still go in the shifter boot easily, and needs to be angled down just a hair to clear the cup holder section, take a marker or sharpy and mark on the tube frame where it needs to be welded at

now weld the box to the tube frame at the mark you made, make sure to make a line when making the mark so that you get the box at the needed angle

then take a metal strap bar, got it from lowes, and cut two sections that are from the tube frame to the top of the sides of the shifter box, then weld away, clean up

then bolt everything up in the car, put console back on, set shifter at height and postion you want, in this pic iam in first gear, then drive and enjoy!!

Old 06-08-2011, 03:52 AM
maybe my eyes are blurry.. but is that stick not inline with the original stick? eniwei that shifter is really awesome.. i hate the plastic stock ones...

Old 06-22-2011, 11:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kodok3ribu
maybe my eyes are blurry.. but is that stick not inline with the original stick? eniwei that shifter is really awesome.. i hate the plastic stock ones...
that cuz i had it in the first gear position, its a hair off from the stock position but not enough to notice when driving, the way our shifter tunnel contours and all the stuff in there that in the way limits doing but so much

Old 08-24-2011, 12:37 PM
dope, I love it

Old 08-24-2011, 09:40 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
going to save this so i can use it later. great write up.