Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Kswc high boost

Old 06-15-2011, 10:36 PM
5 Year Member
Kswc high boost

Been doing some research seen the few videos that are on YouTube. But I still have some questions for the owners of the high boost kit. First question does the kit set of the cel, if so where you able to solve it. I'm asking this cause I HATE!!! Pesky Christmas lights going off in my cockpit, had to many previous cars with it and I can't stand it. To get the full potential out of the kit did you or do you have to get headers and a test pipe, did that set off cel. If you've noticed I have a thing against cel and that got damn tpms light too!! Hah thanks for any input

Old 06-16-2011, 04:05 AM
5 Year Member
As long as everything is in order and you have a cat, you'll have no cel. Header and cat-back exhaust is fine.

Old 06-17-2011, 04:04 AM
5 Year Member
Like he said. CEL lights didn't start coming on till I got a straight pipe.

Old 06-17-2011, 11:46 AM
5 Year Member
So removing the cats sets of cel. Does the ecu retard timing or have any other adverse effect on performance because of the cel

Old 09-25-2011, 02:28 AM
5 Year Member
Hey High Boost people how do you like your Kraftwerks supercharger and is it worth every penny I am trying to figure out if it worth it or not or should I got the more expensive route with the k20.

Old 09-25-2011, 02:44 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fittacular81
So removing the cats sets of cel. Does the ecu retard timing or have any other adverse effect on performance because of the cel
The ECU isn't affected by the CEL being on.. You can pick up a couple of spark plug defoulers at most auto parts stores and put then in the O2 sensor bung in the cat delete down pipe and get an extension cable that fits between the O2 sensor cable and the cable to the ECU and the light won't come on..

Old 09-25-2011, 03:11 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by civichb20
Hey High Boost people how do you like your Kraftwerks supercharger and is it worth every penny I am trying to figure out if it worth it or not or should I got the more expensive route with the k20.
When my car was stock, driving around on country roads would keep me smiling. With the base kit I had a lot of fun and surprised a lot of people.. When I added the high boost kit components and header with larger diameter pipes and straight through muffler I found that a lot of V8s, MINI Cooper S models older stock RSXs and one old K model powered Civic hatchback couldn't stay with me... I had a blow by problem that went away by changing to 5W30 Mobile 1 oil... I need to stiffen up the motor mounts and do a few more things so the tires will hook up but other wise all is well and I catch myself laughing out loud a lot... My son climbs big towers and has worked cleaning windows on high rise buildings in Minneapolis during the winter and he screams like a little girl when I took him for a ride with the 5 PSI boost kit... That makes me laugh whenever I think about it.... You may need to know that the kit only fits the GD3 models.