Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Honda Fit Performance Chip...REALLY?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 04:44 PM
Honda Fit Performance Chip...REALLY?

OK, let me preface this by saying I am a newbie. I've searched multiple threads searching for any info on either of these two chips, and have found nothing. Both are similiar, if not identical. They both retail for $69.00. Both boast up to 60hp gains, 4-7mpg gain, lifetime warranty, money back guarantee. Without disclosing any brand names at this time, here are some selected quotes:
"The Performance Chip reprograms your air/fuel ratio, ignition timing, and other aspects of your vehicle's engine to SAFELY increase the power, while increasing fuel economy significantly.""Our chips will not only increase horsepower, but torque as well for more REAL power. It increases power throughout the full RPM range unlike many competitors.""Installation can be performed by anyone using simple hand tools. The module installs into your HONDA FIT's engine bay and is connected via 2 wires that plug into the IAT sensor.""The unit is then able to reprogram the ECU thus improving your car's performance.", and:
"Your car's acceleration will be improved when you add any one of these great Fit ECU chips. If you love the fuel mileage that you are getting now, just wait until you add a Fit chip. New Fit performance chips are guaranteed to increase your vehicle's fuel economy when you turn down the supplied dial."
My car: 2012 Honda Fit Sport AUTOMATIC
My questions: Does anyone have one now?; Have had one in the past?, What are/were your experiences?; Are they worth even considering purchasing?; and lastly...Do they actually work without any other modifications? I 'm more interested in improving MPG than increasing HP.
Thanks to all in advance, and if this thread is repetative, please forgive me. Peace.

Old 07-06-2012, 05:18 PM
5 Year Member

Old 07-06-2012, 05:57 PM
You could just light $70 in bills on fire, it would do about as much as the "chip"

Old 07-06-2012, 06:09 PM
5 Year Member
Nah, y'all are retarded. You have to match it up with a Vortec Cyclone. Then you will get mad gains.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:08 PM
5 Year Member
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and not say you are trolling, but please think of it this way...if this was indeed possible, why wouldn't Honda include it and then charge an extra $500~1000 for the car? I mean a 60hp improvement on a stock 117hp engine would be fantastic especially with the relatively light weight of the Fit plus additional fuel economy.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:18 PM
lol you can try and see how it pans out...

Old 07-06-2012, 07:40 PM
Thats a general statement about the 60hp gain. Mabey in a vehicle with 4-500hp but not the fit. Mabey 4-5hp, and for $60 might just be a deal. Better than spending $1000 for an exhaust and get nothing but noise, or $150 on an intake and get nothing. Yea, I bought one of these before we bought our second Fit, a 2012. I unplug the thing now and then at the same time disconnect the battery for 1/2 hr or so trying to get a comparison. You say the chip just fools the thing making it think it needs more fuel but at the same time my mileage rocks. As high as 40mpg if do things just right.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:43 PM
5 Year Member
I'm not getting pulled into this bs again. Throw your money where you will don't bitch when you get jipped though.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:43 PM
5 Year Member
Whattttttttt? I eat chips for lunch. Doritos, mang.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:45 PM

Old 07-06-2012, 08:07 PM
Thats a general statement about the 60hp gain. Mabey in a vehicle with 4-500hp but not the fit. Mabey 4-5hp, and for $60 might just be a deal.
No. No. Also, no.

Old 07-06-2012, 09:07 PM
5 Year Member
Their HP claim is for the best result they have ever seen on ANY vehicle - not on the Fit. Intentional misleading ad.

Originally Posted by JC Hillbilly
OK, let me preface this by saying I am a newbie. I've searched multiple threads searching for any info on either of these two chips, and have found nothing. Both are similiar, if not identical. They both retail for $69.00. Both boast up to 60hp gains, 4-7mpg gain, lifetime warranty, money back guarantee. Without disclosing any brand names at this time, here are some selected quotes:
"The Performance Chip reprograms your air/fuel ratio, ignition timing, and other aspects of your vehicle's engine to SAFELY increase the power, while increasing fuel economy significantly.""Our chips will not only increase horsepower, but torque as well for more REAL power. It increases power throughout the full RPM range unlike many competitors.""Installation can be performed by anyone using simple hand tools. The module installs into your HONDA FIT's engine bay and is connected via 2 wires that plug into the IAT sensor.""The unit is then able to reprogram the ECU thus improving your car's performance.", and:
"Your car's acceleration will be improved when you add any one of these great Fit ECU chips. If you love the fuel mileage that you are getting now, just wait until you add a Fit chip. New Fit performance chips are guaranteed to increase your vehicle's fuel economy when you turn down the supplied dial."
My car: 2012 Honda Fit Sport AUTOMATIC
My questions: Does anyone have one now?; Have had one in the past?, What are/were your experiences?; Are they worth even considering purchasing?; and lastly...Do they actually work without any other modifications? I 'm more interested in improving MPG than increasing HP.
Thanks to all in advance, and if this thread is repetative, please forgive me. Peace.

Old 07-06-2012, 09:33 PM
Banned
On vehicles made up to the late '80s, there were some U. S.-made chips that could be piggy-backed onto the ECU's that would provide real gains. I used one on a 1987 Ford Bronco II that worked unbelievably well to increase power and fuel economy. But car makers are under heavy pressure today to get all of the MPG's and all of the acceleration that they possibly can from the stock configuration of the engine.

60 hp. gains for $69.00 is not possible with today's drive trains. It is embarrassing that these forums accept ad. money from scam artists who claim bullshit, and advertise that bullshit, here..

Old 07-06-2012, 10:55 PM
Talking

Hehehehehe...Thanks for the chuckles! I really appreciate ALL's opinions! Seems at times quite easy to get one's feathers ruffled, or in some instances, one's panties knoted. Thanks to those of you who actually read, verbatum.
For others, let me reinterate...(emphasized to show key points), My car: 2012 Honda Fit Sport AUTOMATIC
Now...to what the manufacturers, (of which I have absolutely no affiliation with) claimed...(again, emphasized to show key points)'
Both boast up to 60hp gains, 4-7mpg gain, lifetime warranty, money back guarantee.

Sure, I may be trolling...or even bottom fishing; who here doesn't want the most, (and easiest) bang for thier buck. I started this thread to gain knowledge based on personal experiences of others...to benefit myself as well as others who may have the same interest.
I've had experience modifying both V8's and four-bangers; I have a good idea what bolt-ons do and don't do. A big V8, (where all claims are based) is greatly different than what that same mod will do with a four cylinder.
To summarize, based on all input to this thread thusfar...only one member has had experience with these chips; all seem to agree, claims are overstated and you're just throwing your money away. Again...Gentlemen, thanks for your opinions.
I only hope my MPG will increase after the initial break-in period.

Old 07-07-2012, 12:49 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by JC Hillbilly
Hehehehehe...Thanks for the chuckles! I really appreciate ALL's opinions! Seems at times quite easy to get one's feathers ruffled, or in some instances, one's panties knoted. Thanks to those of you who actually read, verbatum.
For others, let me reinterate...(emphasized to show key points), My car: 2012 Honda Fit Sport AUTOMATIC
Now...to what the manufacturers, (of which I have absolutely no affiliation with) claimed...(again, emphasized to show key points)'
Both boast up to 60hp gains, 4-7mpg gain, lifetime warranty, money back guarantee.

Sure, I may be trolling...or even bottom fishing; who here doesn't want the most, (and easiest) bang for thier buck. I started this thread to gain knowledge based on personal experiences of others...to benefit myself as well as others who may have the same interest.
I've had experience modifying both V8's and four-bangers; I have a good idea what bolt-ons do and don't do. A big V8, (where all claims are based) is greatly different than what that same mod will do with a four cylinder.
To summarize, based on all input to this thread thusfar...only one member has had experience with these chips; all seem to agree, claims are overstated and you're just throwing your money away. Again...Gentlemen, thanks for your opinions.
I only hope my MPG will increase after the initial break-in period.
"Hillbilly" is right. Kick your sister out of bed and study English. Reiterate. Verbatim. Learn how to spell if you want to "educate" people.

Last edited by Triskelion; 07-11-2012 at 03:16 PM.
Old 07-07-2012, 12:57 AM
5 Year Member
This 2012 model is really bringing out the crazies.

Old 07-07-2012, 01:12 AM
Originally Posted by hayden
This 2012 model is really bringing out the crazies.
Guilty!

Old 07-07-2012, 01:56 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Dwalbert320
Guilty!
The forum has definitely received an injection of energy.

Old 07-11-2012, 02:56 PM
Thanks for telling me your notions about 2012 Honda AUTOMATIC, but it so expensive so can not purchase it.otherwise you have a Giant Car.

Old 04-26-2013, 10:27 AM
5 Year Member
unless its a jet ecu upgrade or a hondata plug and play DO NOT install any iaf iat chip on to your Honda fit as it will eventually F up your ecu ... I got a p 0685 code about a yr after I installed the chip took it to Honda had them replace the ecu under warrenty ran great for a month still had the IAT chip on it the whole time then again got another 0685 internal pcm malfunction code so I thought really another bad computer?? I immediately took the iat chip off immediately the code disappeared and the car is running as it should .. ill be saving up for the hondata unit personally but belive me there is a reason the reputable companys ecu upgrades are 300-800 vs the 30$ ebay crap ...if ur gonna tune it do it right don't cut corners you will regret it in the long run id say this is pretty obvious but for some reason no one understands that cheap parts are just that cheap ... buy good shit get good results simple as that ..

Last edited by fireemt24; 04-26-2013 at 10:29 AM.

Quick Reply: Honda Fit Performance Chip...REALLY?