Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Honda Fit Performance Chip...REALLY?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by fireemt24
unless its a jet ecu upgrade or a hondata plug and play DO NOT install any iaf iat chip on to your Honda fit as it will eventually F up your ecu ... I got a p 0685 code about a yr after I installed the chip took it to Honda had them replace the ecu under warrenty ran great for a month still had the IAT chip on it the whole time then again got another 0685 internal pcm malfunction code so I thought really another bad computer?? I immediately took the iat chip off immediately the code disappeared and the car is running as it should .. ill be saving up for the hondata unit personally but belive me there is a reason the reputable companys ecu upgrades are 300-800 vs the 30$ ebay crap ...if ur gonna tune it do it right don't cut corners you will regret it in the long run id say this is pretty obvious but for some reason no one understands that cheap parts are just that cheap ... buy good shit get good results simple as that ..
This thread was dead for nearly a year and you just felt compelled to bring it back?

Old 04-26-2013, 11:59 AM
Lets put this to bed.

Anything that claims a chip without any professional install or involvement is a scam, even if it only promises 1hp and 2mpg

Fact is, these "chips" are nothign more then resistors or pot meters to reduce the temperature the ecu sees at coolant and air sensors

Almost every car nowadays will simply ignore those sensors and go into basemap mode and limp around until you remove it.

EDIT wow, didnt see the dates. My bad guys

These can also potentially cost you expensive sensors or wiring if you screw up and now you are out mucho moola

Old 04-27-2013, 04:20 PM
5 Year Member
60hp gain is for (usually) a 550-hp Corvette. At 6000 rpm. You can scale that down to your own car. You'll see a 6hp improvement at 7000 rpm.

Unless they're just lying. Which they are. Probably. Go ahead and buy it and tell us if you get your money's worth.

Old 04-27-2013, 04:24 PM
NO!! all GM sports vehicles use ecu flashes. Plugging in a device and rewriting the ROM chip.

There are very FEW actual chips out there.

Even for the 88-95 honda/acura ecus, the chips were to access rewritable setups NOT actually solder in a new chip and be done (nothing extra).

Performance chips dont exist for 90% of vehicles on teh road. Nearly all are reflashed OR a rewritable chip is soldered in inplace of the factory UNflashable chip (like many older hondas).

No where is there something offered that just goes in without a proper tune.

Even Hondata's basemaps come with a VERY high recommendation to get tuned by hondata themselves.