Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Civic Si Sound

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 10:31 PM
Civic Si Sound

Whats up guys, i have a question, I haw a 2013 Fit Sport 5spd and I wante to add a Sound to my exhaust. I dont want a really loud one or a really quiet one, id like one like the one thats Comes in Stock Civic Si's... Has that sport sound from outside and can kinda of hear it from inside... What should I do to it? Testpipe? Its also my DD and I drive 40 miles one way so itll be kinda annoying driving at 70mph with a loud exhaust. Thanks Guys

Old 04-25-2013, 02:00 PM
I think you could go with something like the T1R B-pipe and Tanabe Medalion
Touring or Concept G exhaust.

This should give you a nice sound without being to obnoxious.If you still want more sound you could do the race converter also from T1R.

If you do a youtube search you should find a few clips of this set up for a GE8.
A&J Racing :: Specials :: T1R Exhaust B-Pipe - Honda Fit 09+ (GE8)

Old 04-25-2013, 02:24 PM
Sorry, I should of mentioned I did not want to go exhaust route... Just a quick bolt on for sound. I was thinking Test Pipe but i hear alot of negativity about it being too raspy and loud for DD...

Old 04-25-2013, 03:02 PM
You ask what to do to it, and then when are told what you should do to it you say "no" and try to get someone to validate your original plan?

Why don't you just go get a test pipe, try it out, and tell us how it worked out for you? You're not leaving us many options and this has become a pointless thread since you're unwilling to change anything but the cat.

Old 04-25-2013, 06:34 PM
5 Year Member
It should also be mentioned that you will have an extremely hard time getting an L-Series motor to sound like a K-Series.
They are very different beasts. Our 1.5L gerbil engines can sound better, but mainly head flow and give displacement the
K engines that sportier snarl while not being overly loud/annoying.

I'd recommend researching axle-backs (keep your cat!), and intakes. My CAI does help the engine note.
Possibly a header as well (I have the DC header, GD3 though).

Old 04-26-2013, 11:26 AM
5 Year Member
If you're looking to get a sportier sound on the cheap you could just go the DIY intake route. That would give you a much stronger engine growl for less than $100. Here's the DIY thread:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...e-cai-sri.html

-Dustin

Old 04-26-2013, 11:44 AM
If you want a sportier sound, PM me. It requires about $30 and retains one mounting bolt location and the stock filter.

I think it sounds great, and since it retains almost the same mounting style, the harness does NOT need to be stretched to the sensor like some intakes, and since it retains the stock filter and sounds good, an aftermarket dropin performance filter like K&N would make it sound even better!!

Parts were from autozone

--3inch coupler (buy 2) this has an adpater ring inside one end that is removable, so its either 3-3 or 3-2.5 This says Spectre on it and has a few color choices

--12mm breather filter. this is going on because chopping the bottom intake box removes the breather partition of the box.

--90 degree metal elbow. This allows nearly same factory mounting and uses one factory bolt to do so. The elbow has the straight parts a bit long, so the is angled too much to use the second mounting bolt factory. Grinding down the ends of the elbow should allow using BOTH factory bolts for a perfect fitment. I am doing this this weekend if They would send me the replacement dremel battery I require

After this is bought, Chopping the bottom box is a hassle. I had to use a sanding cylinder for a dremel to do this. It is VERY messy! It tends to melt the plastic instead of grinding it off.

I some day will grab pictures of the finished product, but not before I get part numbers so you guys can get exact parts

I retained a few inches of the bottom box so I could use the factory clamps for the filter, as using a ton of tape proved the heating and cooling of the engine bay slowly loosened the filter up. it never fell out, but it leaked a bit and who wants unfiltered air going into their motor? Not this guy!!

Old 04-26-2013, 12:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 13fit
If you want a sportier sound, PM me. It requires about $30 and retains one mounting bolt location and the stock filter.
Yes, please post pics if you can. I want to do something with my intake and this sounds appealing. I like what you mentioned about it still having a mounting point instead of the ducting and filter just hanging free from the connection to the intake manifold like most of the DIY intakes.

-Dustin

Old 04-26-2013, 12:16 PM
I need you to do me a favor and remind me via PM if you dont see pictures by tonight. Im seeing 11:16 Am on the clock right now.

I tend to get busy on fridays. No one else is gonna drink this beer up! lol

Old 04-26-2013, 01:02 PM
I need you to do me a favor and remind me via PM if you dont see pictures by tonight. Im seeing 11:16 Am on the clock right now.

I tend to get busy on fridays. No one else is gonna drink this beer up! lol
You should just post a DIY, i'm interested too.

Old 04-26-2013, 01:24 PM
I would just do axleback and keep the primary cat.If you do a test pipe only,there is still a secondary cat plus resonator and the stock muffler.

I'm not sure you would get the sound you want.I know how good that SI sounds but like others said our 1.5 will never sound like Civic SI mill.

Old 04-27-2013, 04:13 PM
5 Year Member
From everything I've read, it's near impossible to find an aftermarket exhaust that isn't louder than a stock sporty-car like the Civic. People tend to WANT that sound (because they're a few beans short of a chili) and be upgrading from the stock Si/WRX/M3 etc.

I'd recommend trying that intake mod first. I highly suspect that will make you very satisfied and require TONS less work than an exhaust replacement.

Old 04-27-2013, 04:26 PM
I put pictures of my intake mod in my albums for those interested

PM me if something is unclear

Old 04-27-2013, 08:00 PM
5 Year Member
I put pictures of my intake mod in my albums for those interested

PM me if something is unclear
Thanks 13fit! It looks pretty straightforward. You said you were using a sanding drum to do the cutting. Couldn't you just use a cutoff wheel and cut through the plastic instead of sanding through it? I haven't looked at the stock intake pieces yet, but just curious.

-Dustin

Old 04-27-2013, 08:15 PM
Was too lazy to drive and buy a cutoff wheel

The bottom box is a pain in the butt.

Like I said earlier, if the straight parts of that elbow were a little shorter the box could be mounted in factory place with both bolts. As you can see that engine side bolt is acting like a pivot point for the whole box, and the coupler is stretched a little bit