Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Flash pro for the Fit

Old 10-31-2012, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by Schoat333
Lets hope they make one for the GE. I'd sell my FIC, and order one right away.

Don't get me wrong, the FIC is nice, but piggyback tuning can be a bitch.
For what it is, and it's cost/install the FIC is a nice product.

But it leaves much to be desired. No rev-limit control, no spark advance, etc.

Which is why I sold my FIC and was looking at AEM EMS or dual ECU with K-pro.

Both of those options were exceptionally expensive and not particularly user friendly and came with compromises.

I would like to see a lot of follow through with the GD FlashPro and then see if Hondata can deal with the GE ECU "Firewall" (I'm sure they can, they just need incentive) and I would push those in a heartbeat as well.

Old 10-31-2012, 06:55 PM
5 Year Member
EMAIL HONDADATA for GE flashpro i email everyday every morning i get no response but its worth it to me

Old 10-31-2012, 07:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wafulz
EMAIL HONDADATA for GE flashpro i email everyday every morning i get no response but its worth it to me
To be honest, you may want to try a diff approach... You MIGHT be better served by putting together a list of GE owners with guaranteed purchasing interest in a finished product. Maybe like a petition/pre group buy? Just a thought...

Old 10-31-2012, 07:04 PM
5 Year Member
yeah ture that tpc

Old 11-01-2012, 03:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TPColgett
To be honest, you may want to try a diff approach... You MIGHT be better served by putting together a list of GE owners with guaranteed purchasing interest in a finished product. Maybe like a petition/pre group buy? Just a thought...
That wouldn't be a bad idea. We wouldn't mind jumping in as well. As a vendor on this forum, as well as a dealer for Hondata, if we can get enough people interested, it could speed up the process.

Just my 0.2 cents.

Thanks.

Jason @ AJR

Old 11-01-2012, 03:54 PM
5 Year Member
Hey jason i made the thread yesterday plz join the talk https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...-flashpro.html

Old 11-01-2012, 04:15 PM
5 Year Member
Any vendors in here selling flashpro's yet? I'm ready to buy

Old 11-01-2012, 05:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 08purplefit
Any vendors in here selling flashpro's yet? I'm ready to buy
We can get it, feel free to PM me about any inquiries.

Thanks.

Jason @ AJR

Old 11-01-2012, 05:28 PM
I was under the impression its not available till 11/5? Do you have pricing already?

Old 11-01-2012, 09:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
I was under the impression its not available till 11/5? Do you have pricing already?
MSRP is, $695 USD, I haven't confirmed the pricing yet on our end as I'm working with Hondata to see what we can do for a group buy.

Stay tuned.

Regards,

Jason @ AJR

Old 11-01-2012, 11:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by AJR Jay
MSRP is, $695 USD, I haven't confirmed the pricing yet on our end as I'm working with Hondata to see what we can do for a group buy.

Stay tuned.

Regards,

Jason @ AJR
Sweet, I'll be keeping an eye out for that thread.

Old 11-02-2012, 01:08 PM
5 Year Member
Let's get a group buy going maybe we can get a discount if we get enough members to buy one.

Old 11-02-2012, 08:55 PM
Ok...what exactly does Flash Pro do? Would this be of interest to a plain old user...

Old 11-02-2012, 09:20 PM
I could see benefits for any user. It has the ability not only to tune but also to check and clear codes. I'm considering it even on a basically stock car. I think even if it can make small changes such as vtec engagement an simple tuning, there are benefits to be had. I'm interested to see if there is an increas in mpg at all with it

Old 11-02-2012, 09:34 PM
5 Year Member
You could play around with minor stuff as eglass mentions. I think it could be interesting. I think there's two reasons.

First, if you did some minor modification like an intake, wouldn't you want to know if your engine was still running well? I would. Second, I know that a lot of manufacturers have to be conservative with their tuning because of the risk of encountering poor-quality gas. If you would able to decide that hey, I'm getting 40mpg, I think I can commit to using premium top tier, I wonder if you could get the car to make both a little more power and better economy. I dunno about the GD, but the fact that in the GE many people claim to get better performance with premium makes me wonder if this is not the case. I mean they know these cars will be sold in Japan, with very high quality gas, but also in Indonesia and the US, with "ahem" variable quality, so gotta tune for both right? Of course maybe the stock ECU can deal with both. I do wonder if minor changes would just be corrected by the stock ECU and I am not smart enough to know if the Hondata will let you get around that :P

Obviously I am NOT an expert because my tuning experience has so far been limited to rotating the distributor to give me more low-end torque. So you gotta take what I say with a few grains of salt on this topic! Note: that distributor thing isn't relevant in modern cars so please don't go looking for it :P

Old 11-02-2012, 10:31 PM
Hope for hondata make the flash pro for ge

Old 11-04-2012, 06:04 PM
Was going to go AEM FIC for turbo build....this appears to be a better option, correct? Higher price tag, but I think it will be more effective. Someone chime in and let me know if I should substitute this for an AEM FIC

Old 11-04-2012, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by FITdrummer13
Was going to go AEM FIC for turbo build....this appears to be a better option, correct? Higher price tag, but I think it will be more effective. Someone chime in and let me know if I should substitute this for an AEM FIC

the ease of use and the ability/functions of the flashpro will make it well worth the money. the fact that this uses the factory ecu makes it miles better than a piggyback unit like the FIC. while the FIC may be good, it doesn't give you the abilities like the flashpro. the flashpro will be easy to use and give you so many advantages to tuning compared to the FIC.

Yes there is a higher price tag but how i see it, you get what you pay for. Hondata hasnt become one of the best tuning solutions for hondas for no reason. i highly recommended this unit. Obviously i have not used one, but if you read about the results they have had on civics with flashpro, you will see why its a better option. I feel the FIC leaves much to be desired from what I have read. With that being said, I am sure Diamondstar can go in to more depth as to what this offers on a technical level.

Old 11-05-2012, 01:26 PM
5 Year Member
Aww DSM<3 +1rep

Old 11-05-2012, 01:34 PM
I'm waiting on a return PM and payment from that user if he decides he wants me to help him before we go farther down that path, and if he includes that as a question in the body of the message that will be addressed in my response.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Flash pro for the Fit