Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Where to buy Megan axle-back?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 08:33 PM
E J
5 Year Member
Where to buy Megan axle-back?

Looking for an axle-back exhaust and I've decided on the Megan axle back but I'm having some trouble finding a place to buy it.

Found a great price at a place in CA, tried to order online only to have my order rejected. Tried to call them and got a "full voice mailbox" message. Strike one!

Then found an even better price on ebay. Seller was shady at best so I cancelled that purchase. Strike two!

Been in touch with a couple other online vendors who all seem to just order/drop ship right from Megan so none of them actually have one in stock. I don't want to get stuck in a back-order or availability situation, so before I strike out I thought I'd ask here.

Where did you guys buy your Megans?

I like the Megan because it seems like it's not too loud or raspy. I like the oval profile and dual tip look too.
If there are others in the same price range I should consider, please make suggestions.
I can get a very good deal on an Apexi N1 Evolution, but I'm hesitant that it will be too loud.

Thanks in advance.

Old 03-30-2013, 11:39 AM
E J
5 Year Member
Since more than 100 people read this thread, let me post a follow up.
I ended up buying from Aptuned.com
They had a great price and were the only place I contacted that said they had it in stock. I ordered it Monday afternoon, it shipped Monday and I got it yesterday. (CA to PA) Put it on this morning and it sounds great!

I had also contacted Megan and they told me this exhaust has been discontinued, so if you've been thinking about one, don't wait too long.

Old 03-30-2013, 05:55 PM
I bought the axle back used....I think it sounds good but I wanted more noise so I bought the megan downpipe with resonator and it made it louder at WOT. At idle its fairly quite.