Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

K Series Swap Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 07:42 PM
K Series Swap Question

Hey guys, I am planning on doing a K swap on my gd3 and I read on the Hasport K swap guide that the only manifold that will fit the Jazz's engine bay is the "snail" type from the K20A from the Acura RSX and 02-02 Si.

I have a K20Z3 from an 07 Civic Si and my question is, will this intake manifold bolt on the k20z3's head? I know that with the B series there are many types of combinations you can do, but I have never worked closely with the K series so I don't know much about what combinations can be made with their variants.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:36 PM
want the easiest way to get a CONFIRMED answer? compare OEM gaskets online

Hell go to autozones website and see if the part number matches between.

I know for a fact there are K20 and K24 intake manifold swapping being done. There are a few oddbirds, but I think you will be fine.

Why the manifold fitment issue? Cant you swap to thinner fans or go to a pusher fan style for room? I thought the 2nd gen of innovative and HAsport mounts moved the motor to a better spot for better fitment

Old 05-29-2013, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by 13fit
want the easiest way to get a CONFIRMED answer? compare OEM gaskets online

Hell go to autozones website and see if the part number matches between.

I know for a fact there are K20 and K24 intake manifold swapping being done. There are a few oddbirds, but I think you will be fine.

Why the manifold fitment issue? Cant you swap to thinner fans or go to a pusher fan style for room? I thought the 2nd gen of innovative and HAsport mounts moved the motor to a better spot for better fitment
Thanks, did that and it seems to be the same bolt pattern.

I don't know if they changed them or not, I am only assuming by the little I have read on a few forums and guides. This is my first time going K series world from B and F series. Anyways, I'm trying to keep anything I can as OEM as possible, except of course for the engine part.

I am going to do a small search again to look up what you said about the mounts.

Old 05-30-2013, 12:26 AM
Super Moderator
Did you happen to notice the two threads we have here on this site about swapping a K into the Fit?

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...iscussion.html

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...ead-no-bs.html <-- Has a lot of good and more recent info

As for your question I will say that the RBC intake manifold has been fitted to work with the Fit. Its a tight fit and I have not seen what it looks like in person but it does fit. The RSX snail manifold is not your only option.

Old 05-30-2013, 09:53 AM
Sorry about that, I searched them both threads but couldn't find the specific answer. I thought nobody would answer if my question was far back in the thread.

I just found out there is a drive by wire issue if I go with the k20a's intake manifold and k20z3's harness.

It's all good anyways, I just got the ok from HAsport. They said I'll need rsx's harness/ecu

Old 05-31-2013, 04:52 AM
Banned
Your GD3 should come with a throttle cable stock so no problems with DBW which was only on the USDM models.

Old 06-05-2013, 11:18 AM
5 Year Member
if you have a z3 head you will need hasport manifold adaptor to use rsx manifold, the snail one. best one to use is rbc or rrc intake manifold for z3 head as it has the water port on the manifold, and you can trim more off the rad support to make these manifolds work, i am currently using a rrc in my fit