Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Weapon R Header Fitment On JDM FiT GE8

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 08:47 PM
Weapon R Header Fitment On JDM FiT GE8

I there...
I am sorry for asking too much regarding this Weapon R Header as this is my second thread on this forum...

So here is my question :

I own a JDM Honda FIT GE8 that was Assembled from Thailand.
As far as I know all the fitment and spec available from my car that was assembled in Thailand are the same with the FIT that was assembled in Japan.

Both are Right Hand Drive.
The only difference between Japan & Thailand Assemble Car are the quality in terms of interior touch.

So now I'm more expose to Weapon R header and I'm getting a Weapon R Header for my GE8.

The only problem now would it be plug and play without any modification to install the Weapon R Header into My JDM Spec Honda FIT GE8 ?

Thanks.
I would really appreciate every opinions and advice from you guys.
Thanks again.

-dantei136-

Old 03-04-2014, 10:04 PM
Im sure the fitment is the fitment is the same. Do you have a second O2 sensor like our USDM one?

I recommend avoiding WeaponR. I am appalled at the quality of my WeaponR header. Welds were not cleaned up, EGR flange was way off, etc...

I advise spending about double and getting one of the JDM offered headers. One of them is even a single piece rather then two piece design

Old 03-04-2014, 10:25 PM
5 Year Member
Does the Thai Fit have the EGR pipe? The JDM model doesn't and if yours as well doesn't, you will need to do something with that flange, make a cover or something.

The JDM model has the same catalyzer as the USDM model with the secondary 02 plug coming prior to the actual cat so no need for a defouler if swapping just the mid-pipe. It's when you remove the primary catalyzer that hangs right off the head that you have to worry about throwing codes, getting defoulers or having your ECU flashed to ignore the code thrown.

Old 03-04-2014, 10:32 PM
the weaponR pieces dont match OEM, you cannot kill one cat or the other. its either oem or full weaponR cat deletes.