Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Honda FIT A/T WITH WEAPON R HEADER

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 09:35 PM
Honda FIT A/T WITH WEAPON R HEADER

Hi there.
Im dantei136 from Malaysia
I just signed up few minutes ago but yet I already read this forum lately before I signup...

I drive a Honda Fit GE8 with Auto Transmission.
I use the car as my daily drive car and most of the time I drive the car with paddle shift by using 'S' mode instead of 'D' mode.

Yesterday I just made an order of M7 TITAN SPORT AXLE BACK EXHAUST from Japan.
Now I am thinking to make an order of Weapon R Header for MY GE8.

The question is...would it be OK if I use the Weapon R Header on GE8 since it have an Auto Gearbox with Paddle Shift instead of Manual Gearbox ???

I know that i would be at least a gain from the Weapon R Header but will I'll be lose some of Low End Torque since both 2 Catcon on the stock header will be missing on the Weapon R Header ?

Thanks I would appreciate any opinions and advices from you guys...
Thanks...

Old 03-01-2014, 11:18 PM
5 Year Member
I have the WR header, OEM b-pipe and the Apexi axle back; and I love the responds. It's loud, I hate the noise. Or maybe I'm getting old.

Using a header on a AT is fine, why do you think you would run into an issue? You won't lose torque, you will gain torque.

Where did you purchase the M7 cat back? (please post link)

I hate to be "that guys", but there have been a lot of threads on thie WR Header:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...er-review.html

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...-feedback.html

Old 03-02-2014, 02:26 PM
check those helpful links that De36 posted.. its a big help on your decision making. now i'm enjoying my WR header and it's really worth it price and performance wise.

Old 03-02-2014, 09:25 PM
I also have the WeaponR header

Apart from the terrible EGR flange/pipe and the fact they did not do any sort of welding cleanup, it gives the car some much needed response.

prepare for buzzing around 2k rpms and 3k rpms

I had a stock midpipe and a straightpipe axle back and I immediately took the straightpipe off and put the stock muffler back on.

Having no cats means you will need to invest in a good resonator or glasspack to replace the factory resonator

Old 03-04-2014, 07:24 AM
Hi there thanks for your feedback...
I've read all those review you gave before I made this thread...
This is just for confirmation on a A/T car as I've told by many that an A/T car with slightly big in diameter of Header would suffer on Low End Torque...
So since you've experienced Weapon R Header for GE8 Auto without any those problem...I get greater confident to get the Weapon R Header...

Here is the M7 Axle Back Exhaust : M7 Full Automotive Products Range

-Im waiting it to be arrived this Thursday..

Now the main problem is...Would I get it install 'PLUG & PLAY' without any modification on the header as MY GE8 is a JDM version...???
It was manufactured from Thailand but as far as I know...Most Thailand Assembled Car are quite same spec as what you get from JAPAN Assembled Car only different is the quality being use on the car...