Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

KWSC why can't they make more

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 08:55 PM
KWSC why can't they make more

Something that has been bothering me lately, and likely others, is for some of us that got into the GD3 game a little to late no longer have any brand new FI kit options. Personally I may look into building a custom high quality, high reliability turbo option but I would prefer to go with the KWSC.

Now I do understand that the actual true 'demand' for these companies to put any of these kits back into production truly is not there. But in my personal opinion I think they should at least have the availability of a custom order that takes months to produce and finally ship the same product they were able to produce not too many years ago. I would love if Kraftwerks allowed me to purchase the old low boost kit. Honestly, it would make my year. Currently looking up at the top right corner of my screen and seeing the Kraftwerks ad is just adding to my frustrations haha.

But such is life and I have to deal with it ha. Anyone have any input pro or con about this? Anyone wanting to vent about our lack there of more 'simple' than custom options lol?

Old 06-20-2014, 09:15 PM
5 Year Member
The KWSC kits were awesome. Jackson will make you a kit I heard if you call them. My local shop will get me a kit if I'm willing to commit. I'm almost there. Gonna finish this year racing in STF and maybe a little bit next year before going boost.

Old 06-20-2014, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by Rollerboots666
The KWSC kits were awesome. Jackson will make you a kit I heard if you call them. My local shop will get me a kit if I'm willing to commit. I'm almost there. Gonna finish this year racing in STF and maybe a little bit next year before going boost.
Interesting. Thanks for that little bit of potential hope, it's better than none at all. I'll have to look into that.

I just want a little bit more power. I love my gd3, it has low kms, need to install my FG2 Si seats and a bit of umph under the hood and I'd be extremely happy. Right now it's the slowest car I have ever owned and it bothers me.

Old 06-20-2014, 09:44 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
realistically its due to the market being so small. Greddy, T1R, HKS, and Jackson all pulled their forced induction kits due to the lack of market.

It is cheaper to piece together your own kit as long as you know a fabricator to make the manifold and intercooler piping.

FYI the 1995 nissan 300zx twin turbo has a turbo identical to the one found on the Greddy kit.

Old 06-20-2014, 10:05 PM
I agree with you about the extremely small realistic market for sales. I have looked decently into piecing together my own kit also. The one part I become hung up on is a manifold that won't crack. I'm willing to spend good money building this to have an extremely reliable setup, not looking to set any records here.

I have purchased an L15 exhaust manifold flange, in case the only option becomes having a custom manifold built.

Old 06-20-2014, 11:54 PM
KraftWerks had one high boost kit left a year ago. I almost jumped on it but by then my Fit had about 97000miles/156100kms on it. Too many for me to want to try to put significantly more power through it. Have you tried calling/searching online for one? I know that some companies still had some laying around though KW discontinued manufacturing them.

Old 06-21-2014, 12:06 AM
Originally Posted by DWils
KraftWerks had one high boost kit left a year ago. I almost jumped on it but by then my Fit had about 97000miles/156100kms on it. Too many for me to want to try to put significantly more power through it. Have you tried calling/searching online for one? I know that some companies still had some laying around though KW discontinued manufacturing them.
I almost jumped on that one as well. The only reason I didn't was because Kraftwerks told me the high boost kit would not work on the AT. I unfortunately have an AT sport. In hindsight I should have just bought it as it sounds like a few people have been successful running it. I have tried a few companies but haven't had any success so far.

Old 06-21-2014, 12:19 AM
5 Year Member
I've seen a few KWSC low boost kits on some sites. Not sure what their inventory actually is. I want the high boost kit dammit haha.

Old 06-21-2014, 12:59 AM
The high boost kit, from my limited understanding (which is another reason why I didn't jump on it - because I have no idea what I'm doing), is merely the normal kit plus some extra parts. You have to install the normal kit first then add on (and undo some of the things you just did) the high boost kit. The normal boost kit should be compatible with the automatic transmissions. I think it was just the high boost that wasn't.

Old 06-21-2014, 01:01 AM
5 Year Member
Boy do I ever hear you on seeing that add in the top right corner. I just became a dad so I sold my Jackson racing supercharged Crx and bought my 08 Sport 3 months ago. By the way I supercharged the Crx when it had 232k miles. It loved 7psi and got me better gas
Mileage than stock. I am dying to have boost of some kind again. I prefer the supercharger over turbo but will do both. Almost pulled the trigger on that turbo kit kit for sale but just can't spend that money right now since I'm recooping from the expensive if buying the gd3. May try calling around for the supercharge kit tho(high or low boost). If someone find one let us know... We'll start fighting over it... Haha.

Old 06-21-2014, 07:01 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
I built a turbo manifold out of schedule 40 1.5" stainless so that it absolutely won't crack.

Old 06-21-2014, 08:45 PM
KraftWerks Fit Supercharger Kit - AT KW-888-115 - King Motorsports Unlimited, Inc.

If you have the money it is worth the call. I bet if you get the base kit and call Kraftworks they can help get you a little more out of it.

Old 06-21-2014, 10:37 PM
******* you, 2poler! It has been a while since I have looked into the supercharger kit. I thought it was way more expensive than that, but $3100 (including shipping) isn't all that bad. I'm already at 115whp which is about what the turbo guys were making and I'm still naturally aspirated. If I could get up to 140+whp I'd be happy.

Old 06-22-2014, 12:04 AM
With flashpro and the Kraftworks (high boost kit) you should be +140

Last edited by 2poler; 06-22-2014 at 12:18 AM.
Old 06-22-2014, 02:21 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DWils
******* you, 2poler! It has been a while since I have looked into the supercharger kit. I thought it was way more expensive than that, but $3100 (including shipping) isn't all that bad. I'm already at 115whp which is about what the turbo guys were making and I'm still naturally aspirated. If I could get up to 140+whp I'd be happy.
DWils did you ever post your dyno sheet on the forum? 115whp is very impressive for the mods. You're using Hondata too correct?

Old 06-22-2014, 02:56 AM
5 Year Member
Sorry to be a bringer of bad news but that kingsmotorsport doesn't actually have it in stock. Last time I called them which was a few months ago they said that they didn't have it at all because production was stopped. Someone picked up the last kit on here from a site as well.

For the part of high boost not working on AT, that's a lie because Kraftwerks made an AT high boost kit, but there are only a few small changes that help it work.

IMO, the EASIEST way would be call kraftwerks themselves and check but again I called them as well and production was stopped. Sometimes I think it's better to do custom piping and weld it together and just get the rotrex which is easier.

About all bolt-on plus proper cooling, this guy I talked to about the build I have written down said. It will get 150+ with dyno-tuning of course

Old 06-22-2014, 02:42 PM
Originally Posted by Rollerboots666
DWils did you ever post your dyno sheet on the forum? 115whp is very impressive for the mods. You're using Hondata too correct?
Yes, it was one of my first posts when I started becoming more active on this forum. Thanks! And yes, Vit Viper tuned it via my use of FlashPro. I think my post in the Dyno Sheet thread and my signature (which doesn't show up when I post on the mobile version) has all my performance upgrades.

Old 06-23-2014, 09:37 PM
I'm actually very interested in getting my hands on a High Boost Krafrwerks Supercharger kit for my M/T. Not too long ago my FIT was boosted (turbo) doing 217whp @10 psi on a custom built kit. However, I had so many issues, especially space issues on the exhaust manifold area.

I took it all off and was going to give the FIT to my wife, but instead I bought her another car with a CVT (She hates M/T). Sooooo, since my car still owes 26 payments, I decided to keep it and re-boost it. I was hoping Kraftwerks would make these kits if custom ordered, but I guess I was wrong. What a letdown.

Maybe with enough interest they might bring it back custom ordered?

Last edited by Hannyah; 06-23-2014 at 11:06 PM.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:37 AM
Yea I sent Kings an email last week and received the same answer. Drives me nuts how more than a few shops still display FI kits for the GD3 as available on their websites. Like what a tease.

Went for a ride in my buddies 485 whp eg last night. Got my boost giggles going again. I really want to get this figured out soon.

Sent an email to Jackson, still awaiting a response.

Old 07-20-2014, 09:01 PM
5 Year Member
I lucked out and found one used on ebay for super cheap. I rolled the dice and scored big time. Only one bracket was missing that I got from KW when getting traction oil. You may be able to get the 2-3 machined brackets, cobra head for rotrex from KW. If you pipe it like the high boost setup it is just mainly straight pipes with rubber turns and clamps. Buy a Rotrex kit with cooler, reservoir and an 85-95mm pulley. That is pretty much it. You could also ask some of the High Boost folks for the original pipe that was replaced when going HB. Might find one for a few bucks. It would take some work, but could save $$ in the end with your own invention. Download the install manuals for the standard and high boost setups and you will get and idea of what you will need. You could make out better as my boost gauge before the IC hits 15psi, and 12psi after the IC. The IC is kinda a choke point for air, but was never meant for over 10psi... I never had the original pipe, but wish I did to do testing with it and water meth injection. I also am using a Flash Pro on a AT and I will end up breaking the engine before the tranny. The tranny is still going strong.

Quick Reply: KWSC why can't they make more