Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

KWSC why can't they make more

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 10:30 AM
5 Year Member
If they stopped making these, why does this website seem like you can order them?
Kraftwerk Supercharger

Old 09-01-2014, 12:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
If they stopped making these, why does this website seem like you can order them?
Kraftwerk Supercharger
This is the base kit which some shops have in stock. Old inventory can sit around for a bit. Some shops just have the hi-boost kit available. Piece it together if you want an make that fit haul some ass.

Old 09-10-2014, 12:23 PM
5 Year Member
There is so much misinformation in this thread... from someone who's had the Kraftwerks kit on my car since the first year it came out and 55,000 on it let me give you some things to think about.

Maintenance! I'm at the mileage where I have to change the belt/filters/oil/lines on the kit. For those that don't know, the Jackson's split from Kraftwerks and reopened Jakson Racing. When they split I think the development they did on kits was to stop being used by Kraftwerks. If you think about it they spent a ton of money to develop the kit so getting brackets made, even in small quantities (5 or so) isn't a big deal. Besides the special brackets and piping the parts used for the kit are, for the most part universal to other kits they sell. What sucks for those that have the kit is like you said they no longer make all the stuff so if a bracket breaks were screwed!

In tracking down the maintenance items I first contacted Jackson Racing because I met them first hand at Kraftwerks a couple times and talked with Oscar Sr at length, I felt his commitment to costumers was second to none, so I wanted to work with them. I could not get them to respond back for simple info on tracking parts down for the kit! I contacted Kraftwerks and they not only got back to me the same day but explained the split in more detail and that anything I needed they would do the best they could to get me whatever I needed!

I went up and picked up the air filter/rotrex oil/oil filter from them at the building, seems like there were changes to the company with people and other companies they are now partnered up with, support is there though!

For those of us who have the kit, we got screwed on the split as they were supposed to have a CARB legal certification for the 5PSI kit and when they dropped it they stopped getting that worked out, as well as if the brackets/piping were to need replacing it will now need to be sourced out to a shop. Most worrying for me is the special belt tensioner to source.

Now on the power output people are debating on here, The dyno for the high boost kit that Kraftwrerks had posted was 163.7hp, that was at the wheels and on the stock header, only had a cat back exhaust. There is much more to be had with an intake manifold/header.

The only thing keeping the boost between low/high in the kits sold was an inlet restrictor on the supercharger... with it in you were limited to 5PSI and with it out you would see 10PSI right before redline. Of course there was different charge piping, an intercooler, bigger injectors and the Hondata reflash to support the extra boost. For those trying to track down a kit but have an automatic, you can buy these restictors, just do a google search for"rotrex restrictor" Kraftwerks may still have these as well.

Name:  2014-09-10091108am_zps1103bfbe.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  66.5 KB