Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Mugen Exhaust Manifold

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 10:00 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wave
Looks like JHP USA now has it. Anyone try it on a USDM Fit yet?

http://www.jhpusa.com/catalog/produc...oducts_id=1740

just out of curiosity does anyone know what that small pipe is for in the last pic?

Old 09-26-2006, 10:04 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by leonine
just out of curiosity does anyone know what that small pipe is for in the last pic?
For spending $700+ dollars you get the bonus Mugen toilet paper roll holder!

Old 09-26-2006, 10:46 AM
5 Year Member
Talking

Originally Posted by Wave
For spending $700+ dollars you get the bonus Mugen toilet paper roll holder!
good one

Old 09-26-2006, 06:06 PM
5 Year Member
Spoke to King Motorsports today was told Mugen makes a few different Headers for the Fit and 1 does bolt straight up. Take it for what its worth.

Old 09-26-2006, 06:32 PM
5 Year Member
Then you are talking about bypassing the cat. Not interested. I'll spend the dough.
what i meant is the stock setup has the exhaust manifold, a secondary piping w/ cat, and catback

the o2 bungs are both on the secondary piping, 1 before the cat and 1 in the cat

Old 09-26-2006, 07:21 PM
5 Year Member
Not the USDM Fit, it has 1 on the exhaust header above the flange and one in the cat. Check this thread that shows the stock and aftermarket headers where I put the OBX SS Racing headers on mine. The US and as far as I know Canadian models are this way. The rest of the world has them where you're talking about.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/8180-obx-ss-racing-header-07-fit-1-5l.html

Old 09-26-2006, 07:25 PM
5 Year Member
Question Better question

That may not be a small pipe it kinda looks like insulating tape in a wide roll. But I would be more curious as to what the zip ties are for.

Old 09-27-2006, 01:57 AM
Originally Posted by Stevens24
Spoke to King Motorsports today was told Mugen makes a few different Headers for the Fit and 1 does bolt straight up. Take it for what its worth.
It's actually a good price (in Mugen terms) for the header, but until someone at JHP or otherwise actually confirms with pics that it works with our cars, I'm not buying it.

Old 09-28-2006, 04:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2hot6ft2
Not the USDM Fit, it has 1 on the exhaust header above the flange and one in the cat. Check this thread that shows the stock and aftermarket headers where I put the OBX SS Racing headers on mine. The US and as far as I know Canadian models are this way. The rest of the world has them where you're talking about.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8180
oh yeah, good call man, i'm sorry, i followed the wire to the exhaust manifold today and i found it does go to the manifold itself

pretty soon, we're going to produce a header that is just like the factory style, o2 bung on the manifold itself, and it'll be way cheaper than mugen and it'll gaurantee fitment and power gain, unlike obx which tend to fit sometimes...

Old 09-28-2006, 05:03 PM
5 Year Member
Glad to help. I'm sure that there will be a lot of people interested in them when you get them ready.

The OBX fit they just made the same mistake in assuming that the USDM Fit would be the same as the Jazz is in the rest of the world and that the sensors would be in the same places.

Old 09-28-2006, 09:39 PM
5 Year Member
JDM GD3 Fits actually have two types of headers now -- '05 and prior has one like the Mugen shown at the thread start, and the '06's are like ours, which means that if any JDM parts co's make a header for the '06 JDM Fit, it may fit our cars no problem. One of my Japanese Fit buddy's stumbled on this a few months ago. Here's his blog entry about it w/ pics if you're curious. Japanese only, but the pics are self-explanatory.

http://plaza.rakuten.co.jp/konpactca.../200607010000/

Old 09-28-2006, 10:06 PM
5 Year Member
I thought the one shown is for the 06 on. It has the o2 bung.

Old 09-29-2006, 03:58 AM
5 Year Member
I thought the one shown is for the 06 on. It has the o2 bung.
It may have the bung, but the design is different -- the '06 JDM OEM seems to be the same as ours, having a short section of straight pipe before the flange.

'06 DBA-GD3

The one JHP pictures looks like the manifold for the JDM Airwave, which also uses the L15.

I would be very leary about buying it from them. I don't think it's gonna fit at all.

Old 10-17-2006, 02:54 PM
Hi Folks - I can confirm that the Mugen header does indeed fit the US Model cars. We installed one on our 2007. It does have provisions for the O2 sensor.

Old 10-17-2006, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by Yuf
I wouldn't trust any website until I've gotten actual confirmation that it fits. Can't even trust King Motorsports. They state that the Mugen Sport Suspension fits, but no where does it mention that modification needs to be done to make it fit!
Why can't you trust us?

The Mugen Sport Suspension does indeed fit if you buy it from us. We modfiy them once they arrive from Japan to fit the USDM cars. There are several products like this, where Mugen does not make an application specifically for the US cars and we have to modify them. If it were not for our efforts none of these parts could be fit on your car.

Not to be a jerk, but in the future please make sure you get all your facts straight before throwing us under the bus.

Clayton @ King

Old 10-17-2006, 03:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Kingclayton
Hi Folks - I can confirm that the Mugen header does indeed fit the US Model cars. We installed one on our 2007. It does have provisions for the O2 sensor.
PLEASE post some pics

Old 10-17-2006, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by Kingclayton
Not to be a jerk, but in the future please make sure you get all your facts straight before throwing us under the bus.

Clayton @ King
Nah, it's ok. You can be a jerk to me as obviously I was out of line with my original comment.

I did email King after the list of available parts was posted on the website, but I never received a reply. If I had known that you guys had widened the bolt holes prior to selling them, I'd definately bought from you as it was a b!tch of a job doing it!

Old 10-17-2006, 09:31 PM
SO I have to ask...regardless of fitment to the USDM cars, just how much power do people expect to make w/ a Mugen (or Megan, or any other brand) header? I can see spending up to $200 for a header, but $700 for a single header? Crazy.

Old 10-18-2006, 09:05 AM
Originally Posted by Yuf
Nah, it's ok. You can be a jerk to me as obviously I was out of line with my original comment.

I did email King after the list of available parts was posted on the website, but I never received a reply. If I had known that you guys had widened the bolt holes prior to selling them, I'd definately bought from you as it was a b!tch of a job doing it!
No big deal. I'm sorry nobody replied to your email. If you guys/gals have questions in the future please feel free to email me directly at clayton@kingmotorsports.com

Old 10-18-2006, 10:02 AM
5 Year Member
How bout those pics?

Quick Reply: Mugen Exhaust Manifold