Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

HKS TURBO KIT: Help with coolant vacuum and lines?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2015, 05:36 PM
Question HKS TURBO KIT: Help with coolant vacuum and lines?

Hi FF's! I'm currently installing this kit on my car and I have a couple questions about how the coolant lines are run to and from, and also the vacuum line for the blow off valve. Can anyone please tell or post pics of how it is set up? The HKS PDF installation manual is pretty horrible quality not to mention unclear and pixelated pictures.

Also I bought and HKS EVC 6 boost controller and it has a built in boost gauge, can you please also tell me where I tee into for the boost reading?

Lastly I also purchased an oil catch can, would one line be run from the pcv (which is also connected the the oil drain pipe for this kit?) And the other line connected to where? Can't seem to find the opening on the manifold?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Last edited by eightsixlife; 10-23-2015 at 05:46 PM.
Old 11-02-2015, 12:38 PM
5 Year Member
Sorry I haven't been on this site is quite some time, but I'll see if I can still help.

For the coolant lines, at least for me, I tapped into one of the lines leaving the throttle body, and plumbed I believe to the side of the turbo near the firewall and ran the return line to where the coolant would have originally gone to from the throttle body.

For the blow off valve, I teed into the vacuum line coming off the back of the intake manifold with a reducing Tee since it's going from a bigger hose to a smaller one. For me, I also teed into the smaller hose and split off for my vac/boost gauge. IF you want to keep it clean, maybe opt for a vacuum block.

Usually for the boost controller, you want to connect it to the turbo itself, so you have that between the turbo and the waste gate actuator. I'm not sure how your boost controller works though :-/

and finally for the catch can, you can have one line go to the nipple on the intake, then the other side goes to a T that connects to the PVC on the front right of the valve cover and oil breather line.

ehh i hope that helps a bit