Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Ktuner V2 Custom Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2018, 11:44 AM
5 Year Member
Ktuner V2 Custom Tuning

I am wanting to build my own tune since I have added the RV6 downpipe. I have been watching various data points while driving and hitting WOT. AFR stays above 12 on all pulls. TPS and TPS.C go to 113 and 100 respectively. I have not logged any runs, and I guess now what I need to do is find a secluded road, in Mexico, as I would never violate any speed laws in the US nor endanger people, where I can see no traffic and do a 4th gear pull from 3000 to redline.

1) Does the fit already have a wideband O2 sensor stock from the factory?
2) If not, does anyone have a suggestion for a good wideband O2 sensor?
3) If I need one, it goes in the upstream location right (like 99.9% sure on this one due to open loop being a known thing)?
4) Has anybody modded a Ktuner tune for their GK fit?

Cheers, d

Old 10-26-2018, 12:06 PM
5 Year Member
subscribed, ready to join you on this mission

-since your afr on the ktuner displays 12.0, we can safely assume.... there is a stock wideband?
-does the rv6 have a bung for an after market o2 sensor?
-from experience on my past cars (wrx's and stuff), the location for the wideband o2 sensor is on the dp, directly behind the turbo .... should be the same for our gk5's?
-dying to know the answer to your last question .... as there appears to be a lack of tuners/e tuners for our cars .... the ability for us to share maps would be damn handy

Side note .... do you have any tuners in vegas, that can tune a ktuner? IIRC, Shawn Church does business out there.... occasionally?

Old 10-26-2018, 12:28 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, the fact that it can display a ratio for AFR makes me think it's a wideband O2 sensor. But I used to monitor an orange wire in the kick panel of my Talon and it would read a voltage between .8 (lean) and .99 (rich) and that car was definitely not a wideband. I would think WBO2s would come only on very high end cars, as I've never heard of one coming in a stock car, but with all the DI and other improvements lately, maybe, who knows???
Agree for location regarding post-turbo, and yes, on the RV6 there is an O2 sensor on the "back of the Cobra head" LOL. There are two O2 sensors on the stock downpipe, and two on the RV6. Both are upstream of the cat on the RV6 which I thought was weird...
I know tuners that can tune, but I think you have to be a Ktuner "dealer" to legally use their software for profit. I emailed ktuner directly since they're just around the corner in PHX, but he said he didn't have the time right meow...
Shawn Church, who dat?

Old 10-26-2018, 12:53 PM
5 Year Member
I'm 99% sure, he does ktuner. I took my sti and wrx to him, and plan to do the same with my gk5.

Church Automotive Tuning |
https://www.yelp.com/biz/church-auto...ing-wilmington
https://www.facebook.com/Church-Auto...5177742507857/

https://www.complex.com/sports/2013/...motive-testing

My orig yelp review for him in 2013. 5 yrs later, motor is STILL going strong.... he does good work:

Old 10-26-2018, 01:03 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah looks like he is in Wilmington, I lived in San Pedro for 5 years. I know some great engine builders down there. Kohl, the owner of American Heritage Performance spec'd the Heads/Cam package on my Z06, ported the heads, throttle body, intake manifold. Such a sleeper if there is such a thing for a C6Z. 560 to the wheels on a mustang dyno. Man I miss those days (when I'm not buying them 345 wide tires)...

Old 11-02-2018, 12:30 AM
5 Year Member
SpeedFactory tuned my GK5. Specifically, I needed my maf sensor recalibrated since I was using a 2014 Honda Civic Maf sensor housing (It was bigger). Once they had it calibrated and running perfectly for around town, air/fuel ratios were changed as well as ignition timing during wide open throttle. Worked like charm. We started getting into cam angles but things trailed off.

Ktuner did the initially base tunes for my vehicle before making it available for the Fit community. Air/fuel ratios, ignition timing as well as cam angles were all adjusted learning what worked and what didn't. Overall, your best bet is to have the air/fuel ratio and ignition timing adjusted for wide open throttle and running on higher octane fuel (for more aggressive ignition advance).

ALL of my recorded Torque Pro video runs (Over 200 street, 50-60 on the track), logged testing files, etc were on an old computer drive that stopped working and is lost. Unless I find a way to retrieve it.

So call Speedfactory and see what they have to say.

Old 11-02-2018, 01:03 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the info Myx! I love the direction you took with your car. Do you think it was the specific grind that did not lend itself to HP gains? Did you tune after the cams? I would think with cams, under drive pulley, ported intake, TB, full exhaust (and a ported, polished, 5*valve job head), this engine could near 200 crank hp. Not sure where you think the weak link is, but interested in hearing more.
Met a dude who knows all the Las Vegas import tuners, so maybe I will meet with one here in the next coupla weeks. If that doesn't bear fruit, I'll look out of town (aka Speed factory). I called Ktuner and asked them for a custom tune, they're slammed right meow...
Cheers, d

Old 11-02-2018, 01:47 PM
5 Year Member
I don't believe Myx was trying aftermarket camshafts. I think his tuner was just messing with the cam position sensor data to see what they could achieve.

I'm sure Myx will chime in with more details.

Old 11-03-2018, 01:47 AM
5 Year Member
His build thread said he had custom ground cam shafts and my take was they underperformed?

Old 11-03-2018, 11:43 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Z062FIT
His build thread said he had custom ground cam shafts and my take was they underperformed?
Oh! I missed that. Thanks!

I just finished putting a camshaft in my GD. We'll see how it does. Won't mean much to you with a GK, but should be interesting.

Old 11-04-2018, 05:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Z062FIT
Thanks for the info Myx! I love the direction you took with your car. Do you think it was the specific grind that did not lend itself to HP gains? Did you tune after the cams? I would think with cams, under drive pulley, ported intake, TB, full exhaust (and a ported, polished, 5*valve job head), this engine could near 200 crank hp. Not sure where you think the weak link is, but interested in hearing more.
Met a dude who knows all the Las Vegas import tuners, so maybe I will meet with one here in the next coupla weeks. If that doesn't bear fruit, I'll look out of town (aka Speed factory). I called Ktuner and asked them for a custom tune, they're slammed right meow...
Cheers, d
Sorry for the late reply. Since I had a CVT transmission, the CVT determined how high it would allow the engine to rev. In my case, the stock hp peak was great for the stock cams but the Delta cam grind moved the powerband up. The CVT won't allow the engine to rev higher to take advantage of the power the Delta cam grind allows. Manual transmission people could take advantage of it because they simply can shift their GK5 at a higher rpm.

I talked to Ktuner to see if they wanted to dabble in the CVT ECU realm and see if the rpm band could be raised with the transmission ECU but that's not something they are ready to do at this time. Ktuner did raise the rpm band in the ECU but the CVT still prevented the engine to rev higher. The good news was that I didn't seem to lose any hp/tq down low.

Another thing too is that as irony would have it, the month I had my cam grind done, Honda had an ECU 'upgrade' that reduced the aggressiveness of the CVT. My ECU/TCU was reflashed and my 1/4 mile times got slightly slower, then I had the cams installed and my 1/4 mile times got slightly better. Someone would have to do a before and after cam grind test to see what the true power increase would be. I honestly think before the Honda ecu reflash, I was on the verge of a 15.0-15.1 run at minimum, had I gotten the cams installed in time.

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 11-04-2018 at 05:48 PM.
Old 11-05-2018, 10:03 AM
5 Year Member
CVT vs M6

Glad to hear there's still a chance for the M6! I'm still optimistic I can hit 200 crank hp someday. Cheers!

Old 03-15-2020, 04:33 PM
5 Year Member
So what is the max whp the cvt could handle before the belt would come apart?

Old 06-27-2020, 11:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SLIPNFIT
So what is the max whp the cvt could handle before the belt would come apart?
I've heard you shouldn't pass 160 whp with the CVT. Also I've heard torque and heat are what kill the cvt the fastest.

Old 01-03-2023, 08:19 AM
Originally Posted by GAFIT
Oh! I missed that. Thanks!

I just finished putting a camshaft in my GD. We'll see how it does. Won't mean much to you with a GK, but should be interesting.
hey dude, is there any way i can get MAP fueling table for 1.5 FIT?

Its a 20 x 10 cells table

Old 01-03-2023, 09:50 AM
Originally Posted by SLIPNFIT
I've heard you shouldn't pass 160 whp with the CVT. Also I've heard torque and heat are what kill the cvt the fastest.
The Fit has 130hp stock. You not blowing up the trans by adding another 30hp. That is for sure.

The Honda CVT should be able to handle 260-275hp before it starts having issues with belt slip or belt breakdown.