Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Discussions about about exterior modifications, body-work, body-kits and JDM body styling

Review & Installation-Hood Air Deflector from Canada

Old 05-31-2007, 11:51 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Fitn in
Have you driven in the rain with it yet? Wondering if it would lessen the need for the wipers.......
I have not done any rain driving with this, but in over 20 years of experience with other brands of "bug shields" on other cars/trucks, the deflectors don't keep rain off the windshield and lessen the need for wipers maybe just a little. However, poorly designed deflectors can make the wipers float, chatter, and streak in the rain (very early models of 20 years ago).

The dealer who sold me the Honda deflector said that the first deflectors sold by Honda for the Element made the wipers almost useless, and vibrated the side mirrors, so they quit making/selling it. There is a new one for the Element now that works fine.

Old 06-26-2007, 03:18 PM
5 Year Member
Hood deflector for 2007 Fit?

I have been searching high and low for one of these, my hood is getting dinged up and I dont want to put on a 'bra' for fear of more paint damage. I hope I found a source, I emailed them today at Info@egrusa.com . I wonder if more people ask them about the deflectors (if they dont have them already), would they consider making them if enough of us inquire?

Old 06-26-2007, 03:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by wrkoutgrl1
I have been searching high and low for one of these, my hood is getting dinged up and I dont want to put on a 'bra' for fear of more paint damage. I hope I found a source, I emailed them today at Info@egrusa.com . I wonder if more people ask them about the deflectors (if they dont have them already), would they consider making them if enough of us inquire?
There was a post on this forum from an individual that got a hood deflector from a canadian Honda dealership. There was a part number that was included in the post. This might be better for you than what you are looking at.

Originally Posted by lamyun
Hi guys, I just purchased a hood deflector from the dealer and installed it myself. Took around 20mins, and most of that time was spent lining up the bumpons. I opted for this because if a sharp rock was to fly towards the hood, I do not believe a clear bra could protect as well as a deflector. Plus, I think it looks pretty cool. Here are the pics, enjoy!

Originally Posted by lamyun
Here's the info you guys wanted I believe all dealers in Canada would stock this. Not sure why the States wouldn't have this.

AIR DEFLECTOR
2007 - FIT
08P47-SLN-310
Well, now I look retarded since the threads have been merged. So disregard my text since it is now described in full on the first post.

Last edited by osborne; 06-27-2007 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Clarification
Old 06-26-2007, 09:15 PM
5 Year Member
I'm not worried about a little rubbing from a vinyl bra,,,I have had one on my 04 Camry from day one. Only a slight rub on the clear coat and after a friene told me to keep UN-rubbed wax on it no more damage. Even if it did rub a little it's in a place where you don't see it and it's WAY better than the damage you get from a rock (a rub don't rust). It takes work to keep it nice, must claean and keep the dirt out from between the bra and paint,,,but like I said ,,for me it worth the time and effort,,,I'll take a rub over a chip ANYTIME

Old 06-26-2007, 10:06 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Here is the Honda Canada Deflector FYI

Old 07-25-2007, 09:26 PM
5 Year Member
Any opinion on how it might fare in the automated car wash? Do you think the automated brushes can damage it or remove it during the wash?

Old 07-25-2007, 09:50 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by t-bone
Any opinion on how it might fare in the automated car wash? Do you think the automated brushes can damage it or remove it during the wash?
I do not believe that the deflector should be in any more danger than your mirrors or any other feature of your car. However, I don't trust the cleaning of MY car to machines or minimum-wage employees.

Old 07-26-2007, 03:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by manxman

One other point. This Deflector is open, not closed at its front edge, so air flows both over and under it. American-made bug shields are usually closed at the bottom edge because that's where they curve under the edge of the hood for attachment. with some vehicles, this closed front design caused strange air currents at the windshield and causes the windshield washer stream to shoot over the roof, and makes the wiper blades chatter and float on the glass.

LMAOOOO when i read this part i was laughing my butt off. I could totally picture the windshield spray fly over the car lolllll.

Old 07-26-2007, 04:27 PM

I don't understand what people see in these things...ever heard of clear bra? much more tasteful...

Old 07-30-2007, 04:13 PM
I got in on the group buy for the OEM version, but does anyone have any experience with the one from EGR?

eBay Motors: HONDA FIT JAZZ STONE DEFLECTOR HOOD PROTECTOR EGR NEW (item 160130517280 end time Jul-22-07 11:30:16 PDT)
EGR Automotive North America

The one from EGR looks to be the same design as the OEM Honda version minus the logo. I'd prefer it without the logo. If the EGR mounts the same as the OEM without wrap around I think I'd rather have this one than having to de-badge the OEM version.

Last edited by jdmparts@gmail.com; 07-30-2007 at 04:15 PM. Reason: corrected url
Old 07-31-2007, 12:04 PM
5 Year Member
Hmm, I'm happy I got in on the GB but I would have loved an un-logo'ed deflector, too. We'll see what I can do w/ mine to get it off once I receive it.

I'd be interested in knowing about this one as well... if anybody has it.

Old 07-31-2007, 02:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Whitehybrid

I don't understand what people see in these things...ever heard of clear bra? much more tasteful...
$150 for deflector vs. $500 for clear bra. Hmmmm.... deflector FTW! Until I can afford a clear bra.

Old 08-17-2007, 09:41 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by viamede
Was there no tape that came with the package to put under the clips. When I put on my Toyota deflector it came with some 3M strips to put on the hood under the clips and thus, hopefully protect the hood from wearing. The Fit deflector seems to have about twice as many clips and they appear soft in your pictures. Is that the case? That may be why the tape is not needed but I would be inclined to put some strips under the clips if there is room.
That's strange. My friend just bought a 2007 Honda Civic and he ordered it with a hood deflector. I took a look at it and whereever there's clips that contact the paint, there's a clear tape between the paint and the clip.

Old 08-17-2007, 10:15 AM
Retired Moderator
Sounds like he has the aftermarket hood deflector. I'm pretty sure all of the factory ones come with soft contact clips whereas the aftermarket ones come with a harder, plastic clip. To prevent scratches, they usually provide that clear 3M film.

Old 08-17-2007, 11:26 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Illusive
Sounds like he has the aftermarket hood deflector. I'm pretty sure all of the factory ones come with soft contact clips whereas the aftermarket ones come with a harder, plastic clip. To prevent scratches, they usually provide that clear 3M film.
His is a Honda hood deflector. It's a pass thru design like the Honda OEM Fit hood deflector.

Old 08-19-2007, 04:21 PM
5 Year Member
I was thinking I'd like to wax the hood before I put this on, but I'm afraid that would affect the adhesive of the bump-ons. Thoughts?

Old 08-19-2007, 05:04 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by DagerOne
I was thinking I'd like to wax the hood before I put this on, but I'm afraid that would affect the adhesive of the bump-ons. Thoughts?
Alcohol under the bumpons, then bumpons, THEN WAX.

Old 08-19-2007, 05:35 PM
5 Year Member
Alcohol under the bumpons, then bumpons, THEN WAX.
Doh. That just makes too much sense. Clearly I need a nap.

Old 08-26-2007, 12:29 AM
A competitive deflector made by "Focus" is also sold in Canada and can be found at Shophonda365.com - Canada's online source for all things Honda!

Thanks for the info! However, I visited the site you mentioned. Here is the link for the deflector:

Shophonda365.com - Canada's online source for all things Honda!

It states that it is a GENUINE HONDA PRODUCT. Is there a catch somewhere? I don't think it is the "Focus" brand that you mentioned. Can anyone clarify?

I am a new member. This forum is very informative. Impressive!

Old 09-23-2007, 12:50 AM
Guys! Apparently I've received the newer revision of the hood deflector from Honda, thus explains why the one I have only has four clips and 4 bumpons. I installed it last weekend. I will take a picture tomorrow (hopefully) and show it to you guys.

In my opinion, the installation is less complicated, there are no screws to play around with - just stick on the bumpons and push the deflector onto the edge of the hood! It took me all of 5 minutes including using alchol to clean the surface.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Review & Installation-Hood Air Deflector from Canada