Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Discussions about about exterior modifications, body-work, body-kits and JDM body styling

Mugen window visors. Real or fake...

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 04:15 PM
5 Year Member
Mugen window visors. Real or fake...

I stopped by a shop yesterday...I'm not gonna say the name of it on here and NO it WAS NOT AJ Racing *Those guys I DO highly reccomend* but I think this little shop I went to tried selling me some FAKE Mugen window visors. They looked alright but I heard the real Mugens have clips and not just tape that holds them on then the generic looking box with extremely bad engrish made me wonder a bit. The worst part was I had just stopped by a well known trusted shop and the price quote he gave me for the REAL Mugens was CHEAPER than what these guys we're tryin to sell me.

So what I'm wondering is what are some ways to tell the difference between the real and fake Mugen window visors? Clips, packaging, markings, etc...

I'm probably gonna stop by AJ Racing next weekend cause they were closed this weekend but I'm still undecided between the Mugens and JDM Honda's

Old 08-05-2007, 04:29 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
you have to manually apply the clips on the mugens if im not mistaken? anyways anywhere you can get it cheaper is better

Old 08-05-2007, 04:31 PM
Retired Moderator
Check where the "Mugen" etching is...the fake ones just have that recessed rectangle with nothing in it. The real ones have "Mugen" etched inside of that box. And yeah, the clips are attached afterwards, ask them to see the box that it came in and ask to see the clips etc. They should come in a nice package.

EDIT: Take a look here: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...gen-visor.html

Pay attention to t-bone's post on the first page. He shows pics of the visors as well as the case that all of the clips come in.

If you want to be sure, definitely go to AJ. And as for which one you want, it depends, do you want a sleek look or do you like the Mugen look? I preferred the sleek look and went with the Honda Access ones...

Last edited by Illusive; 08-05-2007 at 04:34 PM.
Old 08-05-2007, 05:00 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks. That helps ALOT. Those ones I found were definitly FAKE and the worst part was they were selling them for $160!!!! when you can buy em on ebay for like $40. Thae shop is literly only 3 blocks from my house and thats where I bought the exhaust system for my last car. I have never really been to happy with they're service but after that it was the LAST time I go there. I'll drive the 40 min to AJR or Garage five from now on.

I had my civic lowered at AJR and bought a few other little things there and they were excellent! Answered all my questons, had alot of knwledge about the products and have excellent mechanics.

Old 08-05-2007, 06:45 PM
Retired Moderator
Yeah even from Calgary, they are great on the phone and get my parts here in one to two days! They should really consider moving out to Calgary, it's where all the money is hehehe O&G FTW!!!

Old 08-05-2007, 06:58 PM
Banned
Whether you buy the genuine Mugen visors or the Honda Access, make sure that what you buy comes with the clips because clips are the only secure way to mount the visors. Depending upon the strength of tape alone would be very foolish. On the other hand, the fake ones won't stick on your car long enough to embarrass you.

Old 08-05-2007, 09:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by manxman
Whether you buy the genuine Mugen visors or the Honda Access, make sure that what you buy comes with the clips because clips are the only secure way to mount the visors. Depending upon the strength of tape alone would be very foolish. On the other hand, the fake ones won't stick on your car long enough to embarrass you.
haha yea I had just the "Vent Shade" brand on my civic and the tape started coming off after maybe 4 months. I wouldn't even wanna lower my standards to putting some fake shit on my car. but your right they probably would fall off before I got too many people laughing at them.

Old 08-05-2007, 09:22 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
Man I wanna put my jdm oem visors on so bad but the tint shop didn't do too good a job on my windows there is two BIG dust trapped on 2 windows, and I dont want my visors on till after the tint is okay otherwise they may interfere with them retinting.

the jdm ones have clip and tape i was told the real mugen ones do too.

Old 08-05-2007, 09:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by smatts
Man I wanna put my jdm oem visors on so bad but the tint shop didn't do too good a job on my windows there is two BIG dust trapped on 2 windows, and I dont want my visors on till after the tint is okay otherwise they may interfere with them retinting.

the jdm ones have clip and tape i was told the real mugen ones do too.
That sucks. When are ya bringin the car back to get the tint fixed? Where'd you pick up the visors? oh and what shop did you get your windows tinted at? I'm wonderin what it's gonna cost.

Old 08-05-2007, 10:57 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
i've used replica Mugen visors. They hold up fine. And the double sided tape holds fine, at least for me. On my suburban, the visors are held by 3M double sided tape a LONG time ago. Still holding up today.