Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Discussions about about exterior modifications, body-work, body-kits and JDM body styling

Car Wash Damage to OEM Hood Deflectors??

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 10:19 AM
Banned
Car Wash Damage to OEM Hood Deflectors??

To All Canadian and U.S. Owners of Honda OEM Hood Deflectors:

Simply for his own entertainment, one of our "members" has chosen to post lies about this excellent product. He claims that he has seen "a few" of these deflectors blow off Honda Fits in the air dryers of car washes. He even claims that his own deflector blew off. He has no proof of these claims.

In the interest of fairness, and to prevent damage to the sales of this accessory by one of our best vendors (and fitfreak sponsor), I am asking ANYONE who has experience with this deflector coming off the hood to post the details in this thread.

Moderator TOOL seems to want to believe the garbage that has been posted by member "G", and sees nothing wrong with the harm that this will cause to our vendor. When I asked "G" to provide any form of proof, TOOL locked the thread.

What I, (and I hope that other members) want IS THE TRUTH. If you have any experience to back up the claims made by "G", PLEASE let the rest of us know.

Thank you!

Old 03-17-2008, 12:49 PM
What proof do either of you have.How do you know he's lying.(JUST ASKING) .

Old 03-17-2008, 12:56 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
OEM hood deflectors wont blow off in the dryer unless not properly installed.

Old 03-17-2008, 01:55 PM
Banned
Chris Aguirre tells the truth- thanks. We are looking for anyone who has had their Honda hood deflector blow off, from any circumstances at all.

Old 03-17-2008, 02:27 PM
5 Year Member
that other thread was locked because of teh arguing/name calling. not because of the topic.

and i also disgree with "G"....they will not blow off if properly installed.

Old 03-17-2008, 02:31 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
OEM hood deflectors wont blow off in the dryer unless not properly installed.
"Fairness"? Lifes not Fair bud!

Particularly if you lie or cheat, bud!

Old 03-17-2008, 02:45 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by manxman
"Fairness"? Lifes not Fair bud!

Particularly if you lie or cheat, bud!
This wasnt to you manx, this is been in my sig for awhile now. Somehow i knew you would think it was too after reading the first post. But no worries it wasnt to you

Old 03-17-2008, 03:00 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by manxman

Moderator TOOL seems to want to believe the garbage that has been posted by member "G", and sees nothing wrong with the harm that this will cause to our vendor. When I asked "G" to provide any form of proof, TOOL locked the thread.

I locked the thread because you two were acting like 5 year olds, arguing over whos Pokemon card was better.
If "G" thinks they fly off in car washes, why does that anger you so much. It may happen, it may not. I do see how it is a possiblity though.
I do not think it will "harm" any vendors. It seems to me like a valid point about the product.

Tyler

Old 03-17-2008, 03:30 PM
5 Year Member
This was the original question that was posed on the other thread.

Originally Posted by ELsewhere
Has anyone with a hood deflector gone through an automated car wash? I'm wondering if it'll hold up to the final drying stage as most usually use a high pressure blower system to dry the car.
There should only be two answers: "Yes, it will hold up" or "No, it will not hold up." and then it should be followed by some solid data supporting it. One side of that conversation in the other thread provided some strong data supporting that the product would survive the blow dryer of a carwash. The other side of the coin has contributed nothing so far to support their claims.

Speculation does not provide any valid information is not an answer that should be welcomed anywhere on this forum. Just my .

Old 03-18-2008, 12:33 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by TOOL
I locked the thread because you two were acting like 5 year olds, arguing over whos Pokemon card was better.
If "G" thinks they fly off in car washes, why does that anger you so much. It may happen, it may not. I do see how it is a possiblity though.
I do not think it will "harm" any vendors. It seems to me like a valid point about the product.

Tyler
"G" stated that he has seen them come off, and that he had one come off his own car. If that is true, proof should be easy to provide. There would be damage to the car, and the deflector would be destroyed. He made up a story about an event that did not happen. If it had happened, the normal and proper thing to do would be to warn other members not to buy an accessory that was unreliable and could damage their cars. If he had ever owned one of these deflectors, he would not have made up such a ridiculous story about them. As Chris said, they cannot come off if they are properly installed. The fact is he lied, and the lie promotes an unreliable status for the accessory, and the unreliability harms sales. It is a "five year old"s behavior to lie to make yourself feel important. It is a responsible, adult thing to do to expose a lie that harms the reputation of a very good product and harms the livelihood of a good FF.net vendor and sponsor.

It is a shame that you support the lies of other little kids, and show no support to the people who help to keep FF.net operating with their sponsorship. Lying is OK with you. I doubt that the other mods agree with your attitude on things like this.

For one person in Chicago to have "seen a few" blow off and have one blow off his own car, and no one else in Canada or the rest of the U.S. has had this happen is a complete load of crap, but you go right ahead and believe it Tyler.

Last edited by manxman; 03-18-2008 at 12:48 AM.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:29 PM
Retired Moderator
Im not going to agrue with you, but you really think every single Fit owner in Canada and the US actually comes on this site and posts? Your wrong lol. A small mojority actually post on this site. Who knows, it could be a very rare occurance. Only happened to a Handful of people. And only one of those people is on this site.
Or maybe "G" is full of it..To be honest, i dont really car haha.

Tyler

Old 03-18-2008, 02:55 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TOOL

good one, TOOLS!

Old 03-18-2008, 03:13 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
I had a hood deflector installed on my fit for a few weeks, and it was the model with the 4 side clips as well. There is no way a car wash dryer would blow this thing off.

Old 03-18-2008, 03:16 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i run my car through the touchless during the winter time and those
washers are very high pressure.... this is one reason why i haven't
put on the side window visors.... i want a set but worried that the
carwash machines will break them off...

Old 03-18-2008, 04:14 PM
5 Year Member
I have gone through a car wash with my front hood deflector. I was very nervous but it survived the entire process.
From what I could see the deflector was flapping around a lot during the drying process but in the end it held up fine.
My previous car also had a front hood deflector which I left on during car washes and that also held up during the drying process.

Old 03-18-2008, 07:33 PM
5 Year Member
We have the Mugen VentVisors on the sides and go through touchfree's. They don't even flex or budge a bit. They're very HD.

Where can I find a hood deflector? We got our first ding/chip in the hood today...it's unbelievably delicate. None of my other cars have dings from the small rocks that kick up, but my 2 month old Fit already has one.

Oh, and I'll take my chances with the hood deflector. The one on my Explorer has probably seen 1,000 touchfree's and my Superduty probably saw 2,000 cause that thing was too big to wash by hand.

Old 03-18-2008, 07:35 PM
5 Year Member
my car was in the driveway, a gust of wind hit the deflector, and it literally ripped off the car.

Old 03-18-2008, 08:19 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by solbrothers
my car was in the driveway, a gust of wind hit the deflector, and it literally ripped off the car.
See! What "G" said must be true! Manxman, we have the proof you have been waiting for.

Tyler

Old 03-18-2008, 08:54 PM
Banned
And Matt is "lying" just for fun. He's very proud of his camera and camera skills- no friggin' way that something like this would happen to him. He has the skills to install properly, and would die before he would fail to post photos of the car damage, and damage to the deflector when it hit the street, and so on.

You obviously know this Tyler, but other members may not.

Thanks for your contribution Matt. What Tyler continues to be blind to is the fact that MANY Fit owners bought and installed these things as a direct result of 1. A few posts from Canadian members, 2. My purchase of a deflector from Canada, and my DIY install thread, 3. Illusive's Group Buy that sold about 20 deflectors to U.S. members, 4. My call to Angelo at Zeta products that convinced him to obtain a U.S. distributorship for the deflectors which took him three months to negotiate, which brought about the current sale price with free shipping that "solbrothers" took advantage of.

So, my illogical little buddy, there are probably at least 50 OEM deflector owners as a direct result of the posts on these forums. If a single one had had a problem with the deflector, he/she would have posted as a responsible warning to other members. No one has had a problem. Sure, there are 20000 other members around the world, most of whom do not post. SO WHAT???

"G" hands out donkey crap on a stick and calls it a Dove bar. You say wow, good ice cream can I have some more? The Canadian and American owners of these deflectors recognize donkey crap when we see it. For the benefit of new and inexperienced members, I feel it is necessary to expose outright lies when they are posted, and "G" can stick his crap back up where he got it. If it pisses some people off, TOO BAD. I don't post lies. I help people when I can. I don't argue engines with people like Getinafit because he knows Honda engines better that I do. I don't argue tech info. on stereo systems with InjunDon or Radareclipse. Even though I have installed at least 6 stereo systems, the industry changes by the day, and I would look to them for advice if I wanted to do this work today.

I am glad to be ONE CONTENTIOUS SUMBITCH. I can afford to be because I do know what I am talking about. Anyone who does not like it has my invitation to put me on their "IGNORE LIST".

I will be glad to wait for months to hear from anyone who has lost this deflector in a car wash, and will be even happier to wait for "G"s non-existent proof. If he can manufacture some, Oh, I will just be embarrassed to tears! I may faint dead away!

Last edited by manxman; 03-18-2008 at 09:05 PM.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:05 PM
5 Year Member
that was a joke.

the hood protector is VERY sturdy. i'd reccomend it to anyone.

Quick Reply: Car Wash Damage to OEM Hood Deflectors??