Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Discussions about about exterior modifications, body-work, body-kits and JDM body styling

Car Wash Damage to OEM Hood Deflectors??

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 09:07 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by GAFIT
We have the Mugen VentVisors on the sides and go through touchfree's. They don't even flex or budge a bit. They're very HD.

Where can I find a hood deflector? We got our first ding/chip in the hood today...it's unbelievably delicate. None of my other cars have dings from the small rocks that kick up, but my 2 month old Fit already has one.

Oh, and I'll take my chances with the hood deflector. The one on my Explorer has probably seen 1,000 touchfree's and my Superduty probably saw 2,000 cause that thing was too big to wash by hand.
GAFIT-
Order from Angelo at Zeta Products. I think that they are still on sale. Please install carefully and take it to your nearest car wash!

Old 03-18-2008, 09:09 PM
5 Year Member
yeah, the hood protector is AWESOME! can't beat OEM parts

Old 03-18-2008, 09:09 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by solbrothers
that was a joke.

the hood protector is VERY sturdy. i'd reccomend it to anyone.
Yep, I got it. but had to explain IN DETAIL to avoid any misconceptions by gullible people.

Old 03-18-2008, 09:11 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Dude, why are you worrying so much about this.

First off is that EVERYONE knows that people lie on the internet. Everyone who has the internet and is at all familiar with forums KNOWS to do their research before buying any product. One bad review doesn't mean much, but 25 does and 500 bad reviews means so much more!

Secondly, just because "G" doesn't have photographic proof doesn't mean a thing. I don't know if it did or if it didn't and to be honest I really could care less either way. Why the urge to "convince" people that he is wrong???

Finally, is this thread to find out if they stay on the car ok or to call people liars and try to pick a fight? It seems to me that it's the latter. What, 1 sentence about the topic of the thread and the rest of the initial post is telling people that they are dumb.

Seriously man... let it be! People are going to post what they want and believe what they want. Just because none of us have had our cars catch on fire doesn't mean that it's not impossible. Just because we know that the Earth is round doesn't mean that people believe(d) otherwise. People will always believe whatever they want to believe!!!

Old 03-18-2008, 09:15 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by Kelmar

First off is that EVERYONE knows that people lie on the internet. Everyone who has the internet and is at all familiar with forums KNOWS to do their research before buying any product. One bad review doesn't mean much, but 25 does and 500 bad reviews means so much more!

Secondly, just because "G" doesn't have photographic proof doesn't mean a thing. I don't know if it did or if it didn't and to be honest I really could care less either way. Why the urge to "convince" people that he is wrong???

Finally, is this thread to find out if they stay on the car ok or to call people liars and try to pick a fight? It seems to me that it's the latter. What, 1 sentence about the topic of the thread and the rest of the initial post is telling people that they are dumb.

Seriously man... let it be! People are going to post what they want and believe what they want. Just because none of us have had our cars catch on fire doesn't mean that it's not impossible. Just because we know that the Earth is round doesn't mean that people believe(d) otherwise. People will always believe whatever they want to believe!!!
I dont think i could word it any better!

Tyler

Old 03-18-2008, 11:00 PM
Banned

Sorry, I don't accept that ff.net is just a little boy's liars club and that nothing can be done about it.
When you condone it, you encourage it.

Old 03-18-2008, 11:10 PM
5 Year Member
the douchebaggery here is off the freakin chain!

dave, i understand what you are trying to do with this thread. if others can't see that. well, to hell with them :P

Old 03-18-2008, 11:25 PM
Retired Moderator
Hahah, you guys are crackin me up! "Little boy's liar Club", thats a good one.
That would be hillarious if both your guys things fall of and damage your car in a car wash. I mean not hillarious but ironic lol. I dont rule impossible, so go threw car washes at your own risk.

Tyler

Old 03-18-2008, 11:46 PM
5 Year Member
:sonic boom:

Old 03-19-2008, 12:35 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
and to clear any confusion up, I have the non-OEM "Perfect Fit" deflector seem in the photo below.... also not a chance in hell of it coming off in the auto car wash.

Old 03-19-2008, 03:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by manxman
GAFIT-
Order from Angelo at Zeta Products. I think that they are still on sale. Please install carefully and take it to your nearest car wash!
Done the first step and will do the other two

Old 03-19-2008, 07:38 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by manxman
Sorry, I don't accept that ff.net is just a little boy's liars club and that nothing can be done about it.
When you condone it, you encourage it.
Then leave? So your saying that you don't accept that a moderator who was chosen to do a job is living up to YOUR expectations???

Have you tried PM'ing the member(s) politely to try to resolve the issue?

As I said before, if the purpose was to find out about the hood deflectors then you should have left it at that in the original post. There was no need to call out members and insult people when it wasn't needed.

This really is one of those situations where less is more!

Old 03-20-2008, 12:33 AM
Banned
Then leave? So your saying that you don't accept that a moderator who was chosen to do a job is living up to YOUR expectations???

Have you tried PM'ing the member(s) politely to try to resolve the issue?

As I said before, if the purpose was to find out about the hood deflectors then you should have left it at that in the original post. There was no need to call out members and insult people when it wasn't needed.

This really is one of those situations where less is more!
People who lie are liars. I will call them as and when I see them. You don't have to like it.

Old 03-20-2008, 01:58 AM
5 Year Member
this is a thread claymore would start
(runs and hides)

Old 03-20-2008, 03:48 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by SPON FIT
this is a thread claymore would start
(runs and hides)

Bite me.... That's because Manxman and I speak ADULT and the kiddies don't understand.

Old 03-20-2008, 11:08 AM
Banned
As I have posted elsewhere, claymore is my evil twin brother. As TOOL has posted, I am more "polite" than claymore.

This thread asked only Canadian and American owners of OEM hood deflectors to either support, or refute, "G"s claims that they blow off in car washes. What we have so far is 5 people with Fits and hood deflectors, or Fit dealers with hood deflector experience, who state that they have had zero issues with car wash damage, and that such damage is not possible. We also have another member who said that his deflector "flapped around" in a car wash, which means that he is either talking about a different car with a different deflector, or his OEM deflector on his Fit is not installed properly. Properly installed deflectors on Fits CANNOT "flap around".

All other comments from people who do not own OEM deflectors have nothing to do with the question asked in this thread, but NO ONE is enforcing the "stay on topic" "rule".

Old 03-20-2008, 11:13 AM
Retired Moderator
Posts number 32-35 were ALL off topic.
At this point this thread is pretty much usless, manxman you got to proof that your "right" again. So you go what you wanted. Any more off topic posts and im locking it.

Tyler

Old 03-20-2008, 11:17 AM
Banned
Correction-
The last SIX posts have been off topic, including yours. And to answer your question, the evidence of my claim about lies is still coming in. Out of at least 50 deflector owners, no reports of car wash damage, but only 5 reports. 45 to go, and deflectors are still being sold. My evidence about lies is that no car wash damage exists, and the design of the deflector prevents such damage from being possible.

If you can't understand this logic, pray that you never wind up in a court of law.

Lock away, but you then prevent any evidence to support "G".

Last edited by manxman; 03-20-2008 at 11:30 AM.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:23 AM
Retired Moderator
Read mine again. It was not off topic, i was talking about the little deflector thing falling off.
But like i said, im watching this thread.

Tyler

Old 03-20-2008, 01:51 PM
Banned
Why was I off topic I never had a post in this thread UNTIL the unprovoked attack on me (that was ignored).... so my response to that attack is off topic.... get real ...... remember FAIR??

Last edited by claymore; 03-20-2008 at 02:59 PM.