Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Discussions about about exterior modifications, body-work, body-kits and JDM body styling

painting my red h badges

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 11:23 AM
painting my red h badges

so i have had my red emblems on my car for a good four months now and have decided that i want a ninja so im blacking everything out. ive ripped off every badge and marking except for the two ''h'' badges.

my problem is that i dont want to take them off and get new ones when i have already spent money on them. so i was wondering if you all had any suggestions as to how i could paint/tint them so that the h is still visible but the red is not. i was thinking about using transparent paint or maybe using window tint but i am not to sure how well that will hold up. any help is appreciated.

Old 05-17-2008, 12:13 PM
I hand painted my rear badge with craft paint and a very small brush. It was a little frustrating, but turned out pretty well in the end. I was aiming to make it the same dark blue of the Fit dot, but I couldn't quite get the paint combination to match. I'd bought several different bottles of blue and did a bunch of test spots on a white piece of paper until I was happy with it, then went to work. I found that lifting the tailgate and standing on a ladder kept the paint from running down before it dried. I had to weight it to keep it level and not open completely. At the end I clear coated several times to smooth it all out.

FYI: I gave up on trying to keep the paint off the inner edge of the 'H' and let the paint cover that too (kept me from going insane)

Pictures are HERE:

Old 05-17-2008, 12:14 PM
5 Year Member
ur gonna paint the type-r emblems? hahaha i'd just take em off n sell em and put ur oem emblems back on cuz once u paint $40 emblems, they ain't worth $40 anymore, more like $4, authentic or not.

Old 05-17-2008, 12:22 PM
You should have just kept your oem h logos and painted them black or put them back on the car. I wouldn't suggest painting the jdm h's just because that is going to probably require hand brushing if you do paint and it won't look that good.

my h's

Name:  Blackh4.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  66.4 KB

Name:  Blackh3.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  78.6 KB

Old 05-17-2008, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by koolkevin1107
ur gonna paint the type-r emblems? hahaha i'd just take em off n sell em and put ur oem emblems back on cuz once u paint $40 emblems, they ain't worth $40 anymore, more like $4, authentic or not.
i would put the oem h's back on but both of them broke when i was taking them off. does any one know about how much it would cost for some new oem badges?

Old 05-17-2008, 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by F'it_ImFromTx
i would put the oem h's back on but both of them broke when i was taking them off. does any one know about how much it would cost for some new oem badges?
Honda Parts and Honda Accessories from Bernardi Parts has them

Old 05-17-2008, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by alexfree05
thank you sir. thats what i needed. im probably going to order a set this week.

do any of you think an over lay would achieve the look im going for? like a dark window tint? the reason why i was considering painting or staining the type r was because i like how it is one solid piece it looks much cleaner to me.