Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Discussions about about exterior modifications, body-work, body-kits and JDM body styling

Not your average Door Moulding thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 05:58 AM
5 Year Member
Not your average Door Moulding thread

hey guys, this isn't the average "Where can I find door moldings" thread. I've read countless threads of people asking about the OEM Jazz moldings and where they can be bought. Not once did I find a link to a website or a phone number to call to source them; except a reference to call Ben at AJ-Racing from I_Am_Ray.

So, this will be THE thread for all those interested in sourcing Jazz moldings. I've emailed a dealer from the Philippines that my GF bought my Fit red-dot emblem and red H emblems from to see approximately how much it'll cost to send a set of Jazz moldings: Interestingly enough, his name is Edgar Allan Joe

Name:  sideview.jpg
Views: 659
Size:  42.8 KB

Through my research i've also found these moldings:

I can't even tell you if they're OEM or aftermarket. I saved this picture while surfing through the Official SSM Fit thread. I think they'd do a better job of stopping the dings because it covers more surface area, but I think they're so wide that a door ding on these moldings would look just as bad as a ding on the door itself, LoL. I sent Edgar this picture as well to see if he would know what/where they're from, more details on these moldings when I get a response.

Lastly, lets see some pictures of Fits with moldings! Share some installation tips and things that we should avoid when putting these on.

Old 06-01-2008, 11:56 AM
The second photo are EDM moldings. I have a pair in my basement - can't decide if I should install or not.

Old 06-01-2008, 11:58 AM
5 Year Member
If we finally get a hook up on the real deal Jazz mouldings... I might jump on the bandwagon.

+rep

Old 06-01-2008, 01:25 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
I got mine from a member on this site. When he was in Thailand he was going to bring some back.
Problem was, no one responded in his thread. I told him I wanted them, so he brought me a set. That was it. :-/

Those 2nd moldings are aftermarket. I forgot which though. That guy hasnt posted on this forum in a while.

What some dont know is the Jazz door moldings attach with door clips. The Jazz has holes lined down the doors for the moldings. If you want, drill the holes. I didnt do this. I loaded the moldings with double sided tape. I need to redo my driverside ones also.

Old 06-01-2008, 01:55 PM
Banned
Zeta Products also has some new mouldings that are wider than the first after-market moldings that they advertised on the forums. The new ones have a "Fit" logo on the front ends. I would have ordered the new wide ones already, but they don't have all colors. No BOM, so no order from me yet. I will pass on the Jazz mouldings- don't want to drill any holes, but thanks for your efforts to fully cover the whole issue of side mouldings.

Old 06-01-2008, 03:21 PM
5 Year Member
hey guys, i ran into a small mis-hap. the email sent to edgar bounced back; resent it and it bounced back a second time. i may have to buy an international phone card and give his shop a call. their time is 7-hours ahead of socal time (12:00pm here = 7:00pm there) so they're closed now -- come to think of it, they might not even be open on sundays.

i'll grab a phone card after work tomorrow, then give the edgar a buzz on tuesday. sorry for the hold-up

I Am Ray - thanks for the input. i remember reading about your install and i think if Mugen wind visors will hold with double side tape then the jazz mouldings should stick pretty well also. if you don't mind me asking, approximately how much did you pay for the mouldings?

Old 06-01-2008, 05:36 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by chaaree

I Am Ray - thanks for the input. i remember reading about your install and i think if Mugen wind visors will hold with double side tape then the jazz mouldings should stick pretty well also. if you don't mind me asking, approximately how much did you pay for the mouldings?
The moldings arent going anywhere. Even with the double sided tape and the weather getting to them theyre still on there damn good. The tops seem to be lifting a bit. Ill be remounting them sometime. I should have did it today.

Make sure the area is wiped clean with alcohol of course.
I think I paid about $120 for mine? I forgot actually. $120 seems right. They DO NOT come painted also.

Originally Posted by FitSport2007_5spd
The second photo are EDM moldings. I have a pair in my basement - can't decide if I should install or not.
I looked up the OP's picture threads on his Jazz. Youre correct about this.
Theyre a dealer option in the UK. Id still like to know what the badge says on the front. Does it say Jazz?

Heres more pics of his car.

Old 06-04-2008, 02:49 AM
5 Year Member
::update::

Edgar's company won't ship to the US because it costs too much and he's been ripped off in the past. Great guy, he offered to sell them to me at wholesale cost (with an order of three or more) if I was ever in the Philippines. Too bad I won't be there any time soon

I'm going to talk with my GF's dad. He's got a lot of friends still on the island, hopefully one of them will be able to point me toward a Jazz OEM retailer.

Keep posted, update soon.

Old 06-04-2008, 09:03 AM
5 Year Member
That sucks... I'll keep my eyes on this thread.

Old 07-02-2008, 02:55 AM
5 Year Member
::update::

FAIL

none of my emails or voice mails have been returned - called four different "international distributors." my tagalog isn't the best, but it's understandable at the very least

Zeta had a set of thicker mouldings with the "Fit" logo that can be removed, it looks as thick as the Jazz mouldings but i could be wrong. i'm going to grab a set as soon as they're available again.

Old 07-10-2008, 07:57 PM
Banned
chaaree-
Check your email and PM's.

Old 07-10-2008, 08:17 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Did I give you the contact info from the guy I got mine from?
I can get his email address.

Not sure how often he answers it though?

Old 07-11-2008, 12:00 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks Dave - you've got a PM

Ray-
Thanks for the offer! I've been consulting with Angelo from Zeta, he's trying to work things out with his distributor. Hopefully the Fit logo mouldings will be available again shortly - I'd imagine they're much less expensive than the Jazz set and the Zeta's already come color matched

Old 07-11-2008, 01:31 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by chaaree
(12:00pm here = 7:00pm there)
my dad (only 60+ year old white guy ) lives in Cebu, PI and 2pm here is 5am there. If you want and have a part number, I can have my dad get pricing next time he rolls to Manila. He was the one who got me my JDM smoked tails. Thanks dad!

Old 07-11-2008, 01:54 PM
5 Year Member
thanks for the offer! i'll wait out a response from Angelo first - i'm pretty tight on money right now so the most economical mouldings are priority.

oh man, that typhoon completely passed Cebu. good thing your dad wasn't in the middle of that nightmare. my cousins are telling me that Burokai (sp?) is completely destroyed, however .

Originally Posted by gimme
my dad (only 60+ year old white guy ) lives in Cebu, PI and 2pm here is 5am there. If you want and have a part number, I can have my dad get pricing next time he rolls to Manila. He was the one who got me my JDM smoked tails. Thanks dad!

Old 07-15-2008, 03:39 PM
Former Vendor
We now carry wide molding too! Custom painted & available in all factory colors.

Old 07-15-2008, 07:50 PM
how much are you selling these for?
PM

Old 07-15-2008, 09:17 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by xxgotfit?xx
how much are you selling these for?
PM
Go to the Zeta Products web site. $149.95.