Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Discussions about about exterior modifications, body-work, body-kits and JDM body styling

Headlight eyelids!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 11:33 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Yeah I wouldn't worry about them ever coming off, I do mean ever... even when you actually want them to come off They are on there for life.

Paint is a bit pricey to match the car, especially with metallics and pearls. My only complaint is up close it appears a bit pitted in texture. But that is fiberglass for you.

Once they are on you will probably be a bit disappointed at first; nobody really notices them because they appear to be stock.

But in contrast they do give a meaner appearance at first glance, they also make the headlights look much more sinister at night. Cars are 90% about first impressions, this is a great way to enhance that.

Can't got wrong for 55$ IMO

Old 06-16-2008, 11:39 PM
agreed.....

Old 06-17-2008, 01:05 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by BigBadMadMan
I understand you bring skeptical, but the F1 and F2's (these) are legit...I know that for sure.
I'm sure they are a legitimate company and they make a good product, Its just one of those things that when I see Ebay I run the other way, my loss right.

Old 06-17-2008, 03:24 AM
5 Year Member
I agree...ebay is definitely a risk when it comes to stuff being sold on there. I will say that the gamble sometimes turns out to be worth the risk. I just bought HID fogs and headlights off ebay for less than $140 (which is less than they are going for on here EACH) and couldn't be happier! The quality appears to be better than the ones I've seen being hawked here and surpassed my expectations by a mile. Sometimes you find a gem in the middle of all the BS.

And as far as the pitting on that fiberglass goes, I think the manufacturer recomended doing some bondo and sanding before paint to reduce that flaw in the manufacturing process. Other than that, I remember everyone who bought them on here several months ago were quite happy with the quality.

Old 06-30-2008, 02:50 AM
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
Yeah I wouldn't worry about them ever coming off, I do mean ever... even when you actually want them to come off They are on there for life.

Paint is a bit pricey to match the car, especially with metallics and pearls. My only complaint is up close it appears a bit pitted in texture. But that is fiberglass for you.

Once they are on you will probably be a bit disappointed at first; nobody really notices them because they appear to be stock.

But in contrast they do give a meaner appearance at first glance, they also make the headlights look much more sinister at night. Cars are 90% about first impressions, this is a great way to enhance that.

Can't got wrong for 55$ IMO
hey I'm also planning on buying a set of F2"s Except i dont really know where to buy the paint if i wanna do it myself?.. i tried paintscratch but i got kina confused! haha.. how much piant should i buy? and wat exactly do i need to buy?

Old 06-30-2008, 03:03 AM
Originally Posted by xxgotfit?xx
hey I'm also planning on buying a set of F2"s Except i dont really know where to buy the paint if i wanna do it myself?.. i tried paintscratch but i got kina confused! haha.. how much piant should i buy? and wat exactly do i need to buy?

That's where I bought the paint to do mine and it was a perfect match.

You need to buy one spray can of base color and one can of clear coat.

The base has no gloss to it at all and has to be finished with a couple or three coats of clear to look right.

Old 06-30-2008, 04:06 AM
oh i see so just the base color and clear coat.. do i need to buy anything to clean the eyelid? or does it come ready to paint?

Old 06-30-2008, 06:11 AM
Originally Posted by xxgotfit?xx
oh i see so just the base color and clear coat.. do i need to buy anything to clean the eyelid? or does it come ready to paint?

They are ready to paint, but you know, if I was going to do it over again, and I might, I would first spray them with a few coats of primer to even out any pitting or rough spots. Before you spray them with anything, wipe them down with some rubbing alcohol to remove any grease or fingerprints.

If you need to, you can sand the primer with some very fine sandpaper to produce a really smooth surface. Then go ahead and spray enough light coats of the base color to get good coverage and then a few coats of clear to finish it off. The key to getting good results with spray paint is to be patient and apply light coats. If you apply too heavy a coat, you will get runs and sags and have to start all over again, which is a bitch.

The spray cans have instructions as far as how long to wait between coats and how long to let the base coat dry before spraying the clear.

If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask. One of my other interests is restoring old racing bicycles and motorcycles, so I'm pretty handy with spray paint.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:05 AM
thanks man i'll be ordering next week and i'll make sure i order all three items.. so you got any pix of your eyelids?

Old 07-03-2008, 03:26 AM
Here's a couple:

Old 07-11-2008, 05:41 PM
im about to order! :excited: lol... hopefully they'll be here by next week as well as the paint prod.

Old 07-11-2008, 05:47 PM
where do you get NHBP spraypaint? I have only seen touch-up paint...

Old 07-11-2008, 11:19 PM
5 Year Member
either at a shop or actually honda?

hmm...

i want my headlights to look like the itr headlights

i will try and make some for my self.

Old 07-12-2008, 03:00 PM
5 Year Member
yo these lids still available, if so where can i get them?

Old 07-13-2008, 02:28 AM
Originally Posted by AtticusFit
yo these lids still available, if so where can i get them?
yea man ebay it, there are F1 style eyelids and F2 style... i chose the F2's they are supposed to be more 'agressive' than the F1's ill post up some pix when i get 'em installed..

Old 07-13-2008, 02:30 AM
Originally Posted by trancedsailor
where do you get NHBP spraypaint? I have only seen touch-up paint...
oh snap arent they the same? lol..well i got mine from paintscratch i'll let you guys know how it looks once it comes n i get it installed..

Old 07-22-2008, 12:31 AM
Paint 101?

Originally Posted by ezduzit
They are ready to paint, but you know, if I was going to do it over again, and I might, I would first spray them with a few coats of primer to even out any pitting or rough spots. Before you spray them with anything, wipe them down with some rubbing alcohol to remove any grease or fingerprints.

If you need to, you can sand the primer with some very fine sandpaper to produce a really smooth surface. Then go ahead and spray enough light coats of the base color to get good coverage and then a few coats of clear to finish it off. The key to getting good results with spray paint is to be patient and apply light coats. If you apply too heavy a coat, you will get runs and sags and have to start all over again, which is a bitch.

The spray cans have instructions as far as how long to wait between coats and how long to let the base coat dry before spraying the clear.

If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask. One of my other interests is restoring old racing bicycles and motorcycles, so I'm pretty handy with spray paint.
Hey! well i received the eyelids today and i'll be painting them friday since its my day off anyway i ordered all 3 bottles 'for better results' any suggestions? thanks in advance

Old 07-22-2008, 12:39 AM
5 Year Member
i like those too... i don't like having to paint them... but where do you get factory color spray paint for our cars?

i could do the eyelids... and paint my manifold cover factory orange to match the car

Old 07-22-2008, 12:58 AM
Originally Posted by Fat Ping Cat
i like those too... i don't like having to paint them... but where do you get factory color spray paint for our cars?

i could do the eyelids... and paint my manifold cover factory orange to match the car

Automotivetouchup.com Touch Up Paint, Aerosol Spray Paint and Paint Touch Up Accessories

PaintScratch Touch-Up Paint (rs), Spray Cans, Spray Paint, Paint Pens, Car Paint, Automotive Paint

I got mine from paintscratch and the color match was excellent. You need both a can of base color and a can of clear coat.

Old 07-22-2008, 01:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ezduzit
Automotivetouchup.com Touch Up Paint, Aerosol Spray Paint and Paint Touch Up Accessories

PaintScratch Touch-Up Paint (rs), Spray Cans, Spray Paint, Paint Pens, Car Paint, Automotive Paint

I got mine from paintscratch and the color match was excellent. You need both a can of base color and a can of clear coat.
ah, thank you sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar

Quick Reply: Headlight eyelids!