Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Discussions about about exterior modifications, body-work, body-kits and JDM body styling
View Poll Results: How many of you have scraped the front lip?
Yes, it's scratched now.
79.49%
No, I haven't scraped it yet.
20.51%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

How many of you have scraped the front lip?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 04:42 PM
5 Year Member
How many of you have scraped the front lip?

Lets get a number here on how many of you have damaged the front lip of the Fit and how you did it and what you did about it. I'm just curious and no one has asked this question yet, and I want to see a new poll. Post pictures too if you have got any.

Last edited by Fat Ping Cat; 09-13-2008 at 04:56 PM.
Old 09-13-2008, 04:54 PM
my driveway has a deep angle but im able to always curve wide enough to counter it but sometimes a car try's to come in while im barly getting there to try to curve but i cant

so i end up scraping the bottom
im not doing anything about it becuase its honestly on the bottom

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd

i was stupid one day thinking my car wasnt that low *(is actually is pretty low)*

and i went to a drive threw car wash beacuase i was too lazy to wash and one side of the lip is really scratched but it was scratched ont he tab that holds one side, so now i wash my car by hand =]
hahaha
thats it

Old 09-13-2008, 04:55 PM
5 Year Member
the bottom of my lip probably doesnt have any silver paint on it :P. but you cant see that unless you jack the car up, so im not worried

Old 09-13-2008, 04:58 PM
5 Year Member
HAHAHA, i test drove a VPB because it was the only manual they had in stock, and i scraped the test drive car comming off the lot.. but i didnt give a shit. I hate stealarships.

Old 09-13-2008, 05:04 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jazn
HAHAHA, i test drove a VPB because it was the only manual they had in stock, and i scraped the test drive car comming off the lot.. but i didnt give a shit. I hate stealarships.
haha yeah screw dealerships... hopefully it was all fixed up for who ever bought it... buuuuuuuut most people who have bought a fit don't take care of them like we do.

i scraped mine like 3 weeks after i got the car. i was coming down some stupid mountain in a new housing development and right at the highway... ugh

it was on the upperedge too so you could see it if you were standing and looking at the front up close.

but whatever, i'm anal so i did something about it, truckbed liner.. and you don't even notice it.

good as new

Old 09-13-2008, 05:44 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
i used to scrape when i had a usdm front end.

Old 09-13-2008, 05:46 PM
big dips ftl i have like a big gash and the plastic stubs on the lip are kind of eattin up but its okay its my practice lip till i get my j's

Old 09-13-2008, 08:48 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Fat Ping Cat

Lets get a number here on how many of you have damaged the front lip of the Fit and how you did it and what you did about it. I'm just curious and no one has asked this question yet, and I want to see a new poll. Post pictures too if you have got any.

The reality is, if you haven't done it yet, you will. Sports sooner and more often than Base models, but every single one will have the bottom of the front end scraped.

Old 09-13-2008, 10:33 PM
5 Year Member
Scraped it going in the automatic carwash. It got caught on the track...fix, J's replica front lip.

Old 09-13-2008, 10:37 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, I scratched the under side awhile ago. It's nothing too severe, I always looked at it as it's going to happen eventually. I do blame the parking lot at my old job though. It was a parking lot curb thingy, I just pulled up a little too far. This is the exact reason why I will not lower my Fit, I'd love to, but I go over speed bumps/humps & weird road conditions all the time. It would hurt sooo much to lower Boba.

Old 09-14-2008, 08:49 AM
Originally Posted by squidmonkey
Yeah, I scratched the under side awhile ago. It's nothing too severe, I always looked at it as it's going to happen eventually. I do blame the parking lot at my old job though. It was a parking lot curb thingy, I just pulled up a little too far. This is the exact reason why I will not lower my Fit, I'd love to, but I go over speed bumps/humps & weird road conditions all the time. It would hurt sooo much to lower Boba.

Same thing happened to me. It's those damn cement curb thingys. I did the same thing and pulled up to far and heard that nasty sound. SCRRRRRAAAAPPPPP. Shit. It's underneath the lip and can't be seen so I won't be doing anything about it.

Now when I park here at the apt complex I have about a foot left in front of my car. Since it's the FIT it still fits in the parking spots

Old 09-14-2008, 09:35 PM
5 Year Member
Learn How To Drive Then U Wont Hit The Bumper !!

Old 09-14-2008, 09:37 PM
5 Year Member
haha.. my last vehicle was a truck

Old 09-14-2008, 09:39 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by BlueCell
Scraped it going in the automatic carwash. It got caught on the track...fix, J's replica front lip.
The first month of owning my Fit I ran her through a carwash. One of those big ones where they do the inside and all that.

The wheel brush cracked the corner of my lip.
They refused to pay for a new one. So I bought the Mugen rep.

As of now, of course I scrape my front lip.
I actually cracked it yesterday. Its not noticeable unless I point it out. Im glad I havent ripped it off and rain it over. The day that happens, Ill say "Damn, time to hit up FF.net."

When I bought my OEM one it was scuffed already. Thats why I have the black painted winglets.
Anytime the lip gets real rough I just sand it down and add some paint.

Last edited by Raaaaaaaaaay.; 09-14-2008 at 09:42 PM.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:41 PM
Scrapers ftw!

Old 09-14-2008, 10:27 PM
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers
i scrap ass at the sonic meets lol i scrap a little bit coming out my driveway too .. sometimes im late for work so i gotta do 40 in reverse lol

Old 09-14-2008, 10:28 PM
5 Year Member
Drivers side on a wide drift round a corner, passenger side from a gator in the road, underside from every damn driveway I pull into.

Old 09-14-2008, 11:23 PM
Super Moderator
I have not scrapped the bottom of my lip. I have driven a lowered car before so I have a idea of how to approach driveways and entryways. At most I have probable scrapped the air dam a bit. The worst I have done is, I was cruising on the free way and I spotted some debris in the road. I was in the far right lane and there were cars on my left so I had no where to go so I centered my car to go over it. It was sticking up a bit and dint think to much of it until I hit it, Whack and then scraping as it passed under my car it was a peace of metal. As soon as I got off the free way I took a look expecting the worst but all it did was leave a litte indent in the lip and dint take any paint so I was very releaved.

Old 09-14-2008, 11:33 PM
5 Year Member
I scrape mine everytime I leave my driveway. I've some bedliner that I will eventually get around to applying to the chin to keep it from rubbing through.On my last car I scraped so much eventaully I had 2 holes in the chin and they were visible from the front of the car.

Old 09-15-2008, 11:49 AM
5 Year Member
i don't have a lip to scrape. lowered base model FTW.

Quick Reply: How many of you have scraped the front lip?