Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Discussions about about exterior modifications, body-work, body-kits and JDM body styling

Decals for the fit

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 12:16 PM
Decals for the fit

I was wondering if anyone has done any vinyl graphics on their Fit. I am looking to put a huge Star on my hood with the word nsoroma. I just don't know how big to make the star. I was thinking 2'x2'. Is that too big?

I also want to look at doing pin striping. Does anyone have any pictures of what pin striping looks like on the Fit?

Old 05-02-2006, 12:53 PM
I am a custom decal and sign manufacturer and there is no such thing as too big. It's all opinion. Depending on the graphic and its colours (layout, text size, etc) you can have your local sign maker do what's refered to as a pen plot of the final decal at full size on paper. It won't be in colour but it will let you see how it sizes up on your car. Personally I like to over print and have decals 'splash' onto surrounding panels. It all comes down to how bold you want it. Don't forget that decals; if left on for a long time do block UV and will preserve the paint they cover and therefore leave a shadow. Hoep this helps. And any self respecting sign shop should do the plot pattern for free or really cheap ($5 or less) if you're going to purchase the final decal from them.