Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Discussions about about exterior modifications, body-work, body-kits and JDM body styling

OEM front lip

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 11:31 AM
OEM front lip

Hi guys, my 08 Fit's front lip broke and I need to get a new one. Just have a couple of questions:
1) Where can I find/buy a carbon fiber OEM replica version? If not, where can I buy a regular one?
2) To install the front lip, is removal of the front bumper required?
3) Any DIY guide to install?
Thanks. First time poster

Old 09-02-2011, 05:00 PM
5 Year Member
no bumper removal necessary. just all the plastic shroud bits under the car.

Old 09-02-2011, 05:05 PM
Super Moderator
how did you break the front lip? A CF lip will be a lot easier to damage.

Old 09-02-2011, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by Giggles
no bumper removal necessary. just all the plastic shroud bits under the car.
Good to know. Thanks.

Old 09-02-2011, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by MNfit
how did you break the front lip? A CF lip will be a lot easier to damage.
I parked in a spot where the front curb is raised up too high. Heard noises when pulled out, so went out to check and saw that the middle of the lip broken in half Didn't think stock Sport is that low!

Old 09-02-2011, 10:42 PM
5 Year Member
Check Bernardi Parts for a OEM lip which comes pre-painted or Honda Fit Tuner.com for a CF lip.

Next time, don't park so far in. Our cars are already tiny little things that can be hidden in between to large vehicles which in turn give the "illusion" that the space the Fit is in is empty. Line up the rear of the car with the beginning of the parking line; saves your front lip and your car's arse.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:56 PM
Originally Posted by Hootie
Check Bernardi Parts for a OEM lip which comes pre-painted or Honda Fit Tuner.com for a CF lip.

Next time, don't park so far in. Our cars are already tiny little things that can be hidden in between to large vehicles which in turn give the "illusion" that the space the Fit is in is empty. Line up the rear of the car with the beginning of the parking line; saves your front lip and your car's arse.
Lol yeah there had been times where I thought the car is gone! Thanks though I'll check Bernardi Parts. On HFT.com they only have CF lip in Seibon MG style, don't like it. OEM style looks better I think. This is a good lesson learned lol.

Old 09-14-2011, 04:44 PM

bro I wanted to lower mine a couple in but ya we already low as it is so maybe just pit on larger wheels to look like its lower

Old 09-14-2011, 10:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shykid87
bro I wanted to lower mine a couple in but ya we already low as it is so maybe just pit on larger wheels to look like its lower
Fits aren't low by any standards. Don't be afraid to lower it if that's what you want to really do, you can either get some lowering springs by Swift or Tanabe's GF210s or even Progress's Springs for the Fit which are more on the "higher height" of the lowering springs for the GD chassis Fit or if you can afford it look into a coil over system so you can dial in a ride height you are comfortable with. Just be sure to be careful when leaving parking lots with dips/slight curbs, speed bumps, etc.

Taller tires will make it "look" lower but you'll have to deal with the car accelerating slower (due to taller gearing), not cornering nearly as well and your gas mileage tanking due to the taller size/weight.

I've been there (still there), done that, got the T-shirt and it ain't my size.

Old 09-14-2011, 11:02 PM
Fits aren't low by any standards. Don't be afraid to lower it if that's what you want to really do, you can either get some lowering springs by Swift or Tanabe's GF210s or even Progress's Springs for the Fit which are more on the "higher height" of the lowering springs for the GD chassis Fit or if you can afford it look into a coil over system so you can dial in a ride height you are comfortable with. Just be sure to be careful when leaving parking lots with dips/slight curbs, speed bumps, etc.

Taller tires will make it "look" lower but you'll have to deal with the car accelerating slower (due to taller gearing), not cornering nearly as well and your gas mileage tanking due to the taller size/weight.

I've been there (still there), done that, got the T-shirt and it ain't my size.
Thanks bro ya completely forgot to check on those but ya maybe a 16" then look into lowering it but first got to fix the front end ahh I love this lil girl found out she can really mess shit up on the street (( I had taken my cuzs si coupe on rush hr...)) but ya deff want to lower her and Damn all the pot holes bumps and curbs lol