Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Discussions about about exterior modifications, body-work, body-kits and JDM body styling

Plastic Dip

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 04:57 PM
5 Year Member
Plastic Dip

I have a question, I been reading people painting there cars & rims with this. I always see people using plastic dip as a base for there rims then paint it another color and ends up looking pretty legit. I was wondering if i could do that with our lip kits. I have some pretty bad scratches and i wanted to paint over them temporarily but didn't want it just flat black. I was wondering if you could paint over them with regular spray paint, well not regular spray paint. The kine that'll match your paint. I have a MR GD and I seen MR duplicolor spray paint.

Old 01-21-2012, 07:38 PM
5 Year Member
Sup shook, knowing what kind of budget yur on Yes you can paint your lip with regular store bought MR spray paint from the can. if you take your time doing it right it will look decent as a temporary measure. Plasti-dip is really not needed-just an extra expense-Keep in mind that the paint is not going to be a complete match with your oem but it will look better than it does now
Just remove your lip sand it down to smooth then wash it clean. Apply a primer coat and when that dries apply the red paint using the dir on the can.
I would think you'd need at least cans on it. After that dries apply a few coats of clear to it as direction require. That should hold you until you graduate and become a millionaire