Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Discussions about about exterior modifications, body-work, body-kits and JDM body styling

Looking into Clear Third Light Brake Light

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 09:40 AM
5 Year Member
Looking into Clear Third Light Brake Light

I am looking into buying this. Found a great deal for $132.00 for the clear brake light from Evasive Motorsports. Has anyone ordered from them? They claim this is a legit OEM part and that it'll plug right in with no modification. Is this true? If an LED bulb blows, how are are they to 1) find, and 2) replace, as in opening up the unit to replace them. I am also assuming the housing bolts right on and uses almost the same hardware and holes like the stock one.

Evasive Motorsports | PH: 626.336.3400 Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm PST: JDM LED Third Brake Light - Honda Fit 07+

Old 06-11-2014, 09:55 AM
5 Year Member
I saw that too and almost pulled the trigger but I bought the red Fit dot first. This is my first order from evasivemotorsports.

As far as the 3rd brake light, I'm pretty sure it uses the same mounting locations. Not sure about the LED's going out though.

Gino, they also have them here for the same price.

JDM Fit GD3 LED 3rd Brake Lamp Red Type

Old 06-11-2014, 10:03 AM
5 Year Member
Sweet! Thanks for the reply. Let's hope shipping doesn't kill me. $132 for a clear one is amazing. I'm going to be buying this as soon as I free up credit card space. Keyless entry killed me haha. Then it's the debate between the tails or mugen spoiler for me.

If I tint my car to 25% will you still be Able to see the clear? I think so don't see why not. Just don't want to pay extra for clear when you won't see it lol

Last edited by GinoLicious; 06-11-2014 at 10:06 AM.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:44 AM
My rear window on my 2007 USDM GD3 is about 3% so I sprang for the less expensive of the two between the red and clear. It was basically plug-and-play. You'll need to remove a few bolts then unplug the stock assembly and plug in the new one and bolt it back on. If it takes you more than 10 minutes you're doing something wrong. I got mine from ICB.

Old 06-11-2014, 11:58 AM
5 Year Member
Price of $20 is not a big difference to me. I do not want to spend the extra money and not be able to see the white when I'm driving. That is my only concern regarding that. I have also found this crazy link and I'm now contemplating hooking this guy up.Super Bright LED Brake Light For JDM Honda Jazz, Honda FIT 2007 2008

Old 06-11-2014, 12:59 PM
5 Year Member
I've used evasive a few times and they have never disappointed me. I bought a j's front strut bar from them when it was on clearance I don't remember what the price was but I always check to see if I can get another deal. They are one of my go to places to shop for parts.

Old 06-11-2014, 02:32 PM
5 Year Member
Ill be ordering it in the next few days. Can't wait. Going just the red housing cause my tint will probably block the white housing. Hopefully I do not get screwed on shipping costs. This will be a lot more noticeable then the stock third brake light eh?

No one has had any issues with a bulb dying and needing to be replaced? Is it even possible to replace?

Before I do pull the trigger on this one, everyone who has ordered one and hooked it up, are you satisfied with how bright the LEDs are? I am assuming they are 8,00mcd. Is this bright enough? I just dont want to hook it up, get upset that it isn't bright enough and cant replace the bulbs. Cause I know 12,000mcd would be wild. But the LED will be brighter than the stock and more distinctive right? Basically is it worth the upgrade or is the difference barely noticeable between a stock fit and an LED brake light?

Last edited by GinoLicious; 06-11-2014 at 04:55 PM.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:46 PM
I could make a video and throw it up on the YouTubes and then link it. I can't attach photographs on this site because I don't have an account on Flickr or any other photo-sharing site. I am satisfied with the brightness and have even installed a modulator on it so it flashes really quick four times, then blinks four times, then goes solid for as long as I have my foot on the brake.

Old 06-12-2014, 03:17 AM
5 Year Member
GinoLicious Do you have a GD or GE? Make sure you order the right one of what ever you buy.

Old 06-12-2014, 11:31 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GinoLicious
I am looking into buying this. Found a great deal for $132.00 for the clear brake light from Evasive Motorsports. Has anyone ordered from them? They claim this is a legit OEM part and that it'll plug right in with no modification. Is this true? If an LED bulb blows, how are are they to 1) find, and 2) replace, as in opening up the unit to replace them. I am also assuming the housing bolts right on and uses almost the same hardware and holes like the stock one.
I've purchased from Evasive before and they are trustworthy.

I have the JDM 3rd brake light in red and it's a direct plug in (and fit). Takes all of 5 minutes to install. Since the brake light is LED, it should last you a long ass time. You prob will never have to have them replaced.

Ill be ordering it in the next few days. Can't wait. Going just the red housing cause my tint will probably block the white housing. Hopefully I do not get screwed on shipping costs. This will be a lot more noticeable then the stock third brake light eh?

No one has had any issues with a bulb dying and needing to be replaced? Is it even possible to replace?

Before I do pull the trigger on this one, everyone who has ordered one and hooked it up, are you satisfied with how bright the LEDs are? I am assuming they are 8,00mcd. Is this bright enough? I just dont want to hook it up, get upset that it isn't bright enough and cant replace the bulbs. Cause I know 12,000mcd would be wild. But the LED will be brighter than the stock and more distinctive right? Basically is it worth the upgrade or is the difference barely noticeable between a stock fit and an LED brake light?
Honestly, both would work fine with your tint since they are LEDs. The difference between the two, aside from the lens cover, is that the red ones have 6 LEDs and the clear one has 12 vs the 1 dim usdm bulb.

The difference between the JDM (either of them) vs the USDM is a big difference. I personally would recommend this mod since it's cheap, quick and practical. Who doesn't want to be seen better at night?

I am very satisfied with my purchase.

Oh, another reason why I went with red is because I have the smoked red JDM tail lights. I thought that it would fit the color scheme better. If I had the all clear tail lights, I would opt for the clear 3rd brake light.

Sweet! Thanks for the reply. Let's hope shipping doesn't kill me. $132 for a clear one is amazing. I'm going to be buying this as soon as I free up credit card space. Keyless entry killed me haha. Then it's the debate between the tails or mugen spoiler for me.
lol
Regarding what to get next, go with the JDM tail lights. That is another BIG difference that you'll be able to see. The LEDs on the JDM tail lights are ridiculously bright. Like, seriously. Also, since it's basically plug and play (you have to modify one of the sockets), it'll be easier to install.

The mugen spoiler, assuming you are talking about the professional one, is actually hard since you'll need to the tailgate piece and that's pretty expensive. Just for the tailgate + spoiler, you're looking at like $700 unpainted.

Go with the tail lights since they are cheaper and more practical.