Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

Having a Fit!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2024, 04:38 PM
Having a Fit!

Hi all! I just purchased a 2010 Honda Fit Sport in Milano Red with 128k miles. It came with a pretty decent set of service records. It had one previous owner and was regularly serviced at a Honda dealer up through 10 years / 96,000 miles. From that point through the sale to me (so, about 40k miles) it only had a service record for a tire replacement, but no records of oil changes or anything other than the yearly safety/emissions inspection, which it passed every time. I am assuming that oil changes were done, but have no documentation.

Our other car is a 2004 Honda Odyssey which we've had for the past four years. I do most of the maintenance and repairs on our cars, which in the past have also included a 2001 Volvo V70 2.4T, a 2002 Subaru Legacy Wagon, and 2001 Toyota Corolla LE.

I live in Massachusetts, so I have to deal with the fairly strict (for the US) state safety and emissions inspections. Actually, I only have to deal with emissions for this year, and then will be exempt in the following years due to it hitting 15 years old. The car I just sold was the Volvo V70 2.4T, which failed this year's state safety inspection due to excessive steering play. It needed a new steering rack in order to pass, which is more than I wanted to pay someone else to do, and is more work than I'm willing to do at home in my driveway at this point. (I did replace the high pressure power steering hose, which was pretty arduous, but didn't require as much work as a steering rack replacement). I loved driving it, but wasn't willing to put up with the extensive and complicated maintenance anymore. I've watched a few videos on some more common maintenance tasks, and the Fit definitely seems easier to work on than some of my previous cars, which should be nice.

I've only had the Fit for 3 days, and mostly am driving it around town for errands and transporting the kids, but so far I'm enjoying it!

Old 03-13-2024, 01:27 PM
Photo!

Here it is! Just passed the initial Massachusetts state inspection today with no issues.

Old 03-13-2024, 08:03 PM
Sweet!

Very cool! I too am a new to having a fit!
I’ve got an 08 sport that I’ve been dd for about 2 months. I’m right at 200k and am excited to have this car for a long time. I love driving it around!

oh yeah that’s my truck too 🔥😇