Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

Interested in Buying a Fit

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 12:08 PM
Cool Interested in Buying a Fit

Hey All,

I am very interested in buying a fit. I have one question for any taller fit drivers. I am 6'4" tall and thin, will the fit be comfortable for me?

thanks so much!

Andrew

Old 07-06-2007, 12:10 PM
Well i am 5'11 and found that i had plenty of room. You should just go take one for a test drive and go from there.

Old 07-06-2007, 12:12 PM
5 Year Member
Andrew, I'm about 6'1" and thin and don't have any problems. It's definitely worth a test drive!

Old 07-06-2007, 12:18 PM
I'm about 6'2" and I don't have any problems. I recommend a test drive to see what you think about the seating position, and if you're concerned about longer trips, get cruise control.

Old 07-06-2007, 12:19 PM
5 Year Member
I'm 6'2" tall. I've had a Fit for 2 months (around 3000 miles). I think that the pedals are too close (not enough leg room). If I move the seat to where my legs are comfortable, then the steering wheel is too far away. I think the Fit needs a telescoping steering wheel. I'm getting used to the driving position in the Fit, but it is my main complaint.

I rented a Vibe for a week (on a business trip), because I thought I might get one (before I bought the Fit). The pedals and steering wheel position in the Vibe feel very similar to the Fit. I thought the Vibe's steering wheel needed a telescoping feature (Mazda3 does, but I've never driven one).

Old 07-06-2007, 12:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Btdrnks
Hey All,

I am very interested in buying a fit. I have one question for any taller fit drivers. I am 6'4" tall and thin, will the fit be comfortable for me?

thanks so much!

Andrew
Hi Andrew! I, too, am 6' 4", 205; I find the Fit to be comfortable for me, BUT I would advise getting the Sport, as the cruise control makes a long drive easier. Since I have long arms, I have the seats back as far as they will go and as others have said a telescoping wheel would be nice. I've added a JDM console armrest and I am very happy! Hope this helps you!
VBP Sport 5MT

Old 07-06-2007, 12:32 PM
Thanks All for the help! Fittman...that is very reassuring! I would definitely be looking for a sport!

Old 07-06-2007, 02:46 PM
Retired Moderator
My dads 6"2 and he drives my Fit sometimes aswell, he thinks its pretty comfortable but he wishes when he has the seat back in a comfortable postion that the wheel would telescope to him.

Old 07-06-2007, 06:12 PM
Hello Andrew
Jamie here in VA
I'm 6'3" 220 lbs
I am rather comfortable in my silver Sport I just picked up last Friday.
Only 474 miles so far, so no real judge on long term comfort.
Like others said, pedals are kinda close....but I just came from an Astro Van with 200k + miles, so close pedals are kinda what I'm used too.

JAmie

Old 07-06-2007, 06:30 PM
5 Year Member
I am 5'10"... Average height. However I have the seat back all the way on the seat rails, and I could still use some more leg room for the pedals. Seat rail extensions (are they made???) would help.

Additionally, my right arm is fully extended (almost hyperextended) when I shift into 5th gear. Although it is possible I have long legs and short arms.

Go test drive one. Despite those two nuances... I love my Fit. My wife uses those two things for her case: "See - the Fit doesn't fit you - it fits me!" Perhaps we should just call it the Jazz...

Last edited by AppleMac*Fit; 07-06-2007 at 06:32 PM.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:20 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Originally Posted by john trials
I'm 6'2" tall. I've had a Fit for 2 months (around 3000 miles). I think that the pedals are too close (not enough leg room). If I move the seat to where my legs are comfortable, then the steering wheel is too far away. I think the Fit needs a telescoping steering wheel. I'm getting used to the driving position in the Fit, but it is my main complaint.

I rented a Vibe for a week (on a business trip), because I thought I might get one (before I bought the Fit). The pedals and steering wheel position in the Vibe feel very similar to the Fit. I thought the Vibe's steering wheel needed a telescoping feature (Mazda3 does, but I've never driven one).
I think this problem si for everyone who has pickiness. I'm 5'4 and although I'm hapy with the seating now, it's only becuase I got used to it. I really dont' know why the seating is so stubborn, cuz elsewhere it has telescoping wheels as well as height adjustment for the seat.