General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 02:00 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
just looked out the window to check out my GE. have to say, it's a good looking little hatch.

i hope the careless lawncare pansies dont mess it up with their blowers...

Old 09-04-2012, 02:27 PM
5 Year Member
so over the weekend i tried these little screw on funnels griot's started selling earlier this year. until now i was using their paper disposable funnels.

(3 funnels are the same size)

these things work surprisingly well. yah, its "just" a funnel, but it's really a funnel with extra features. lol like it screws onto the spray bottle so i dont have to worry about it flipping out or over, and it has that little plastic ring so i can latch it onto my gallon jug handle after im done using it. i like it. works real well.

Old 09-04-2012, 04:04 PM
5 Year Member
17 more hrs to getting my GE tinted ... can't wait.

43 more hours to getting my car aligned... definitely can't wait.

then will see if i want progress swaybar or not...

Old 09-04-2012, 05:34 PM
5 Year Member
hummmm.... with the heat, the base sticky mount fell off the dash just forward of the center cup holder. LOL

so i put 2 small screws through it and remounted to the dash. i could rivot them in permanently since the ball joint separates between the base and stem if i ever need to access the dash right above (where the cup holder LED is located). hummmm....

Old 09-04-2012, 06:50 PM
5 Year Member
checked the aftermath the f-king lawnscapers left behind on my GE.... they suck. dirt specks all over the one side of the car. the sob can't even do leaf blowing correctly. doesn't help that their manager is a taffy apple shaped female cow driving a pos car. the office confronted her a while ago, she dont seem to give a shit either. lol

took the dirt specks off one by one using SprayOn CarWash when i got home. i wanted to wash the entire car, but then it's going to rain tonight so... at least it wont leave mud marks on my car.

oh and my freshly polished G is still super clean in my garage, so i told my GE 'great work.'

Old 09-04-2012, 11:14 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
checked the aftermath the f-king lawnscapers left behind on my GE.... they suck. dirt specks all over the one side of the car. the sob can't even do leaf blowing correctly. doesn't help that their manager is a taffy apple shaped female cow driving a pos car. the office confronted her a while ago, she dont seem to give a shit either. lol

took the dirt specks off one by one using SprayOn CarWash when i got home. i wanted to wash the entire car, but then it's going to rain tonight so... at least it wont leave mud marks on my car.

oh and my freshly polished G is still super clean in my garage, so i told my GE 'great work.'
Lawn guys blow (pun intended). I move that we make a motion to require hedge clippers and gas powered hair dryers in the presence of vehicles.

You'll be happy to know that I've kept up the Griots whoring that you have vacated. Just picked up a container of Griots Paint Cleaning Clay and can't help but suggest the Waterless Car Wash to those in areas of high water restrictions!

Also running a 1/2 and 1/2 mixture of water with my bottle of Prima Nero.

Old 09-05-2012, 12:18 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Happytheman
Lawn guys blow (pun intended). I move that we make a motion to require hedge clippers and gas powered hair dryers in the presence of vehicles.

You'll be happy to know that I've kept up the Griots whoring that you have vacated. Just picked up a container of Griots Paint Cleaning Clay and can't help but suggest the Waterless Car Wash to those in areas of high water restrictions!

Also running a 1/2 and 1/2 mixture of water with my bottle of Prima Nero.
That sounds excellent, mr.happy!

Old 09-05-2012, 08:07 AM
5 Year Member
Woot, heading out for tint in 35.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:16 AM
5 Year Member
Getting tint done as I type. This is the guy's 3rd Fit he's doing for me. Hahahaha.

Muscle car guy type he is, not sure how he really feels about doing a honda... especially a "station wagon" in their terms.

Old 09-05-2012, 12:47 PM
5 Year Member
wooot, tint is done and looks great. (picts later).

i should've removed the 3rd brake light (near roof on rear gate) before i took it in. they removed the lamp to do the rear window and they didn't do a very good job putting it back together. not a big deal, i took the cover off, removed one of the screws that was cross threaded partially, good thing they didn't tighten it much.

then loosened the other screw and screwed both back in. the hole was fine, placed the cover back on, and cleaned the trunk and doors using Prima Nero 50/50 dilluted. car looks imaculate and can't wait for the tint to dry.

next up is alignment tomorrow. can't wait to get this project finally done.

in the next week or so, im going to do a road trip to tirerack to get new snows mounted on the rota's i bought.

Old 09-05-2012, 03:51 PM
5 Year Member
so i have like 50+ music folders in my USB drive right now and it's hard to tell where all the albums are with only the numeric folder numbering on the factory HU.

and it's a pita to scroll through the folders.... like HU is playing something from folder#2 but i want to hear folder #25. i have to hit the folder button 23 times?? is there a better way around this?

Old 09-05-2012, 10:32 PM
5 Year Member
got tied up after work and could not get a good pict this evening so will take a snap of my freshly tinted GE tomorrow.

in other news, i got this new stubby driver by wiha. very cool. you can see how much
shorter it is vs a standard stubby...AND the bits are interchangeable. the hex shaft is
magnetic too (not friction type). the bits are stored inside the handle.

in this pict the bit holder is placed on the side, but it snaps into the handle.

Old 09-05-2012, 10:48 PM
5 Year Member
alignment in 24hrs... can't wait hahaha.

Old 09-06-2012, 11:02 AM
5 Year Member
At shop getting alignment... hoping all today well.

Old 09-06-2012, 11:08 AM
5 Year Member
Oooh, I wanna know the specs and how it feels when done!

Old 09-06-2012, 11:59 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie
Oooh, I wanna know the specs and how it feels when done!
Yah, not going too wild as most streets around here are straight. Asking the guys to dial in -1.5 camber on the front and zero toe. Hope to be outta here soon. The shop is clean and nice, but I'm too old and feel out of place.

Old 09-06-2012, 02:03 PM
5 Year Member
the alignment went well, got the print out and looks good. they got it perfect.

the rear toe and camber (non-adustable) is not the best but well within factory spec so im not complaining.

i will take the fast turn tonight to see how it improved. the car tracks straigh and my steering wheel is
perfectly centered so i likes.

just looking at the car, with -1.5 camber it looks 'right' if you know wat i mean. the factory camber is rediculously close to 0 or perhaps almost in positive range. no wonder the tires are eating at the shoulders when i take quick turns.

Old 09-06-2012, 02:17 PM
5 Year Member
so plan of action for tonight is to check the torques on the camber and regular strut bolts when i get home. the alignment guy said he doesn't use a torque wrench and just tighten it down real good with his impact. which 99% is fine, i just dont trust people all that much, espcially a new place i tried today.

other then that, just going enjoy the car now that it's pretty much finished. took me a whole friken month mainly waiting for parts and waiting on appointments. i should've been done in less than a week. LOL

too bad it's going to rain tomorrow...wanted to wash it and go for a quick photoshoot after work. oh well, maybe saturday.

Old 09-06-2012, 03:52 PM
5 Year Member
for those with continental DWS tires, how do you like them in deeper snow driving?

i ask because i really dont like the squirm on snow tires. while we do get heavy snow at times in my area, it's not like in alaska or anything. lol

and given that my GE will be my only car between Nov to Mar, i want the daily drive to be enjoyable including dry days... hense, im looking at a set of a/s tires that can do well in snow instead of going WS60's (snow tires).

thoughts?

Old 09-06-2012, 05:04 PM
5 Year Member
no thoughts? or no experience with DWS in deeper snow?

or just dont care? <= most accurate.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?