General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 10:47 PM
5 Year Member
Finish on RPF1 is better than that on Rotas. I've never seen much flaw with the OE Enkei finish.

Old 09-22-2012, 11:24 PM
5 Year Member
BTW Ken, with your old Enduratechs on your GD, do you remember how low they could go? I can't seem to find any one but you who ran them.

Old 09-23-2012, 03:48 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
mike- the front can go very low but the rear was like -1.5 max or something. i had it set low but not super low on mine.

Old 09-23-2012, 03:52 PM
5 Year Member
im much better today (illness wise) and so pulled out my 370Z for a nice relaxing drive. QD'ed afterwards.

and washed my GE's. i found a ding on my 09's rear passenger side quarter with paint chipped off.

removed the tail light, pulled out my PDR gear and some touchup paint.

Old 09-23-2012, 04:26 PM
5 Year Member
PDR gear? Where you score that? ^.^

Old 09-23-2012, 04:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie
PDR gear? Where you score that? ^.^
yah, back 5yrs ago i took a course one summer to learn the process. i have pretty much all the basic PDR tools the pro's use including tools for hail damage too.

i got tired of getting dinged, so i just fix them at home. the biggest ive fixed so far is a 7" crease on metal, a 9" crease on a plastic bumper cover.

Old 09-23-2012, 08:21 PM
5 Year Member
Picking up some indian food for dinner in my GE. I luv indian food.

My GE is driving great. will have a fun trip home in a bit.

Old 09-24-2012, 10:20 AM
5 Year Member
drove my GE to work today. got MAJORLY violated by a woman (i think it
was, unless it's a guy that's driving a woman's car: aka ford escape)
got dramatically cut off. ofcourse i blared my horn (G's old horns ) and
slammed on my brakes...wow... the disrespect i encounter in this car is
unbelieable. i know for certain it was intentional too as her lane was
blocked by a truck and just like everyone else, i let a car in to merge.

she came barreling down from behind basically cutting everyone off. nice.
i am sure by now she is feeling karma biting her arse. she would've caused
an accident if it wasn't for me stopping just in time. that said, the GE's
brakes i guess work. lol not gracefully but it stopped the car.

to make matters feel even worse, i got tailgated by one of us... yah a '12
GE sport bonestock. wtf... im not sure if he was doing that to piss me
off (i was doing speed limit while everyone was a tad faster because i was
prepping to make my final turn and downshifted) or trying to block a
hyundai from changing lanes in front of him. watever it was, it was not nice.

Old 09-24-2012, 10:24 AM
5 Year Member
hope the landscape folks come today to do the lawn so that i can drive my G to work rest of the week. it's suppose to be sunny and nice.

Old 09-24-2012, 12:29 PM
5 Year Member
so no one wants the '12 wheels?

the '12 wheels didn't look too terrible on the stock '12 that i saw this am. he was
driving in front of me until he decided to tailgate me. i suppose worst case i can put
some DWS on those and run them as winters.

yesterday i let my kids see Fitted's GE (the previous one that got into an accident
)where he ran the gunmetal rota boosts. kids loved it. hahahaha. they were
like 'dad, why are you not doing this to your Fit? it looks soo cool like race car."

'like race car' is why. hahaha.

awesome, the landscape folks are here. they even closed the valve for the sprinklers
for the season today. perfect. definitely motoring my G the rest of the week.

Old 09-24-2012, 05:47 PM
5 Year Member
checking availability for the RPF1's in silver and DWS at tirerack southbend.

Old 09-24-2012, 07:50 PM
5 Year Member
found some water spots from the sprinkler system this am so cleaned up my GE using spray-on carwash from Griot's when i got home. very convenient to use when i only need it to clean a few spots.

so looks like i will have the rpf1's in a few days. wont mount it on the car until later but want to get this project over with so that i can move onto some other final projects for my G and Z this season.

Old 09-25-2012, 10:56 AM
5 Year Member
motored my G to work today. yah, definitely a HUGE difference in the behavior for the folks driving around me. NO ONE tail gated me as usual, no one dared to cut me off, a van even moved out of the way when i gave a slight blip from behind when the light turned green letting him know he is slow.

anyway, this is how a commute should be. i watched a girl in an old lebaron (sp?) vert getting pulled over. kinda cracked up cause those are the types that show no respect when im driving around my GE. either young girls with no money, or 50yr old loser men in crappy cars.

Old 09-25-2012, 10:59 AM
5 Year Member
I get tail gated constantly in the Fit. I don't think that it helps that I never go more than 4 or 5 over the speed limit, but I agree if I drove a different car people would back off further.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:32 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
I get tail gated constantly in the Fit. I don't think that it helps that I never go more than 4 or 5 over the speed limit, but I agree if I drove a different car people would back off further.
yah, really unfortunate since these cars are so cool, but perceived (including the driver) as "weak."

when i told my wife about my encounters in my GE, she agreed. 99% of the time the folks that dont let her in a lane or cut her off are middle aged men in older domestics or non-major j-brand cars (mazda, mitsu, etc).

this is a girl that can easily afford her own new Benz, but prefers to drive my Fit. pretty sad these losers are dissing her when she can be whooping their arses.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:48 AM
5 Year Member
ok so i need to make up my mind today for winter set.

im still kinda on the fense of either saving money (just getting the 205/50/16 DWS) and mounting them with TPMS in my NIB rota boosts or getting the RPF1's in 17's with DWS mounted along with TPMS.

the difference is $1000.

the thing is im not sure how happy i will be with the boosts's appearance on the car... but then again, my car will be covered in snow so it's going to look like crap anyway. lol

Old 09-25-2012, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by kenchan
yah, really unfortunate since these cars are so cool, but perceived (including the driver) as "weak."

when i told my wife about my encounters in my GE, she agreed. 99% of the time the folks that dont let her in a lane or cut her off are middle aged men in older domestics or non-major j-brand cars (mazda, mitsu, etc).

this is a girl that can easily afford her own new Benz, but prefers to drive my Fit. pretty sad these losers are dissing her when she can be whooping their arses.
most of the fit drivers i've seen here in jersey are all 50-60+ men/women. they drive slower than i do, and i know its not because they are trying to pad the MPG. i only get dogged when i'm in the fast lane, i try to stay in the slow lane or the middle lane, and no one really bothers me. except the other day, these two audi a8s were chasing each other and decided to cut me off so they can make the exit.

Old 09-25-2012, 12:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xxryu139x
most of the fit drivers i've seen here in jersey are all 50-60+ men/women. they drive slower than i do, and i know its not because they are trying to pad the MPG. i only get dogged when i'm in the fast lane, i try to stay in the slow lane or the middle lane, and no one really bothers me. except the other day, these two audi a8s were chasing each other and decided to cut me off so they can make the exit.
yah, i dont even use the fast lane in my GE. i feel the car is best when driven under 65mph.

my GE is FANTASTIC on surface roads and especially short trips running errands. the car is light, quick, easy to drive, and i pretty much like everything about my '12 GE.

where my G feels heavy (25mph side streets, short trips, picking up my kids after school) the GE feels quick and light, basically effortless. where my GE feels underpowered and unstable, my G and Z can cover that area.

Old 09-25-2012, 02:09 PM
5 Year Member
yeh, i think i will just use the rota's this time... mainly not to waste money since i already have the wheels in my hands. will wrap them with 205/50/16 DWS. i wont know if i absolutely hate the wheels and tall sidewall until i have it on my GE... will see later. maybe i will like them.

i can still use the 205/50/16's on my GE's stock wheels if i absolutely hate the boosts on my car. at least then my GE will look stock.

the RPF1's are nice but the weight savings (3lbs) is not nearly enough to outweight $1000... i read that the boosts are 2lbs lighter than stock sport wheels so the only realworld benefit for me here is like 1lb, unless the DWS weights a ton...which i dont think they do.

Old 09-25-2012, 03:45 PM
5 Year Member
humm... think my buddy alex is off today. hasn't confirmed back to me if the 205/50/16's are in-stock at the southbend location. would suck to drive all the way out there and be told i have to go to Reno, NV to get them. hahaha.

checking with the customer service folks..

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?