General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 08:13 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
mike you're obviously entitled to your own opinions. i will tell you that wat you interpret today in your eyes is probably not wat you will feel when you are 15-20yrs older.

u dont understand why i bought the STI. my gen STI is the last of the 'classic' sports compact... it basically sums up wat a sport compact car was back when i was modding cars in my younger days. its before electric steering and all the gadgetry modern sport compacts have. that is wat appealed to me. when i drive the STI i feel like im back 25-30yrs ago but with a more refined car. that's unique to me.

for u youngsters who may not have had a driver's license back 30+yrs ago, you dont understand cause u werent there. which is fine, you guys are the newer car folks that perhaps gravitate more towards the modern cars. thats great.. and that is why the STI was not really intended for the younger kids imho.. and vapes.. i still dont get the vapes.

Old 02-13-2018, 08:20 PM
5 Year Member
I don't understand vaping either or why WRX/STI is seemingly popular with that crowd.

Most of my domestic and asian import friends from back in the day now own BMW's. I think that's where a lot of the 40-50 year old car peeps have gone.

Yeah, I'm old too.

Old 02-13-2018, 09:28 PM
5 Year Member
oh mang chili was goood!

Old 02-13-2018, 11:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
I don't understand vaping either or why WRX/STI is seemingly popular with that crowd.

Most of my domestic and asian import friends from back in the day now own BMW's. I think that's where a lot of the 40-50 year old car peeps have gone.

Yeah, I'm old too.
really? most of my buddies i work with at the office are non-car folks and they own bimmers with the exception of a few benz, audi, and others. (most of my old time car buddies have families now and putting kids through college or preparing for retirement.. they drive normal lux cars or older sporty cars they are fixing up).

guys at the office know i can afford a bimmer as much as they can but yet the car choice i made, they dont question me at all.. they take interest on how differently i chose my cars especially noting the MT.

however, they do ask jokingly why i cheaped out on my wife's car.

well the Fit was wat my wife asked me to get.. and they're like suurre, ken-san. wink wink. wtf

Old 02-14-2018, 12:14 AM
5 Year Member
guys dont forget, tomorrow's v-day.

got my wife's present and card ready.. we're going to have sushi tomorrow night to celebrate.

Old 02-14-2018, 07:57 AM
5 Year Member
alright on the menu today.. another repeat of yesterday except no afternoon party at the office. will try to get through the day as quickly as possible.

have a great wednesday everyone!

Old 02-14-2018, 09:57 AM
5 Year Member
You know there is some truth to that electric steering. As fun as the civic is, there is still a weird disconnect in comparison to the Miata or my cars of 'old'.

Been watching a lot of that Jerry Seinfeld 'Comedians in Cars' show. The GF has her mind set that she wants a 80s porsche 911 now lol. I'm like...you need to learn to drive manual first. Then we can look at $50k vintage cars haha.

Vaping...we get it...its a more or less a portable hookah and you can blow enough smoke/vapor to fill a room in one breathe. *shrug*

Have a happy hump day and V-day to those that celebrate it.

We are having a nice at home dinner and taking it easy. Shes making a nice leg of lamb with some sides and a good red wine. Long gone are the days of having to fluff my feathers and do the mating dance and get gifts/reservations etc as expected. Not to mention participating in economically/socially fuelled holidays such as this. Everyday should be V-day to your significant other

Old 02-14-2018, 10:31 AM
5 Year Member
Everyday should be V-day to your significant other
This so true. Enjoy the day folks.

Old 02-14-2018, 10:45 AM
5 Year Member
shinjari i did get use to my GTI and R’s electric steering and it’s great, but when it comes to the classic sports compact feel, has to have hydraulic steering like my STI.

by the time i’m done with my STI, i’m okay to let go of the past. i’ve played with cars long enough. will be my kid’s turn after that. will continue on with my R and probably a new RS3, but not much modding planned.

have a good evening with your loved ones. i have my present to my wife this am and she was estatic.

Old 02-14-2018, 10:55 AM
5 Year Member
Unless Toyota makes the SF-R (S-FR?) or I luck into a CTR, I don't see any of my next daily drivers being anything very sporting.

But that's a result of the S2000 satisfying that need/want.

I'm also the most flip-floppy person in the world when it comes to cars.

The last few days I've just been considering keeping the Fit for the longer haul. Who knows.

Old 02-14-2018, 01:44 PM
5 Year Member
still trying to figure yourself out huh, mike?

Old 02-14-2018, 01:50 PM
5 Year Member
Not that, just not sure I want to sink $20-30k into a depreciating asset as long as the orange bean I've got has largely bottomed out in value & is dead reliable/cheap to run.

(knocks on wood & hopes it continues to be dead reliable & cheap to run)

$4000/year in car payments pays for a trip abroad each year or a whole lot of home improvements

Old 02-14-2018, 01:53 PM
5 Year Member
yah.. car payments you’re doing it wrong unless zero apr. keep ur fit.

Old 02-14-2018, 02:00 PM
5 Year Member
i’m really not into saving nickels and dimes for a car. i work hard to get the salary i need to fund my car hobby. i’m buying my cars out of my allowance. it’s way more efficient for me to think bigger.

then you can have the car you want and do all the house mods or watever.

Old 02-14-2018, 02:16 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah you have 2 cars Mike that fulfill the DD/functionality and sporty need. If I had a 2nd sporty car i would've probably kept the Fit but that wasn't in the cards. If I knew i was getting the miata for certain at the time I would've waited to buy the Civic...but I bought the Civic....then found out I was getting the Miata...SMH. I would love to have my Fit car payment again haha.

Awesome news....i got an email from Nvidia telling me they had video cards in stock....*log into web page <5 minutes after getting email....add (1) GPU to cart...*checkout.....*sorry sold out*.

FML. How many did they have? 4? lol

Old 02-14-2018, 02:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
the orange bean I've got has largely bottomed out in value & is dead reliable/cheap to run.
The earth has stopped rotating...Mike said something good about the Fit.

Old 02-14-2018, 03:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
yah.. car payments you’re doing it wrong unless zero apr. keep ur fit.
For sure. 0% forever.

Originally Posted by shinjari
Yeah you have 2 cars Mike that fulfill the DD/functionality and sporty need. If I had a 2nd sporty car i would've probably kept the Fit but that wasn't in the cards. If I knew i was getting the miata for certain at the time I would've waited to buy the Civic...but I bought the Civic....then found out I was getting the Miata...SMH. I would love to have my Fit car payment again haha.

Awesome news....i got an email from Nvidia telling me they had video cards in stock....*log into web page <5 minutes after getting email....add (1) GPU to cart...*checkout.....*sorry sold out*.

FML. How many did they have? 4? lol
4? Too many to stock at once. One or nothing.

The S2000 is great because I don't have to drive the Fit everyday. Struggle just returns in winter, I go from a nice, comfy, quick car to a Fit everyday haha

Originally Posted by GAFIT
The earth has stopped rotating...Mike said something good about the Fit.
Probably the last time too!

Old 02-14-2018, 05:39 PM
5 Year Member
Nothing better than a paid off car no matter what it is. My cars are in great shape & I really enjoy them. I'll be driving them for the foreseeable future. Once in a while I get the itch, but no payments wins the day every time.

Old 02-14-2018, 06:34 PM
5 Year Member
Stupid car thieves ruined my 0 payment when they took my 99 civic hatch that I had for 6+ years. $3k cash for that from an Austrian lady who drove like a boss. She bought a Fit to replace the Civic. Figured something safer with nice features was overdue...then I got the Fit.

and yeah....everyone remember Valentines for another reason....Mike410b said something positive about the Fit hahaha.

Old 02-14-2018, 06:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ashchuckton
Nothing better than a paid off car no matter what it is. My cars are in great shape & I really enjoy them. I'll be driving them for the foreseeable future. Once in a while I get the itch, but no payments wins the day every time.
cant agree more! i hate car payments. i hate owing people. i usually keep cars i really like for 6-8yrs, longest was 12yrs+ which is like a SUPER long for me. i wouldve kept it longer if i could find oem parts for it like seals and stuff that were disintegrating. i had to go aftermarket parts as oem were all discontinued and i didnt like replica parts cause they're not the same.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?