General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2018, 09:29 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
alright, been up since 4:30am, got done with the chores and now i am free to do watever i want for the rest of day..

no car action today, but will probably look at some parts for the STI i might get later on this yr.

have a nice saturday, everyone!

Old 02-10-2018, 11:38 AM
5 Year Member
I have shoveled. I got super lucky with my neighbors & one snow blew the end of my driveway while I was out yesterday.

No idea how I lucked out with great folks next door on both sides.

And my friend gave me a pair of shoes that didn't fit him well, $120 shoes he'd worn twice. Not mad in the slightest.

Old 02-10-2018, 01:35 PM
5 Year Member
sounds like things are coming along ur way, mike!

Old 02-10-2018, 06:50 PM
5 Year Member
had some energy left today so decided to work on that curb damage on my factory Golf-R wheel. it actually turned out A LOT better than expected with very nice color match so im real happy i have a nice spare now.

i have a new wheel and tire mounted to replace it so i will be running the new one come spring.. the new tire has these lines from the factory to check trueness or something where the outer most line is white and takes a long time for the car to wear off that line due to neg camber and rear tire.

so i decided to remove the line with some RC motor spray, rag, and elbow and thumb grease. took me a while.. like 2hours maybe, but got it off. attention to detail can get a bit OCD at times.. but its all worth it. cant wait to mount these wheels back on the R!

Old 02-11-2018, 07:36 AM
5 Year Member
more snow overnight. yay means spring is near as temps are rising.

on the menu today, doing laundry this am but will be checking out ina bit how my repair i did on the wheel yesterday turned out, then shovel my GTI and GK out of the snow, check out a few new music gears from Korg and relax the rest of the day.

have a good sunday everyone!

Old 02-11-2018, 01:20 PM
5 Year Member
We got lucky no snow for us. A bit of freezing drizzle last night & early this morning. It is now raining pretty good. The salt is being washed off the roads & the snow is melting. This week is supposed to be above freezing so maybe by next weekend this white scourge will be gone.

Changed out the interior lights in my GTI to LEDs. Much brighter than the incandescent oem bulbs.

Old 02-11-2018, 01:38 PM
5 Year Member
hope all washes away soon ash! we got like 3 more weeks to go.

nice in the LED’s.

Old 02-11-2018, 02:50 PM
5 Year Member
3-4" of snow here.

The pile of snow in front of my house is now 5'4" minimum. It is truly ridiculous.

Old 02-12-2018, 07:22 AM
5 Year Member
yah, that's about where im at too. the contractor built up a snow bank about 6ft tall on the other end of the visitor parking lot taking snow from our driveways. since my cars are on the driveway they could only do so much, so my kid and id did the rest. still managed to get about 3-4ft in the tallest points. supposed to warm up and rain this week so hope those near the river are prepped for flooding. lol

Old 02-12-2018, 07:28 AM
5 Year Member
alright on the menu today. while i have 2 big meetings to attend this week, i have no biz trip to go to so i am going to be taking a daily relaxing drive to and from work. today will be mostly grinding.. wrapping up reports from last week.

im so tired of driving misc normal folk boring cars i want to get back in my GTI.

have a great monday everyone! lol sounds smartarse

Old 02-12-2018, 10:13 AM
5 Year Member
I wanna see a pic of these snow mounds blowing your houses.

Sees you all have been busy with weather.

I was going to wash cars this weekend but its raining today and tomorrow.

Also continued working on the backyard firepit. Opted to go for a square shape vs circle.

Been struggling to find a deal on a 1060/1070/1080 Nvidia GPU for new system build...damn cryptominers F-ing it up for us PC-master race gamers.

Lastly, anyone see this RC20GT that was revealed? Thoughts?

https://paultan.org/2018/01/15/mugen...an-ugly-beast/

Not my cup of tea...I'll take a stock CTR over this...at least in terms of exterior looks.

Old 02-12-2018, 10:26 AM
5 Year Member
I know that I'm in the automotive minority, but I like the looks of the CTR, so I'd take a stock looking one over that as well.

That being said, I do prefer the CTR in black or dark gray to help mute some of the starkness of the dark trim pieces and angular shapes.

I'm on the call list for when one comes in at our Honda dealer. I inquired about a black one available in Daytona, FL. Dealer offered it to me for $62k. I politely declined. He called back a few days later and offered it for $45k. He's working in the right direction. They've been sitting on it for a few weeks so they may get more reasonable soon.

I should be buying a truck instead, but I really do like the CTR. Not positive I'll pull the trigger, but you never know.

Old 02-12-2018, 10:31 AM
5 Year Member
I like the CTR a whole lot.

I don't mind the weird looking Mugen body kit.

I'll snap a pic of my snow pile this afternoon.

Old 02-12-2018, 11:34 AM
5 Year Member

Even if I could get a type-r at MSRP....I'd be hardpressed to pay for it. Don't have that kind of bank roll right now lol.

Old 02-12-2018, 11:48 AM
5 Year Member
I think that, given enough time, they will be at MSRP. In my area right now, a decent deal is $5k over sticker. While it's hard to digest the idea of paying over sticker, it has beat every one of it's competitors (despite them all having the AWD advantage) around pretty much every track and they sticker at over $40k. So, the CTR at $40k isn't a horrible deal. Just still hard to swallow.

Rumor is that Honda may bring out a sport model for less money. They have now dubbed the current CTR as a Touring model, so that leaves the door open for models beneath it. Also a rumor of a potential AWD version. Who knows what's coming. Honda definitely needed this shot of enthusiasm.

Old 02-12-2018, 12:00 PM
5 Year Member
hey guys.

yah, after my STI i’m done with these big wing tuner cars. if my kid wants to play with them that’s great but for me i’m going with fast sleeper cars like my Golfs for weekend fun and lux sedans/coupes from here forward.

Old 02-12-2018, 12:16 PM
5 Year Member
I would definitely opt for the stealth version of the CTR if they offer one. My Lincoln is the sleeper version of a sleeper (Taurus SHO).

Oooh...imagine an Acura version of the CTR! An ILX-R would be a whole lot of fun.

Old 02-12-2018, 02:01 PM
5 Year Member
hope they can churn something you want GAFIT!

Old 02-12-2018, 02:45 PM
5 Year Member
I'm going to hit 90k miles on my GE next month. I really should replace the coil packs, spark plugs, do a valve adjustment & MAYBE replace the dampers.

In reality, I'll probably put all of that off for another year.

Old 02-12-2018, 03:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
I'm going to hit 90k miles on my GE next month. I really should replace the coil packs, spark plugs, do a valve adjustment & MAYBE replace the dampers.

In reality, I'll probably put all of that off for another year.
If you were closer, I'd lend a hand. Do our plugs and valves every 50k just because plugs aren't too expensive and rest is free (my time isn't worth much). I like Denso IK22's for the plugs. At least for our GD, not positive the GE is the same. Added a bit of power with no downside that I'm aware of. It was an Oscar Jackson trick back in the day.

If it's running fine, I'd probably skip the coil packs. The 3 of ours that don't get sooted by the leaking spark plug are still original and going strong at 192k.

I don't think the replacements last as long as the originals.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?