General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 11:43 PM
5 Year Member
How many pairs of headphones does that make in the last three months?

Old 01-13-2018, 06:32 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
on the menu today.. with the stupid ridiculously salty roads outside today, i’m just going to call it in and stay inside no motoring today or tomorrow. will pull out my RC trucks and play with that, will run a quick errand in the pm in my GTI while stopping by the car wash to see if they are open.

besides this, going to enjoy listening to tunes all day basically. got a few DVD’s coming in today so will watch that tonight.

have a good saturday everyone!!

Old 01-13-2018, 06:43 AM
5 Year Member
which reminds me.. need to rip old DVD’s i like to mp4.. been too lazy..

Old 01-13-2018, 10:41 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
How many pairs of headphones does that make in the last three months?
total 6, but i returned 2. two QC35’s, WH1000, and this new BTS Pro. i already had the other sony (MDR1000X) from earlier last year or the yr before.

QC35 for office
QC35 for music room
WH1000 for music room and rest of house
MDR1000X for travel
950BT for music room decoration
BTS Pro for garage and outdoors

Old 01-13-2018, 11:43 AM
5 Year Member
lol.. GK leather seats reminds me of a black version of michelin man.

Old 01-13-2018, 05:26 PM
5 Year Member
woot, my semi-casual oxford shoes came in. perfect for khaki's and wearing a sweater to work.

so i ran my errand this pm but decided not to go to the carwash. too cold, itll all freeze. this coming weekend i might be able to wash at home.

Old 01-13-2018, 05:36 PM
5 Year Member
this pm i was just roaming youtube and came across this canadian detailer that used product after product after product just to wash the faking car. one spray for birdcrap and bugs, one spray for rail dust, one spray for some neutralizer, more products for BS etc etc and each time he rinsed using a lot of water.. . im like wtf are u doing wasting all this water! and he was washing a brand new car and was going to use clay and polish anyway.

one good wash is plenty followed by adhesive remover for a new car, clay and polishing, then a quick wipe down with alcohol before applying sealant. so stupid.

Old 01-13-2018, 06:40 PM
5 Year Member
you know how some local dealers say they do a 150 or 160 point inspection on used cars before it ready to be for sale?

i wonder wat kind of BS check list they got..

1 check tire valve cap - check!
2 check other tire valve cap - check!
3 check the other tire valve cap - check!
4 check other tire valve cap you havent checked - check!
5 spare in the trunk on this car? - check (doesn matter psi or nothing)
6 check if steering wheel on car - check!
7 check if engine still under the hood of car - check!
8 check for odd smell - check!
9 etc, etc

Old 01-13-2018, 06:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
lol.. GK leather seats reminds me of a black version of michelin man.

those seats look so silly..!

lol..

Old 01-13-2018, 06:51 PM
5 Year Member
speaking of GK seats, my wife's getting us chinese take out for supper! the GK's cloth seats will smell like a chinese restaurant for a few days.

Old 01-13-2018, 08:48 PM
5 Year Member
hummm. chinese was only okay.. not as good as before. this restaurant sucks in a way their taste is not very consistent. probably wont be going there again any time soon.

should've went with mexican again.. my favorite super burrito place. them burritos are so so good.

the oolong tea my kid brewed is good though.

Old 01-14-2018, 08:01 AM
5 Year Member
yet again back at -1F this am and my wife rolled out the GK before the crack of dawn for some event she needs to attend to today. she volunteered as IT systems advisor at this annual event and will be working with the other techs all day making sure everything runs smoothly in the background.

for me, another lazyarse day.. well, just doing laundry this am and will continue to work on my older kid's art room today.

its not like the salt magically washed away without snow or rain so im staying inside again today, no motoring, oh well. but then again, i dont want to be outside at -1F..

shouldve seen this dust cloud of salt everywhere yesterday.. the villages in my area so faking stupid putting down all this unnecessary salt on the ground. its like theyre rushing to use up the salt so that they can get a decent budget next season or something. i seriously doubt they are putting down all that salt for the sake of melting ice.. especially when the roads are 100% COMPLETELY dry before they lay down the salt and NO SNOW IN THE FORECAST!

ended up not driving my RC trucks yesterday so i think ill do that today, watch some vids online, play a few games with the older kid, and just relax.

have a great sunday everyone!

Old 01-15-2018, 01:18 PM
5 Year Member
got up a little late this am only to find about 5" of snow on my cars outside. had my kid shovel the snow around my GTI before the contractors came out.

then headed out to run a few errands in the GK with my older kid. the car did fine but the blizzaks werent gripping as well as i remembered on the GE.. anyway, the car did fine came home with a butt load of stuff from the local store, including a few diecast cars. saw the aftermath of someone getting rear ended in the snow.. lol this is why i dont drive my fun cars in the snow.

have a fun monday everyone!

Old 01-15-2018, 01:48 PM
5 Year Member
I've got to say, I don't get the hype about the Blizzak. I've got WS80 on my Fit & I'm not wowed by them at all. Maybe I'm just jaded but I really feel like I'm not that much better off than I was on all-seasons.

Old 01-15-2018, 01:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
I've got to say, I don't get the hype about the Blizzak. I've got WS80 on my Fit & I'm not wowed by them at all. Maybe I'm just jaded but I really feel like I'm not that much better off than I was on all-seasons.
i think they mightve changed the compound because i remember the W40's i had before were MUCH grippier. it almost made my GE feel like an AWD car on all seasons. but the W80's are, as you said, feel like a shitty set of all seasons. my GTI with DWS06 is so much better.. i know the GTI is like 500lbs heavier but still.

next time around im 150% sure im ditching the Fit and getting a subaru for the wife since she doesnt want the NX she said.

Old 01-15-2018, 02:21 PM
5 Year Member
Fit will be gone in 2020, to be replaced with CTR or EV.

Though the new Avalon looks so comfy that it could be an option.

Old 01-15-2018, 03:04 PM
5 Year Member
yah, sounds like a plan! would you'd be keeping the s2k? avalon is a big jump to the other side. haha

i dont have concrete timing yet on when im going to be getting rid of my GK just yet since its only in its 3rd year at 25k miles, but i think as last time for my wife, ill sell when the car reaches 50k miles. first choice would be the impreza wagon. cheap, awd, nice riding car, and decent mpg. my wife doesnt want the burden of taking care of expensive cars, and i dont want to be caring about door dings and scratches at the supermarket so itll be great for both of us!

Old 01-15-2018, 03:07 PM
5 Year Member
That does sound like a good setup for you guys!

S2000 is staying with me forever. As long as I can afford to have two cars & drive it, that thing is staying with me. Avalon just sounds so comfy, but I saw my first CTR in the flesh yesterday in red & oh man, that hit me in all the right places.

Old 01-15-2018, 03:41 PM
5 Year Member
sounds great that you're keeping your s2k. ive seen black, white, and red CTR's in person. its a crazy looking machine in a good way for sure. avalon is a comfy car, ive driven them at work since our company has a fleet of cars we can borrow for local business and it is one of the cars available. its quite a big car, seats 5 normally sized adults.

Old 01-16-2018, 01:52 PM
5 Year Member
so i drove in 2 inches of snow in my GTI with DWS06 this am and i confirm that the car did so much better than the GK with the Blizzaks. tires, added weight, plus LSD.

wheels don’t spin like an open diff with LSD in snow.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?