General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2018, 08:02 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
have a good tuesday everyone!

Old 02-27-2018, 09:49 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah congrats to your kid on the art contest. Thats pretty rad.

Yeah my 'helper' was making s'mores of her own.

Got to work a little early due to the showers/thunderstorm we are currently having. Hopefully a smooth ride home later this afternoon. This rain will at least prove whether or not the drainage I put in the firepit is sufficient or not lol.

Really getting impatient with SWIFT and not having any update on their gen 10 civic springs. Last 2 communications were "first of the year"....well its nearly March...and not a peep. Swear I'm just gonna buy some eibachs or H&Rs.

Subaru Legacys are good putt-putt A to B AWD cars. no way should one be driving it like a WRX/STI though.

Old 02-27-2018, 04:17 PM
5 Year Member
So being an avid amazon user I leave copious reviews.

Yesterday though when trying to leave a review for a CPU Cooler I bought, it said I could no longer leave reviews because I violated the ToS for the amazon community. I have only left feedback for verified purchases...and they wont tell me which review 'violated' their terms. They emailed me back today saying they 'reviewed my case and stand by their FINAL decision that I had violated the ToS'.

Needless to say I'm peeved about it as I like leaving honest unbiased reviews for people to make educated purchases. I emailed back to them asking which review it was, why there was no warning and if there is anything I can do to appeal this 'final' decision.

Sorry for the rant. Just annoyed.

Old 02-27-2018, 04:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
So being an avid amazon user I leave copious reviews.

Yesterday though when trying to leave a review for a CPU Cooler I bought, it said I could no longer leave reviews because I violated the ToS for the amazon community. I have only left feedback for verified purchases...and they wont tell me which review 'violated' their terms. They emailed me back today saying they 'reviewed my case and stand by their FINAL decision that I had violated the ToS'.

Needless to say I'm peeved about it as I like leaving honest unbiased reviews for people to make educated purchases. I emailed back to them asking which review it was, why there was no warning and if there is anything I can do to appeal this 'final' decision.

Sorry for the rant. Just annoyed.
Sorry for your frustration!

Believe it or not, they are much, much worse to work with on the vendor side. They pull the same exact crap, but much more often. Multiples of my customers have had their seller accounts completely terminated without warning.

They have been asking me to sell them directly (as a manufacturer) for over 3 years. I tell them absolutely not a chance in the world will I do business with them directly and make them go through one of our customers for product instead.

I firmly believe that the number one problem with Amazon is that they listen to the drunk/stoned idiots buying junk and then returning the items. I can almost guarantee you that some drunk/stoned idiot read one of your reviews, didn't like it, and hit the report button. Amazon listens to those reports more than their suppliers or actual good customers.

Old 02-27-2018, 05:10 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah I've been leaving reviews since 2009 and only for verified purchases. After a quick google search, it seems more and more people are getting 'flagged' for legit reviews due to certain key terms showing up in reviews. So you can simply be using the banned words in reviews and it flags you with no warning.

Old 02-27-2018, 05:41 PM
5 Year Member
thanks shinjari on my son’s art. . hope swift gets their act together on the springs.

do you know if vogtland makes springs for your civic? i’ve read good reviews about their springs.

mang, sucks to hear about your amazon review situation. they have so many fake reviews on their site it is just garbage these days. plus their customer service is so faking stupid sometimes it is unbelievable their lack of logic.

Old 02-27-2018, 09:17 PM
5 Year Member
I've been using Amazon less & less lately.

Unfortunately my everyday use credit card gives me points on Amazon. Going to have to switch it up me thinks. Sucks to hear about the struggles GA & Shinjari.

Yard looks nice though!

I think I've been watching/listen ingto this video about five times a week for the last five months. Just gets me so hype.

Old 02-28-2018, 05:32 AM
5 Year Member
hey there mike! yah amazon is super convenient for day to day things for sure.

on the menu today, need to get through this event for work today and heading home hopefully before supper.

have a good wednesday everyone!

Old 02-28-2018, 09:59 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the youtube 'mini concert' mike410b. That was a good one. Good vibes/energy.

As for amazon, sadly i'll probably still use them regularly. Just won't be able to inform others if an item I purchased was good or not. =/

Looked into Vogtland suspension products and they do not have anything for my vehicle...HOWEVER! Their North America HQ is just 45 minutes away. So I emailed them asking if they needed a platform to use for R&D

Happy hump day.

Last edited by shinjari; 02-28-2018 at 11:13 AM.
Old 02-28-2018, 03:13 PM
5 Year Member
good idea shinjari!

btw u can post your amazon purchase reviews here.

Old 02-28-2018, 05:38 PM
5 Year Member
Well Vogtland got back to me and they already made springs for my platform. I'm unfamiliar with Vogtland. I do like that they are German made like H&R.

These are my options in order of preference.

1) Eibach Pro 1" Front / 0.8" Rear $210
2) H&R 1.2" Front / 1.0" Rear $250
3) Vogtland 1.2" Front / 0.8" Rear $295
4) Eibach Sportlines 1.4" Front / 1.2" Rear $210
5) D2 Springs 2" Front / 2" Rear $170
100) Megan Racing....lol.

If swift was released I'd jump on those. Only reason I put Vogtland 3rd is it seems to have a forward rake, where as the Pro-kit and H&R's give more of a level drop. Not to mention the Vogtlands are $300.

I've run Pro-kit and H&Rs before and was happy with the results. Also ran the Swifts in my Fit and they did well. Dont 'need' to do this right now, but I think it would make my car look and feel even better with a ~1" drop all around and Type-R RSB. Eventually consider doing wheels if and when I grow tired of the drop with spaced out OEM wheels. Not to mention the potential 10lb per corner unsprung weight savings.

Got word from a friend with a GD with 220k+ miles that he's been going through coil packs somewhat frequently lately. Is there anything that would cause them to prematurely fail? He installed a set of (4), and within a few weeks, (2) had failed.

Old 02-28-2018, 05:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
Well Vogtland got back to me and they already made springs for my platform. I'm unfamiliar with Vogtland. I do like that they are German made like H&R.

These are my options in order of preference.

1) Eibach Pro 1" Front / 0.8" Rear $210
2) H&R 1.2" Front / 1.0" Rear $250
3) Vogtland 1.2" Front / 0.8" Rear $295
4) Eibach Sportlines 1.4" Front / 1.2" Rear $210
5) D2 Springs 2" Front / 2" Rear $170
100) Megan Racing....lol.

If swift was released I'd jump on those. Only reason I put Vogtland 3rd is it seems to have a forward rake, where as the Pro-kit and H&R's give more of a level drop. Not to mention the Vogtlands are $300.

I've run Pro-kit and H&Rs before and was happy with the results. Also ran the Swifts in my Fit and they did well. Dont 'need' to do this right now, but I think it would make my car look and feel even better with a ~1" drop all around and Type-R RSB. Eventually consider doing wheels if and when I grow tired of the drop with spaced out OEM wheels. Not to mention the potential 10lb per corner unsprung weight savings.

Got word from a friend with a GD with 220k+ miles that he's been going through coil packs somewhat frequently lately. Is there anything that would cause them to prematurely fail? He installed a set of (4), and within a few weeks, (2) had failed.
Trying to remember...why pick Eibach over H&R? I think H&R has a better reputation currently.

For the coil packs, is he using Denso or Hitachi? I highly recommend only those two brands. All others fail more often.

The other thing to watch out for is loose plugs and leakage. If any of the coils have brown soot of any amount, that will cause the failure.

Old 02-28-2018, 06:46 PM
5 Year Member
vogtland from wat i understand is performance oriented similar to swift.. forward rake is GOOD on a FWD car.

eibach is pretty crappy from past experience, they are too progressive. must get aftermarket dampers to work right.

H&R ive tried once and it didnt match the factory damp rate at all.

ive not tried D2.

tanabe is garbage from past experience, shitty spring rates, shitty paint that chips, and boat look (level look on FWD is not the way to go)

ive not tried megan but wouldnt even wast my time. lol.

Old 02-28-2018, 06:47 PM
5 Year Member
tein springs were also garbage, does not match the factory damp rate and paint chips just like tanabe springs from past experience.

so i think wait for swifts, or give the vogtlands a try?

Old 02-28-2018, 06:59 PM
5 Year Member
finally home from my long arse drive.. decided to take one of the company cars to the offsite event for work since i didnt know wat time id be done and didnt want to be bound by my return flight. anyway, the event itself went well but now tired as hell.

got back to the office, got in my GTI and waz like oooooooooooo~ aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh.. so refreshing to be driving a car that is nimble and fast. found an open road, took a turn near wot, no understeer. thing just turns.. rear rotates so well.

Old 02-28-2018, 07:41 PM
5 Year Member
wife's getting us burrito's for supper! wooooot!! im so hungry.

so i checked my inventory and found 2 sets of wiper refills and an oil filter for the GK. guess i will use these up before selling the car. will check up on how the vinyl is holding up on the door later this week.

Old 02-28-2018, 07:47 PM
5 Year Member
Good point on the H&R's...i did match them with Koni yellows...not OEM so I have no opinion on how they are with OEM dampers. People really praise the eibach pro's on the gen 10 forums with the OEM dampers.

I'll have to look into the Vogtlands and wait for their reply about the rates and compatibility with the hatchback. The catalog only says sedan/coupe but the hatchback uses the same springs just a stiffer damper.

MMMMMMMMM a good burrito sounds amazing right now.

Old 02-28-2018, 08:27 PM
5 Year Member
it is possible eibach got it right this time.? no idea. most folks don’t know wat good suspension is to start with though..

ohhh burritos was soooo good.

Old 02-28-2018, 11:08 PM
5 Year Member
IDK if I'll ever put lowering springs on another car ever. Just so tough to match things up well.

Old 03-01-2018, 06:14 AM
5 Year Member
yah i’ve not touched the suspension on my STI and R. it is perfect how they are for my driving. lowering just for the sake of looks is understandable but not necessary imho if the wheel gap arch is even.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?