General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2018, 08:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
im still not convinced they fixed all the 2017's lined up at the dealership (new)..

yah, you dont buy these RS's for the interior so it's okay by me... dont want to buy a broken car knowingly though. i just dont have time to be babysitting someone's mistakes with my busy schedule. and its not like my wife can drive MT to the dealership on my behalf.
Not trying to convince you of anything Ken. Just filling in some blanks. The dash looks like the dogs breakfast IMO. ;-)

Old 04-27-2018, 08:20 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
ahaha! i still think the Golf-R is king as far as hot hatches for the street. thing just looks good inside and out and drives very well and fast! so much german goodness packed inside.

i just need to get a hold of a DSG one too..

Old 04-28-2018, 05:58 PM
5 Year Member
alright, busy day today.. changed my Golf-R's oil, GTI's oil as well, washed the GTI and went out to recycle the old oil and actually picked up oil for the GK on the way home. yah, wtf right?

well after working on my cars i asked my wife to tag along to the subaru store to check out the forester. i was pretty much set to buy one today , but my wife pulled me to the side and again said she does not want me spending 2x the price of the GK on a car she will primarily drive.

hummm.. i own the GK so i mean its really up to me wat i do with the car but since she's scared of scratching a new car i guess thats also understandable too.. hummm..she said she wants to drive a car she is stress-free in..cheap and disposable is absolutely stress free for her so i guess the GK is it..

so kinda left the dealership scratching my head, went out for lunch at our usual j-restaurant and when i got home went to recycle the old oil and ended up picking up more oil for the GK. sigh.. wtf mang.

Old 04-28-2018, 07:34 PM
5 Year Member
which reminds me.. should be reaching 75F this week so i will do the rattle can repair on the door.

the flaking paint is getting worse and spreading. i dont know how far it has spread under the coating, but im kinda scared if i took some packing tape and dabbed across the door, most of the paint will flake off. no joke. im only going to do the area where the paint is physically missing for now..

Old 04-29-2018, 08:10 AM
5 Year Member
alright, pulling out my R for a nice am relaxing drive in a bit. will QD the car afterwards and im just going to do a few house chores and relax the rest of the day. will dig up the rattle cans for the GK.

have a good sunday everyone!

Old 04-29-2018, 02:03 PM
5 Year Member
motored my R this am, had a great relaxing drive. QD'ed the car afterwards, cleaned up the GK's interior a bit. really need to wash the husky's soon.. looks awful right now with salt and crap all dried up.

took the GK to a local mcd's to have brunch with the wife and kids. there was some baseball or softball team there, mostly kids 6-8yrs old, parking and inside the restaurant was a crowded loud mess and was glad i had the GK for worry-free parking. this is really when my GK shines the most.

had my usual sausage mcmuffin with egg with coffee and hashbrown..

finishing up some house chores and going to the basement storage to find the tri-coat paint for the GK.

Old 04-29-2018, 04:14 PM
5 Year Member
I put 50 miles on the S2000 today.

Thing is filthy between driving it today & Thursday, but not going to bother washing it as I'm driving it tomorrow & Tuesday as well.

Warm weather is finally getting more frequent, I've missed this car something fierce.

Old 04-29-2018, 05:18 PM
5 Year Member
sounds like fun mike!!

im hoping to get decent rain mid-week to wash salt off the roads so that i can finally wash the GTI and GK's engine bay and undercarriage.

Old 04-30-2018, 08:33 AM
5 Year Member
alright need to work on the GKs paint today after work.

i still want to swap cars as i know that flaking is going to get exponentially worse.

so i’m thinking maybe i will compromise the acceleration of the XT, even go cheaper cause my wife wants a care free car.. how about the CX3 grand touring? it has LED headlights , adaptive cruise.. that alone will make it more enjoyable for me when i use it on the weekends. and it’s cheap. $26k or something locally.

thoughts? id just buy it and drive it home. sell the GK to car max.

have a good monday everyone!

Old 04-30-2018, 08:43 AM
5 Year Member
oh yah and the AWD one ofcourse!

Old 04-30-2018, 08:45 AM
5 Year Member
I'd just keep the GK if I were you. Your wife doesn't seem to care what she drives so the least expensive option is always nice. Even if you can easily/comfortably afford something nicer, if she's already content I'd not rock the boat.

But I'm a divorced youth, so who knows.

Old 04-30-2018, 09:36 AM
5 Year Member
I managed to put another 250 miles on the GTI odometer last Friday. Also managed to get it pretty darned filthy. Got caught in the rain, the wind was blowing so hard that the corn stubble & other trash was blowing out of the farm fields. So now I'll have to dedicate a day to doing a full detail. Oh well.

Mike I agree with you. I let my long suffering wife drive what she wants. It would be nice to get her into a newer car, but she is happy driving her old MINI. So that is what it will be. Been happily married for 40 years, fingers crossed that it continues. ;-)

Have a good day folks.

Old 04-30-2018, 10:23 AM
5 Year Member
hummmm! excellent comments indeed, mike and ash.
ash - nice run on the GTI!

Old 04-30-2018, 11:14 AM
5 Year Member
Hey guys! Hope you all had a good weekend.

Kenchan - you and me both tackled 2 oil changes. I did the GFs elantra and the Miata. Picked up oil for the Civic enough though the minder is still at 30% but wanted to take advantage of the Mobil 1 rebate.

Mike - glad you're back in the s2k! Hope it stays that way until winter again =) I will agree that if the wifey DGAF about what she drives, let her drive the GK. Buying something else for her to drive just sounds like money spent....simply to spend money. I liked my GE and like how the GK's look...I just dont think I can ever own a car that has a torsion bar rear suspension ever again. I appreciate the extra cargo space but the ride comfort just isn't there.

Was a full weekend for me...wont even get into it. Not sure when the last 'relaxing' weekend I had was lol.

I'll say 2 things, saw the Avengers movie and if you enjoy the Marvel movies then I'd definitely say go check it out. Secondly I got to use my new Milwaukee M18 mid-torque impact gun...thing works like a champ. Made my tire rotations a cake walk. Easily removed wheel lugs that were at factory torque specs. I'd definitely recommend one if you wanted a cordless impact.

Last edited by shinjari; 04-30-2018 at 11:17 AM.
Old 04-30-2018, 12:11 PM
5 Year Member
shinjari nice job on the oil changes. and sounds great on your new impact!!

Old 04-30-2018, 12:55 PM
5 Year Member
You guys have inspired me. I'm due for an oil change on my Miata. Gotta have clean fresh oil for this years driving season. Shinjari is the filter on the NB Miata hard to change? The one on my NA is a royal pain in the keister. I pull the right front tire to give me more room to reach it.

Thanks for your thoughts on the cordless impact. Maybe I can swing one for Father's Day.

I also discovered I've been driving without a current license validation sticker & a current proof of insurance card. Glad I didn't get pulled over for a tag violation. I'm good to go now.

Mike glad your roadster is out & you are enjoying the drive. Spring is here & it's time for some drop top back road cruising.

Old 04-30-2018, 01:02 PM
5 Year Member
shinjari is this the one you got?

https://www.cpomilwaukee.com/milwauk...efault,pd.html

i should get one too.

Old 04-30-2018, 01:04 PM
5 Year Member
ash, yah good thing you didn’t get pulled over! . haha

Old 04-30-2018, 01:44 PM
5 Year Member
Kenchan yes I got the 2861-20 tool, but it was a 2861-21ct kit. Comes with a hard case, compact battery and charger. Its on special buy at homedepot online for $199. Which is a better deal than the bare tool for $189.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwauke...21CT/304238558

Ash - yes the filter is in the same location as the NA...passenger side of the motor...under the manifold or whatever. I can BARELY get my arm in there (get scratched up on misc hardware) and get my hand on it. I dont even know how to get to it from under the car. Such a messy filter replacement. I recently put in a mobil 1 extended filter that supposedly good for 20k miles. I've been using Rotella in my NB since I get this stupid CEL about the oil sensor and the only 2 solutions are running Rotella (extra detergents fix it) or getting a new ECU....I'll use the oil instead of replacing a ECU which *might* fix the problem.

Old 04-30-2018, 02:01 PM
5 Year Member
ahhh thanks shinjari!

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?