General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2018, 09:45 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan

but in brainfart news...i am a faking idiot.

im sure its fine but oh well. sucks.. might need to get me a new car. lol
Hope your new jitensha arrives safe and sound. (thank you for the 1 year of Japanese I took in College) lol.

Mike410b - yeah hope its something simple like an o2 sensor. I picked up a bluetooth OBD2 reader online for <$15 that works with the Torque app. Works like a charm. I've pulled several codes on my cars and friends. Also used to ensure that after clearing/fixing the codes that all my ECU emissions checks had 'passed' so I could get the car smogged without risk of them saying 'oh your emissions checks aren't registered...come back later'

Need to check PSI on Miata...weird thing is, they recommend some LOW PSI like 25 lol. So maybe it just looks weird to me. Makes me want to buy this Milwaukee portable compressor.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwauke...-20P/303975899

Old 05-09-2018, 10:37 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
mike- yah, hope it's nothing!

shinari- haha yah, my RWD charinko is out for delivery now. im excited. im just hoping no damage to it while in transit. got a new helmet, quick release pedals, tern brand portable bag, bottle cage, micro bell, and service stand on the way.

wow 25psi is low.. i mean the miata is light weight and all, but that seems real low.. but hey if thats wat they recommend.. portable compressor sounds good. i use a corded 120v black and decker one from like a decade ago. it has the analog cut-off dial so it stops when it reaches a certain psi.

i saw that the modern ones have a LCD where one can set the psi. pretty cool stuff.

Old 05-09-2018, 10:44 AM
5 Year Member
oh yah, my STI's battery was floating this am like nothing happened. i need to be more careful next time. the car is so reliable i tend to forget to give it the attention it deserves often.

Old 05-09-2018, 10:50 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
Hope your new jitensha arrives safe and sound. (thank you for the 1 year of Japanese I took in College) lol.

Mike410b - yeah hope its something simple like an o2 sensor. I picked up a bluetooth OBD2 reader online for <$15 that works with the Torque app. Works like a charm. I've pulled several codes on my cars and friends. Also used to ensure that after clearing/fixing the codes that all my ECU emissions checks had 'passed' so I could get the car smogged without risk of them saying 'oh your emissions checks aren't registered...come back later'

Need to check PSI on Miata...weird thing is, they recommend some LOW PSI like 25 lol. So maybe it just looks weird to me. Makes me want to buy this Milwaukee portable compressor.
I think I ran 32 in my Miata, all about them MPG.

mike- yah, hope it's nothing!
If it is something, that's probably goodbye to the GE & hello to a new Civic Si so I have something fun to drive.

Old 05-09-2018, 10:53 AM
5 Year Member
civic si sounds like fun. coupe or sedan? no BRZ for u? tS looks like fun...well, if ure into those cars.

Old 05-09-2018, 10:55 AM
5 Year Member
I'd go sedan, coupe is a billion times nicer looking (I honestly find the Si sedan REALLY ugly), but the practicality is nice.

I don't want two sports cars, just a nice reliable, comfy daily & my dumb car.

Old 05-09-2018, 11:02 AM
5 Year Member
sounds good. yah, having 4 doors is a plus fosho.. the coupe does look good, the rear quarter panel curvy line is a little ikk for me, but otherwise nice lines.

plus good reviews on both coupe and sedans.

Old 05-09-2018, 11:07 AM
5 Year Member
huh, only $23-24k for the Si. huge bargain. wat color would you get? id probably do white or black. probably white. not sure, civic Si were always white to me. haha actually typeR is white to me with the red emblem.

Old 05-09-2018, 11:12 AM
5 Year Member
nnnn? civic hatch sport is $22k+..? where as the Si can be had for only $1k more? really? seems kinda odd.

Old 05-09-2018, 11:54 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah I likey my hatch > sedan. GF even liked hatch > sedan. I like for extra cargo space...or thats what I tell myself. I think the sedan has a huge @$$ trunk.

Although, a LSD, Active suspension...and sunroof are homeruns in my book for an extra $1k.

Still confused how a CEL in the s2k affects the GE?

Old 05-09-2018, 12:38 PM
5 Year Member
yah, the hatch definitely looks the best

i cracked up at this review. 'but so srow~!'

stilll waiting for da ups guy... where is my bicycle..!

Old 05-09-2018, 12:50 PM
5 Year Member
huh, only $23-24k for the Si. huge bargain. wat color would you get? id probably do white or black. probably white. not sure, civic Si were always white to me. haha actually typeR is white to me with the red emblem.
Red, blue or grey.

Or some ugly color if they'll do it for cheap enough

Still confused how a CEL in the s2k affects the GE?
If CEL is something serious, I'm taking the AP1 off the road for 2018 to sort everything out. If I'm only going to have one car on the road, I just want to have that one car be something fun.

Old 05-09-2018, 12:57 PM
5 Year Member
Speaking of slow I took my Meotter out for a back road drive this morning. Slow, but such an enjoyable little car. Did a wash with ONR & it looks like new again. Now to rotate the tires.

shinjari & mike - I run 28 psi in the Yokoblama S Drives, any more & the car feels like it's riding on rocks.

Ken- we all are so spoiled these days. The BRZ may be slow by today's standards, but it really isn't slow. Remember it's more fun to drive a slow car fast that a fast car slow. ;-)

Old 05-09-2018, 01:13 PM
5 Year Member
I think it's most fun to drive a fast car fast. Slow is slow whether the car is slow or fast

Old 05-09-2018, 01:39 PM
5 Year Member
Ah ok I get it now Mike. Well part of me hopes its minor....part of me hopes you join the civic fam haha.

I liked the Gunmetal gray, white and the blue were my choices. I liked the red...but it was a distant 4th.

Yeah too much PSI equals an even rougher ride than the miata already provides.

Old 05-09-2018, 08:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ashchuckton
Speaking of slow I took my Meotter out for a back road drive this morning. Slow, but such an enjoyable little car. Did a wash with ONR & it looks like new again. Now to rotate the tires.

Ken- we all are so spoiled these days. The BRZ may be slow by today's standards, but it really isn't slow. Remember it's more fun to drive a slow car fast that a fast car slow. ;-)
sounds like fun, ash! with the top down you get a totally different experience with the miata vs a brz, no? the BRZ is probably fun to drive spiritedly not at 100%, but 70-80% for me. id probably get pissed if i wot off the line.

Originally Posted by GAFIT
I think it's most fun to drive a fast car fast. Slow is slow whether the car is slow or fast
right, with a slow car, u get no choice. pisses me off each time im in the GK trying to merge on the expressway and cant merge where i want to. lol it's ALWAYS behind the stupid fat SUV.

I liked the Gunmetal gray, white and the blue were my choices. I liked the red...but it was a distant 4th.
i like the white you got the best. maybe black if i got a CTR to hide the hideous crazy lines to tone it down.

Old 05-09-2018, 08:26 PM
5 Year Member
alright got my bicycle! so happy. i had to go to the bicycle store to get a thin 15mm wrench to install the quick release pedals though. this was the first time i visited a cyclery in like over 3 decades.. lol took the GTI to the stores and i have to say, for a to b the DSG makes it easy and fun..

i test rode my new bicycle to set it up and break in the disc brakes. feels really good and it has plenty of speed for me. im super glad i got it.

the pedal though, i got silver MKS ones since the frame is brushed aluminum and crank arm is black, but i decided i prefer black pedals so ended buying another pair. should be in my hands by the weekend. bicycle parts are so cheap even if pretty high end.

Old 05-09-2018, 10:55 PM
5 Year Member
Bad O2 sensor! Huzzah!

Old 05-09-2018, 11:51 PM
5 Year Member
should just get a bicycle. no 02 sensor to replace! and RWD! lol

Old 05-10-2018, 06:57 AM
5 Year Member
another day at the office. going to take it super easy today. hope to get some ride time after work.

have a good thursday everyone!

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?