General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2018, 08:15 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
maytag is garbage. if it was a car, it'd be my GK. lol.. 3months in the brand new fridge's compressor failed, sears sent out some bogus polish mofo (he said he was from poland so.. anyway he did more talking dan fixing).. he made me sign some bogus doc stating i wont sue for any liability if he damaged anything. im like wtf mang, just fix the damn thing i dont have time for ur bs..and he ended up not being able to fix it, nor did he have the parts. wtf sears..wasted like 3hrs.

so i basically kicked him out of the house for wasting my am. was pissed cause i had to go out and buy ice in the middle of the night and all to keep the fridge cold, etc.. i contacted another local guy unrelated to sears... this time a good ol' american dood came, also a maytag certified tech. in his case he had the parts on hand, all the tools, very prepared, explained wat the problem was and wat he was going to do, and fixed it within like 90min. and free cause under warranty.. i was pleased so gave the pro a $50 tip.

hasnt fallen apart since.

Old 05-10-2018, 08:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
So true! Maybe transform or something also? Maybe put on some kind of anime show?
yah, really.. it looks like it came out of some anime show. but in black its not so horrible. i just cant get past those huge faux vents. why honda why? its missing SH-AWD too. oh well.

Originally Posted by shinjari
Yeah the CTR and all its lines/vents/etc reminds me a bit of Gundam models haha. Granted my Sport Hatch basically has the same lines and 'grills' as the CTR....just dont have the front fender vent and the hood scoop.

Yeah that is an accurate description of a KIA/Hyundai....reliable and functional....albeit NOT fun at all to drive haha.
the hyundai tuscon and santa fe i drove as rentals were one of the best cars i borrowed at the car rental place. it was like right up there with camry. i mean i would never want one personally, but as rentals carrying passengers for work, id rent it again.

Old 05-10-2018, 08:39 PM
5 Year Member
alright, got home kinda late today so i passed on riding my new bicycle. oh well, will try again over the weekend. but i did get my new bell so installed that.

got gas in the GTI on the way home. kinda crazy there was a mk5, mk6, and my mk7 GTI lined up single file at a light out of coincidence. all black too. looked like a little caravan action going on. haha

in other news, older kid is making us mapo tofu for supper. the makes it from scratch and is very good.

Old 05-10-2018, 08:41 PM
5 Year Member
Ken why not just the Fit to your son? If you hate it may as well get it ruined in a high school parking lot

Old 05-10-2018, 10:32 PM
5 Year Member
yah, really. he'd be doing me a favor to accelerate death. haha!

one thing is he wants to learn MT. not sure i want to let him learn on my STI..

Old 05-11-2018, 07:25 AM
5 Year Member
happy friday!!

Old 05-11-2018, 11:07 AM
5 Year Member
Talking

Originally Posted by mike410b
Ken why not just the Fit to your son? If you hate it may as well get it ruined in a high school parking lot
It's not my call, but I'll give you my .02 anywho. Mike has a very good idea. There is no reason your son couldn't learn stick on your STI or R.

Friday again? This the 6th one this week for me. ;-)

Old 05-11-2018, 12:43 PM
5 Year Member
yah i think i’m going to get another car for him to practice on. lol

we tend to forget how bad newbs are at stalling and smoking the clutch. i mean they suck. awd takes all the beating too in the drivetrain.

Old 05-11-2018, 12:45 PM
5 Year Member
ofcourse if i’m done with the car he can try it. just sell to carmax and let the next owner deal with crap. that’s wat used cars are all about anyway.. buying someone else’s problem.

Old 05-11-2018, 12:55 PM
5 Year Member
biggest issue i have with my older kid is he is not a detail oriented kid. he is a macro kinda guy and small scratches and dents don’t bother him. imagine wat dat means for ocd kenchan

i mean i’m a guy that buys a new wheel when i see a 2cm scratch.

Old 05-11-2018, 02:13 PM
5 Year Member
alright ordered up a new tire and two tubes for my bicycle also iphone mount and a couple other things like tiny hand air pump, misc tools.. got my bike service stand, a Tern portable bag today.

should be good to go for a while.

Old 05-11-2018, 02:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
yah i think i’m going to get another car for him to practice on. lol

we tend to forget how bad newbs are at stalling and smoking the clutch. i mean they suck. awd takes all the beating too in the drivetrain.
I learned how to drive a manual in a parking lot in an hour.

Old 05-11-2018, 03:04 PM
5 Year Member
that’s not driving. that’s just moving the car.

Old 05-11-2018, 03:09 PM
5 Year Member
I learned quickly because I was only around manuals. When I turned 15 my Mom drove a Mustang GT, my Dad drove a Supra and my Grandmother drove a Prelude. All were manuals and in our driveway. Learned on the Prelude and took driving test in the Supra.

Old 05-11-2018, 04:29 PM
5 Year Member
i learned on my buddy’s hyundai exel. lol just to get the thing moving. it was fun.

alright one more hr and heading home for the weekend!

Old 05-11-2018, 06:22 PM
5 Year Member
that’s not driving. that’s just moving the car.
But once you can get the car moving consistently, what's harder than that as far as driving a manual goes? I taught myself to heel-toe out of boredom & even that was super easy.

Old 05-11-2018, 07:25 PM
5 Year Member
mike - ure just a talented guy..did you fix ur 02 sensor yet?

alright, got home did a few house chores. the drive home was uneventful which was nice.. well, there was a stupid slow ILX driver going like 40 on a 55, but oh well. i saw a current gen lowered civic sedan with clean flush looking wide wheels, looked alright. i saw another civic same gen just lowered and it looked pretty silly with narrow sunken in wheels. the car definitely needs wider wheels if lowered.

got my bicycle accessories installed and checked out the service stand. solid, i likes. kinda looks like a musical keyboard stand with aluminum piping and glass reinforced carbon bits and all.. made a spot to place it in my garage for now, will see if i can find a better spot for it over the weekend. looking forward to a few more bits tomorrow and sunday to finish it off.

Old 05-12-2018, 12:26 AM
5 Year Member
mike - ure just a talented guy..did you fix ur 02 sensor yet?
Haha, nope. I opened the garage to cut the grass yesterday, haven't even seen it other than that.

Old 05-12-2018, 01:02 AM
5 Year Member
ahh, hope u get that fixed soon and out motoring again!

Old 05-12-2018, 09:03 AM
5 Year Member
alright got up and test fitted my new dress shirts and pants, pressed where needed and polished my dress shoes. now dat i got that out of the way, will be running a quick errand this am to get my hair cut, then wait for my bicycle accessories to arrive. might head to the dealer to check out a few cars.

weather isn’t too great so will pass on pulling out my R today, but will go riding on my bike to ck out a few trails.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?