General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 06:56 PM
5 Year Member
Isn't your Sti a sedan?

Old 05-14-2018, 07:07 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
yah, that and the M3 are the only sedans i like at the moment.

but ive always liked boxy cars. hatches are my #1 choice, then 2 door coupes.

Old 05-14-2018, 07:16 PM
5 Year Member
so i saw like 4 brz's on the way home today. i dont feel anything when i see those cars besides dogdamn those are skinny little tires on the rear..!

i should go check out the tS next time. maybe that will spark some interest. but at $35K i rather have the forester XT.

Old 05-15-2018, 09:44 AM
5 Year Member
That tS is pretty neat but it seems they only improved the already formidable handling on the car...no HP gains?

At 35k....CTR or another Golf-R

Old 05-15-2018, 11:44 AM
5 Year Member
yah id get the CTR at 35K. right, from the read the tS is a suspension tuned ride but it has carplay and seems the interior is really nice. not overly done like the CTR..

the DSG-R i want is still 41k+. i’m giving it a few more months for the market to settle a bit before taking the plunge. i’m also asking myself if the upgrade is really necessary.. it’s not a need, just a want. i do however NEED to replace the GK. lol.

Old 05-15-2018, 11:48 AM
5 Year Member
alright ordered my second bicycle and a few accessories like the fender and a helmet for my wife. no need for the rear rack or anything as i’m going to be using it for pleasure only, no commuting. so this one i can ride with my kid on gravel trails as the tire is made for it. will let my wife ride it too when i take my on road one.

https://www.ternbicycles.com/us/bikes/474/link-d8

should have it in my hands before the weekend.

Old 05-15-2018, 08:06 PM
5 Year Member
got home washed my GTI. looks good again.

not that ive spent that much time on my bicycle yet, i can already feel that i have more stamina while washing my car.. meaning, i was on 4hrs sleep, worked the whole day, got home, did a house chore, washed my GTI and wasnt SUPER tired.. tired yes, but not exhausted.

and with the new bike arriving in a few days will be cycling more this summer. come to think of it, i need to get some sun screen. my buddies cracked up when i mentioned i bought another bicycle. they were like just like your cars ken-san, just like your cars..u just can't have just one.

haha, guess not.

Old 05-16-2018, 07:32 AM
5 Year Member
another day at the office.. havent traveled in 2 weeks. wow, this is so easy. lol was supposed to travel this week but my contact is busy with his kids college graduation out of state, so we decided to do a conf call instead. not a problem!

heading to work in my freshly washed GTI this am. i always remember not to roll down the driver window at the parking structure gate following a car wash cause i dont like water smears getting on the glass from water inside the door.

should be a quick day, looking forward to installing the fender on my bicycle when i get home today. hummm... i didnt get my tracking for my second bicycle this am.. i wonder if it shipped last night. its a signature required shipment so i need to make sure my wife is home dis week..

have a good wednesday everyone!

Old 05-16-2018, 04:40 PM
5 Year Member
Sup with feedback:

Old 05-16-2018, 10:05 PM
5 Year Member
id go with the top one, but id rock graphite/gunmetal color. black is too dark and your light color wheels are too light. something in between would be perfect. but then thats just me.

maybe you can get them painted?

Old 05-16-2018, 10:13 PM
5 Year Member
alright, got home put my bicycle on the new service stand and removed the wheel to install the rear and front fenders. even though the bike has quick release and all, nothing quick for me putting the bike back together cause i literally forgot how i swung the rear derailleur to thread the chain back on, etc. geeez. faking embarrassing.

after like 5min i was like ohh yeah~.. and remembered. good thing i tried it today cause never know when i might get a flat. dont want to embarrass myself in public. will definitely toss in disposable gloves in my bike pouch next time. got it all installed, took a quick test drive around the block. very cool.

Old 05-17-2018, 07:36 AM
5 Year Member
hummm... still havent received tracking number for bicycle #2.. inquired the store. hopefully ill get it soon, not that im in a rush or anything, but signature required is a pita for busy people like my wife and me that need to wait for it. want to get it done with and scratch it off our todo list.

another day at the office, one meeting in the late pm, should be home early enough to maybe go riding on my bike.

have a good thursday everyone!

Old 05-17-2018, 08:10 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
id go with the top one, but id rock graphite/gunmetal color. black is too dark and your light color wheels are too light. something in between would be perfect.
Ditto!

Old 05-17-2018, 10:13 AM
5 Year Member
Well regarding the top pic...do you need to have the top up with the black wheels? I kid I kid.

I like the "new" used wheels you got, but agree a anthracite/gunmetal color would be awesome.

Either way, great looking car.

*gets on top of soap box* Time for a morning rant.

Basically on the way into work there is a stop sign maybe 1/4 a mile from our gated entrance to the facility. The stop is NOTORIOUS for people to just treat it as a yield. It is not a all-way stop, just a stop for those trying to get on the highway.

I'm on the highway, going about 65...some jack-hole in one of those new "sporty" camry's treats it as a yield and to top it off doesnt even get up to speed so I'm right on his @$$.

Of course he's turning into my work. And of course he parks RIGHT next to me and as we exit our vehicles he goes "Planning to hit me man?" to which i aptly reply "No, but thats a stop sign not a yield" *Camry man scoffs and walks away*.

I mean we both could be at fault...him for not fully stopping, assessing how fast the on coming traffic was coming and then merging at an unsafe speed into traffic.

And then on my end, I was easily doing 65 when I think the speed limit is 50.

But trying to explain that to him would just turn into an one-sided argument that goes nowhere and ultimately just be an "You think you're right...I think I'm right...Lets just agree to disagree" type of situation.

Considering I hate confrontation it was very uncharacteristic of me to even snarkily reply to the guy. I dunno how to be mean lol. Part of me wants to go find the guy and apologize lol

*off soap box rant over*

So
Happy
Its
Thursday

Old 05-17-2018, 10:35 AM
5 Year Member
shinjari sucks that the ahole works at the same place.
good thing u mentioned his action though, he might actually remember it next time and stop.

Old 05-17-2018, 10:40 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah, just heated about it. I'm not saying I'm perfect, but there are drivers who make some seriously terrifying driving decisions. Its for people like that where I can't wait for autonomous cars to service the majority of drivers so the people like us can enjoy our manually controlled vehicles.

In the spirit of today, which is the annual bike to work day here in San Diego, obviously I don't participate considering I had a car related incident this morning...did you get your bike Kenchan?

Old 05-17-2018, 11:19 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
to which i aptly reply "No, but thats a stop sign not a yield" *Camry man scoffs and walks away*.
I would say you handled that perfectly!

My wife would have chewed him out until his ears bled.

Old 05-17-2018, 11:29 AM
5 Year Member
shinjari i completely agree about the idiot drivers being the best candidates for autonomous cars!! if it wasn’t for these faking garbage, we would not have congestion!

no info yet on my bicycle #2.. checking with the store right now. i know they were out of stock on one of my items in the order but they already reimbursed me for it so they should’ve shipped my bike already.. hummmm.

Old 05-17-2018, 11:54 AM
5 Year Member
these claims about keyless cars being blamed for co deaths is so stupid imo. sure they can add auto engine stop after 5min idle but that’s also annoying and can create new problems like engine shutting down while driving due to errors or hacks..?

wats next a car with an idiot driver that don’t stop on its own crashes into a tree is the car manuf’s problem? wtf where does stupid end?

i blame myself for keeping my STI’s door ajar the other day draining like 20-30% of charge. not subaru’s fault for my brain farting and embarrassment. lol

Old 05-17-2018, 12:01 PM
5 Year Member
Accepting the consequences of one's own actions is a foreign concept these days.

I pound that idea into my son's head constantly. It's not easy to get a 7 year old to understand, but I'll keep at it.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?