General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2018, 03:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
most on drugs and can’t handle da hard labor
Sad, but true

Funny on the Subie! Yeah, I wouldn't be too worried of them moving a Limited WRX out from under you. Worst case, there's others.

Old 07-26-2018, 05:01 PM
5 Year Member
Is VW having a hard time moving manual Golf R's?

https://www.jimellisvolkswagenkennes...tyle=Hatchback

9 in stock and all are manual.

Old 07-26-2018, 07:04 PM
5 Year Member
Do people besides us enthusiasts even know how to drive manual these days?

Old 07-26-2018, 07:16 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
Sad, but true

Funny on the Subie! Yeah, I wouldn't be too worried of them moving a Limited WRX out from under you. Worst case, there's others.
yah, factory managers are scared to do drug tests cause some of deir best staff could be using and would need to let dem go..

yep, i believe in fate mang.. if it aint dere tomorrow, dat ride wasnt for me to begin with. limited with the nav and keyless arent da most popular cause one can get a bare bone base STI for like a grand more.

Originally Posted by GAFIT
Is VW having a hard time moving manual Golf R's?

https://www.jimellisvolkswagenkennesaw.com/new-inventory/index.htm?search=&model=Golf+R&year=2018&gvBodySty le=Hatchback

9 in stock and all are manual.
yep, ive been waiting for more DSG Golf-R's to arrive especially in blue.. but no such luck for da last 2months. and i think datz also fate telling me i should stop driving AT cars all together cause dey piss me off.

Originally Posted by shinjari
not really.. even 'enthusiasts' wannabies think dey can drive MT but dey really suck. i did crack up at some kid driving an old RSX dis am stalling at a light.. lol but hey we all started like dat.

Old 07-26-2018, 07:26 PM
5 Year Member
alright, finally home and moved most of my stuff out of da GTI. also tossed in the factory air box in da trunk in case da next owner wants to go back to stock intake. didnt even bother to take off da piggyback. lol couple hundred bucks is not worth my time. 19" HLT Ultraleggara OZ's are on da car as well with S04's. if dey give me over 20k on da trade ill be happy.

i dont plan on lowering my Golf-R so da 19x8.5's wont fit right on my R. i run 19x8's.. i suppose i could use da tires.. again too lazy to remove.

now relaxing in my music room.. wife's getting us some panera tonight. soup and sammich sounds good.

Old 07-26-2018, 07:34 PM
5 Year Member
You can send us your leftover GTI wheels Even your stock wheels are a step up from our Wolfsburg wheels.

Old 07-26-2018, 07:36 PM
5 Year Member
huh, hell if u were local i wouldve just given dem to u.

still haz da fresh shitty junkook tires. lol

Old 07-26-2018, 07:43 PM
5 Year Member
wooooo, GK's home = supper time! so sad my wife dont want my GTI. i wouldve preferred to trade in da GK and kept da GTI and got the WRX/csi..

Old 07-26-2018, 08:41 PM
5 Year Member
looks like mcd’s is competing with tacohell with deir salads. experience ‘explosive bowel movements’ dey advertise. lol

Old 07-27-2018, 07:48 AM
5 Year Member
happy friday! half day today will stop by honda den subaru and hopefully a new car by end of da day.

but dat subieland guy might’ve been onto something cause i cked cargurus and dat car i was looking at no longer shows up. lol uh oh. haha

Old 07-27-2018, 08:46 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
A girl I dated last winter drove a 6MT Mini Cooper, she wasn't a 'car girl'

Old 07-27-2018, 09:15 AM
5 Year Member
happy friday! half day today will stop by honda den subaru and hopefully a new car by end of da day.

but dat subieland guy might’ve been onto something cause i cked cargurus and dat car i was looking at no longer shows up. lol uh oh. haha
Ken- The way I've always looked at this is..... If it was meant to be it will be. Lots of fish in the sea. I mean cars. Happy hunting! :-)

Old 07-27-2018, 09:27 AM
5 Year Member
Fish? Cars? Hunting?

Does he need a fishing poll, check book, or a rifle? So confused. Maybe bring all three to be safe?

Old 07-27-2018, 10:13 AM
5 Year Member
Awesome Mike410b...they are indeed out there haha.

Good luck on the car hunt.

Just flashed the Civic again...we will see whats up. Only complaint is I wish the technical writer for the tuner program was a bit more descriptive with the tune/option descriptions.

Anyways happy Friday! Hope its a good one. I'm thinking of tackling the H&R spring install this afternoon.

Old 07-27-2018, 10:42 AM
5 Year Member
ash- i completely agree. will check with my guy later dis am. i mean if i wait a few weeks i can get the 19 ones with carplay so datz okay too. lower price is wat i’m after right now though, but considering how i forfeited to remove parts from my GTI i’m sure dat is confusing info for da ash too. lol

GL on da spring install shinjari! can u change any of da parameters on ktuner? or more of a OTS tune like cobb?

Old 07-27-2018, 10:49 AM
5 Year Member
ash- i completely agree. will check with my guy later dis am. i mean if i wait a few weeks i can get the 19 ones with carplay so datz okay too. lower price is wat i’m after right now though, but considering how i forfeited to remove parts from my GTI i’m sure dat is confusing info for da ash too. lol

GL on da spring install shinjari! can u change any of da parameters on ktuner? or more of a OTS tune like cobb?
Ummm I'm also confused that you aren't removing aftermarket saleable items. I'd want every penny I could get as the dealer wont give a damn about those items.

Thanks! Should take me about 3-4 hours since I'm using manual spring compressors...I don't have access to fancy pneumatic ones haha.

The Ktuner has some 'base' maps Stage 1 and Stage 2 which have been pre-tuned to make it more like a OTS tune. They also have 'Starter Maps' that allow you to adjust any and every feature possible. Totally beyond my understanding but cool for those who know what the info means.

Old 07-27-2018, 11:48 AM
5 Year Member
A friend of mine had a FoST. He used Cobb and purchased their "pro tuning" or something like that. Sounds similar to your Ktuner.

He was able to download and try multiple tunes from Cobb and then, using the pro tuning software, modify those tunes to his liking. I think he chose to soften the low end by taking a bit of timing out and then added timing back in up top to take advantage of FL's good 93 octane fuel. He also played with the boost by gear I believe. He had his set for kill in third gear and up.

Sadly, I don't think Cobb offers that to end users anymore. I think their dealers and dyno tuners complained too much.

shinjari, I'd be real tempted to pick up some Boostane if I were you. That 91 octane CA gas is a major limiting factor. Most octane boosters are not stable or provide safe/known increases. Boostane is legit. Just an ounce or two per tank would give you a big safety margin with that 91 fuel you have. Unless you have access to better? Any E85 available? I'd go E85 if 91 was my only other option. Just some food for thought

Old 07-27-2018, 11:55 AM
5 Year Member
interesting on da ktuner! i like having flexibility to change settings for my gas.. sometimes i can run higher boost dan wat is prescribed in da tunes.

after flashing my STI da cobb handheld has been in my music room. lol.

Old 07-27-2018, 11:57 AM
5 Year Member
yah sellable items. i don’t mean to brag or anything but i could be picking my nose at work and making a lot more money dan going out selling. it’s just a hassle more dan anything and i feel i’m doing a favor for da locals more dan helping myself.

Old 07-27-2018, 12:20 PM
5 Year Member
yah sellable items. i don’t mean to brag or anything but i could be picking my nose at work and making a lot more money dan going out selling. it’s just a hassle more dan anything and i feel i’m doing a favor for da locals more dan helping myself.
You must have an awesome employer!

I just submitted my time sheet and included "1 hour nose picking" and they denied payment! How dare they!

In reality, I have the worst employer a person can have...self-employed.

Happy Friday everyone!

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?