General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 12:26 PM
5 Year Member
Wow Ken- You be the man with the golden boogers. ;-) The only trouble with trading a car in with added goodies is they will likely lower the price of your trade. I do agree that removing & selling can be a pain that nets you little cash. Sort of a toss up as to the lesser of the two evils.

GAFIT- If we are conducting a poll I think for fishing Ken needs a pole. What he really needs is cash or a load of golden boogers to snag that new ride. ;-)

Old 07-27-2018, 01:05 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
dat is true. if dey don’t give me wat i want on da trade i will buy cash and sell later to carmax after my kid takes it all off.

Old 07-27-2018, 01:05 PM
5 Year Member
.. anyways heading off to honda in a bit..

Old 07-27-2018, 01:10 PM
5 Year Member
Have fun at Honda!

Yeah there is a TON of adjustments I can make (if i knew WTF i was doing) using the Ktuner. Early spool, throttle padding, no lift shifting, rev limits, the list goes on and on.

As for E85 its available but I think in order to effectively use it on the civic they suggest a flex-fuel kit. Or people do their blends. I forget. I'll look into that octane booster.

Old 07-27-2018, 01:11 PM
5 Year Member
Looking forward to your review kenchan.

The last time I was in both cars I preferred the Civic for interior plastic quality, ride quality, shifter feel, seats, and steering wheel. That being said, I've never tried that STI shifter upgrade and the WRX was supposed to get some kid of interior improvements in '18 I believe.

Old 07-27-2018, 01:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
Have fun at Honda!

Yeah there is a TON of adjustments I can make (if i knew WTF i was doing) using the Ktuner. Early spool, throttle padding, no lift shifting, rev limits, the list goes on and on.

As for E85 its available but I think in order to effectively use it on the civic they suggest a flex-fuel kit. Or people do their blends. I forget. I'll look into that octane booster.
Just look for the setting that says KILL! LOL. What could go wrong?

Lots of people have now dyno'd with boostane and played around with tuning on it. All reports I've seen say it's the real deal. Behaves similar to 100 octane unleaded race fuel when blended with 93 pump. I think it's more popular in the domestic world right now. Could be because there are more 1,000+ hp domestics than imports.

Old 07-27-2018, 01:31 PM
5 Year Member
alright arrived honda.. walked in store and some lady (customer) came up to me asking if i could help her.

apparenly i look like a car salesman. lol! wtf mang.. k i am wearing my work attire so might be difficult to tell.. at least dey didn’t think i was a valet. lol

Old 07-27-2018, 01:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
alright arrived honda.. walked in store and some lady (customer) came up to me asking if i could help her.

apparenly i look like a car salesman. lol! wtf mang.. k i am wearing my work attire so might be difficult to tell.. at least dey didn’t think i was a valet. lol
That's really funny! You should have shown her some cars for the fun of it!

Old 07-27-2018, 02:14 PM
5 Year Member
I always take stuff off before I sell the car, not for money so much as just not wanting randoms to have rare/neat parts. Just thinking about selling my old Fit on my Advans or with the J's aero makes me cringe, but I buy different stuff than most folks.

Old 07-27-2018, 06:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
That's really funny! You should have shown her some cars for the fun of it!
dogdamn now y did i not think of dat!! haha

Old 07-27-2018, 07:12 PM
5 Year Member
sad to report i am extremely disappointed right now how things turned out today. i was so pissed i nearly bought a new STI Limited in lapis blue. lol.. but i came to my senses dat dis was my kid's future car, so backed off. lol

so i test drove the csi. dealer had a low mile used 2017 one which dey let me tear up... we went for a good 25-30min spirited drive on da hwy and all. the shifter is definitely honda, dynamics is very good and the pickup wasnt too bad as the car is light. it wasnt particularly fast, but it felt quick...kinda like an old CRX...its fast until you floor it, if dat makes sense. pedal spacing was kinda off for a honda as i remembered but dat is an easy fix. da issue for me is the interior and overall da entire car. the csi resembles a GK more so dan their accord coupe they use to have. and the overall everything is a compromise on dis car. its like its committed to nothing. if im buying this solely for my kids i wouldnt care but with limited parking space at my place, ill be driving it too during da week and its not for me. dis was the same feeling i got last time when i test drove it.

so i thanked da honda sales guy and decided to hop on over to subieland. my sales guy was waiting for me with da WRX limited all washed up and ready to go. i did a final visual check and wtf.. i find a huge scratch in da sill and damage in the quarter panel. im like wtf happened between last time i was here and now?! da guy kinda turned blue cause i pretended i was so mad (i was just pissed dat i wasted my time). him and his manager checked other local dealers but none had the same trim with da options so dey apologized and told me dey can either get the car repaired and offer a bigger discount, or call when a 2019's in the same trim, options, and color comes in (up to 2months wait).

given it might be a while before i get my wrx, i gassed up the GTI on da way home and washed it. so in da mean time, im going to look at MINI's..

Old 07-27-2018, 07:20 PM
5 Year Member
Sad to hear on the WRX.

I agree about the compromise on the CSi. It is what it is. To be fair, I see the WRX as a compromise as well, but at least in Limited trim you get nicer stuff than with the CSi. My like of the CSi is definitely swayed by the price tag compared to other interesting cars.

I still think you should have shown that lady some cars. Would have been hilarious if, after a few laps around the lot, she asked to see inside one. Then you could say...oh, I don't work here. Just figured we'd look at some cars together.

Old 07-27-2018, 07:30 PM
5 Year Member
hahaha! dat wouldve been hillarious. but i was kinda tight on time as if things didnt work out at honda i had to drive across town to da subie dealership.

meh, the wrx limited with the options i was looking at is leaps better dan da csi and it should be cause its 10k more. da interior felt more luxurious dan my STI and it should cause its da limited edition with more emphasis on regular leather. not dat im looking for luxury but i just cant stand da cheapness feel of dese lower end hondas any more. if i had more parking space and buying a car solely for my kids da csi would be more dan plenty..

Old 07-27-2018, 07:33 PM
5 Year Member
but if im buying a car soley for my kids, id get dem the civic sport hb MT if from honda.. more utility and better looks.

Old 07-28-2018, 08:56 PM
5 Year Member
alright motored my Golf-R dis am, had a fantastic time.

felt lucky headed over to a subie dealer way out dere far away south and grabbed myself a brand new 2019 wrx limited with keyless, carplay, HK, nav. very nice. no scratch. lol. perfect. luv da car how it rides. kid is super excited too.

adjusted da psi including the spare, cked torque on da wheel lock and lugs, cleaned da interior using Prima Nero.
and now on battery manager until tomorrow pm. should have da title soon

now time for supper.

Old 07-28-2018, 09:27 PM
5 Year Member
Your kid's first car costs more than any vehicle I'll ever buy myself.

Old 07-29-2018, 01:04 AM
5 Year Member
well it’s really my dd dat my kid gets to use. not really ’his’ car but i’ll probably end up giving it to him when i’m done with it 4–5yrs from now.

going to get it tinted hopefully dis week and clearbra da bumper. got a STI front splitter on da way along with a perrin front plate mount. will cobb it down da road but want to drive it stock first.

Old 07-29-2018, 01:54 AM
5 Year Member
Pics or it didn't happen.

What color? Manual trans right? Trade in the GTI with all the goodies?

Pretty bummed you're not in a Civic but wrxs are cool too. Just remember...vap sticks look a lot like USB thumb drives haha.

I installed the HR springs yesterday. Very very happy with the result. Pretty straight forward. Most annoying part was installing the top nut of the strut to reassemble the strut. Impact makes it easy to disassemble but reassemble it just spins. Ideally one of those fancy open/thru sockets is needed since you need to have a hex key to hold it. I managed with what I had. Cut the front bumpstop 1" per instructions. Nothing mentioned about the rear, though Eibach mentions it in their install Fortunately that one's easy to get to in the event I need to cut it .

Need to do math and find a level area in the morning to figure out the drop exactly...but it's at roughly a 1 finger gap all around now instead of 2.5-3.

Didn't realize HR came in this blue color, swore they were black before. It's ok though I'm liking the blue.
Time for giant pics.

Before H&R sport spring install. 2.5-3 finger gap all around .

Front springs.

​​​

Rear springs.
Updated photo to better show wheel gap.

After H&R sport spring install. 1 finger gap or less all around.

Last edited by shinjari; 07-29-2018 at 10:50 AM.
Old 07-29-2018, 07:29 AM
5 Year Member
looks nice shinjari! yah those top nuts can be a pain at times.

loled at many usb i need to buy. . my 2019 is a white pearl color. the contrast with the dark wheels looks good and makes the car more visually dynamic pretty much day or night so decided dat wasn’t so bad either.. ended up liking it more dan lapis blue. and yah MT. i just got tired of 2wd cars in general with its wheel spin and AT has no place for me. da GTI was a great learning experience while my leg healed.. regardless of dual clutch it ain’t for me. and mexican VW makes good cars.

yah i sold the GTI as is and brought the factory wheels. i got a good trade so happy with the entire turnout.

pulling out my R dis am.

Old 07-29-2018, 10:51 AM
5 Year Member
Awesome to hear. Yeah I suppose if you're in a place that 2wd just doesn't cut it year round then an awd makes complete sense. Great color choice.

Wonder who at the dealership gets dibs on your fancy wheels because you know they are just gonna put the OEM's back on.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?