General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 07:56 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
oh yah, after i complained to HOA about my car getting clobbered by cut grass and bits of dirt all over by the landraper's leaf blowers a few weeks ago, i noticed they stopped using the blower near my driveway. that is a HUGE improvement and relief cause now i can travel for biz without having to have to worry about rock chips on the side of my car.

Old 09-30-2018, 08:04 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
oh yah, after i complained to HOA about my car getting clobbered by cut grass and bits of dirt all over by the landraper's leaf blowers a few weeks ago, i noticed they stopped using the blower near my driveway. that is a HUGE improvement and relief cause now i can travel for biz without having to have to worry about rock chips on the side of my car.
Good to hear! Some people just don't think or don't care or are intentionally disrespectful to others property.

Like when I got into an altercation with a street sweeper that parked his running sweeper next to my black show car with the brushes running. There was no doubt it was jealousy/stupidity. When I called him on it and told him to get away from my car, he started getting belligerent. I called the police. He ended up getting arrested. Had an open container and was drinking on the job. There's POS people everywhere.

Old 09-30-2018, 08:08 PM
5 Year Member
that sucks but good to hear da faking loser got arrested. sad to hear cause street sweepers are one of the few public works vehicles i really appreciate.

id appreciate salt trucks too if they didnt put so much down when NOT needed.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:36 AM
5 Year Member
Happy Monday ladies and gents.

It's difficult to explain to non-enthusiasts about paint and how delicate it can be. From my experience more people have no clue what wax is and think its just some 'snake oil' that car washes are trying to make $ with.

Got a family member who's last (3) cars have had clear coat failure...one in as little as 3 years. "I dont know why"...well I've explained multiple times and they dont believe me. My strongest argument is "Cassandra's hyunda is 12 years old....BLACK...and look how pristine that paint is". To which I get, "Oh her paint is just better quality". Yes....you're right...its better quality than your Acura, Lexus and Nissan SMH. Meanwhile, had a friend want to learn about detailing. She has a white rav4 and was noticing the rail dust and contamination as well as some upholstery stains and what could she do about it. Well I didn't have time to do the detail or teach her, nor remove carpet stains so I recommended her to the detail shop I used to go to. They took care of her. Clay, Polish, Wax and thorough interior shampoo and she is stoked that it's like having a new car all over again. =)

Went to play paintball yesterday and had a great time as usual. ONLY complaint was my friend's car was shot in the trunk with (1) paintball and MY car was shot in the tailpipe. I'm glad it was the tail pipe and not the paint like his...but still in the 10+ years I've been going, this has never happened so clearly this was on purpose since our cars are parked in the staging area.

Glad I don't have to deal with road salt...or hibernating cars...but since we are technically a desert, I gotta be mindful of dust/sand/rocks in the road.

Good luck with the dyno GAFIT!

Old 10-01-2018, 11:18 AM
5 Year Member
Wax? That's the stuff they charge $1 extra for and it gets sprayed on at the end of the drive through wash machine. Right?

Shot in the tailpipe? Pretty sure that's some kine of sexual assault!

Hope I make it to the dyno this week. The lowest dyno I've ever had was 132whp. That was the baseline on my motorcycle before I did a bunch of work to it. Will be interesting setting a new low.

Old 10-01-2018, 11:37 AM
5 Year Member
Lol. I feel like my 15 year old cbr600rr has as much whp as the Fit haha.

Old 10-01-2018, 11:42 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
Lol. I feel like my 15 year old cbr600rr has as much whp as the Fit haha.
You're probably right! I recall my friends zx6r making something around 100whp back in '99. I've seen dyno's as low as 86whp for a Fit.

Old 10-01-2018, 11:59 AM
5 Year Member
Average numbers I've seen thanks to trusty google for my bike are 107whp and a STAGGERING 45ft/lb of torque haha.

Old 10-01-2018, 02:59 PM
5 Year Member
i want to see someone put a horse on a dyno to make sure it don’t come out like 0.75hp. lol

speaking of waxes yah.. i saw a bunch of crap in jland at super autobacs and realized these people have a bunch of useless wide selection. and lol’ed at no real wash buckets 5 gallons+ with grit guard and all. i honestly think people in the usa that details cars are a lot more knowledgeable than the typical tanaka or suzuki or tiki tiki tembo in jland.

Old 10-01-2018, 03:16 PM
5 Year Member
ouch. just saw a cubs catcher get nailed in da ballz..

Old 10-01-2018, 06:50 PM
5 Year Member
my son took first place at his regional conference undefeated to close his cross country season today.
definitely shares kenchan's winning blood.

now my other son took first place too.. from the back. LOL not sure which place he came in, dont care. he was adopted. haha

Old 10-01-2018, 06:52 PM
5 Year Member
1st place
2nd place
3rd place
4th place ~ 10000 fail

Old 10-01-2018, 07:00 PM
5 Year Member
speaking of losers, this beat up camry cut me off while at a construction zone merge on the way home. im like u were at least half a car length behind me, why u speed up and cut off a brand new WRX that is far superior than ur entire existence? while i had new hellas installed, didnt use it and just pardoned him like nothing happened. he reminded me of a random fart in a plane. just wait 15 sec and the shit will usually go away. and he did. tada~ .. lol

Old 10-01-2018, 07:37 PM
5 Year Member
my wife showed me a vid of the meet. i asked my kid wat he was thinking (feeling) the last 45sec of the race cause he got passed by a competitor and my kid said he knew the opponent was already running out of stamina and squeezing the last bit of his energy while my kid was still holding onto his nawz for the very last stretch. when my kid opened up at the end not only did he pass him, he beat the kid by over 13 seconds.

mang good thing i wasnt dere to watch cause i wouldve yelled at the other kid "TOO SOON JR!!" and probably got into a fight with his dad. LOL

Old 10-01-2018, 08:15 PM
5 Year Member
so each time i drive the GK it reminds me how bad the brakes are.. like im stepping on it and it takes forever to slow down i usually shift into S mode (cvt) to use some engine braking which helps.

wat is the consensus on good pads for the front? while doing the brake fluid change i might just swap out the pads too.

Old 10-02-2018, 07:31 AM
5 Year Member
yikes high import tax and 15/hr wage at amazon + bs 5 star reviews.
wat to do with the tens of thousands i just saved! lol

actually theres not much more i want at the moment. just going to enjoy wat i have.
have a good tuesday everyone!

Old 10-02-2018, 09:58 AM
5 Year Member
Happy Tuesday!

Would better pads help the GK? I enjoyed my EBC pads on the GE.

Yeah one of my peeves about driving is people who have NO idea how to merge. If you're half a car or more behind me...you stay there. You're not getting anywhere faster by cutting me off.

Have always reminded my son that a merge should perform like a zipper...alternating. Its when you skip one when it gets all F'd up.

Congrats on your natural born child winning haha.

Speaking of amazon, they still refuse to let me leave reviews. I can leave 'seller' reviews until the cows come home...but product reviews still forbidden. Oh well. I think since this whole 'you can't review our stuff'...I've found other places to buy things or simply haven't bought them because they are 'wants' not 'needs'. I'm sure amazon notices the HUGE losses from me lol.

Speaking of import taxes, that Husky Tool chest I was looking at was $798 for the last few weeks....then I go to home depot to get some house project stuff and its now $898!?!?! I'm blaming import taxes on steel for the price increase.
Guess I'm waiting for black friday to see what deals I can get. I've gone without a tool chest this long....what's another 6 weeks?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-In...R9HD/302962883
Last black Friday it went down to $598...from $698...So with my luck it'll go to $798...from $898 lol.

If the husky doesn't go down, them I'm eyeing the Milwaukee one as I've seen that drop as low as $500 on black Friday and will continue my milwaukee theme haha.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwauke...8520/306136151

Old 10-02-2018, 10:06 AM
5 Year Member
Both of those tool boxes look great! I like that there are two rows of drawers side by side. Mine is basically the same as those if you removed the smaller drawer all the way down. It's not quite big enough. Fits all of my hand tools, but my power tools have to find other homes.

Old 10-02-2018, 10:30 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah the Husky one is 52" wide vs 46". Also the Husky has (2) power strips and USB at the top. Oh can't forget the critical bottle opener attached to the side haha. Also the top back wall is magnetic instead of a peg board. not sure if thats a pro or con.

The milwaukee doesnt have the USB or bottle opener, but has a power tool drawer (bottom right) and provisions to mount their battery chargers on the side of the box or in the top case area which is nifty. Also there is an exterior power strip which the Husky doesn't have. One one of the drawers is a 'workspace' so it basically slides out and provides a flat surface to work on. I dont have/use my laptop out in my garage...but cool to have a drawer with a lid? Its smaller so less room.

Last edited by shinjari; 10-02-2018 at 10:33 AM.
Old 10-02-2018, 10:41 AM
5 Year Member
I like the built in power strip. My workbench has a built in power strip and it gets used a LOT. It's where I plug in the dremel, heat gun, soldering iron, etc. Probably not as needed in a tool cabinet, but still good to have.

Extra outlets, especially ones that aren't at ground level, are always appreciated.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?