General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2018, 11:21 AM
5 Year Member
Glad you like your noise makers. I like Subaru's, but to me such exhausts sound kind of agricultural. ;-) Different strokes as they say.

Old 12-22-2018, 11:26 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
had a very enjoyable drive. kinda reminded me of the bugeye WRX i had long time ago with a blitz NUR exhaust without silencer. thing was very loud.

i guess dis is how a WRX should sound so im going to keep it until a cop pulls me over.. then try the HKS cbe maybe. there were 2 police cars behind me today in separate villages, but they didnt seem to care about the noise; it's probably louder inside the cabin vs outside. my model year STI has less sound damping probably vs my 19 WRX too..

thinking about faux chinese for lunch today.. panda express.

Old 12-22-2018, 04:07 PM
5 Year Member
Ken, so long as you have it outside when you cold start it I don't see it being an issue. You still have a cat & resonators, right?

Plug cover is in my possession. I am very happy.

Old 12-22-2018, 04:27 PM
5 Year Member
Wouldn't baseball cards hitting you wheel spokes sound cool? You do have a bike so try it out there first. ;-)

Old 12-22-2018, 04:30 PM
5 Year Member
mike- wow that looks fantastic! nice~

yep, everything for emissions is on my STI. when i start my WRX in the am to go to work (also running muffler deletes), i roll her down into the street too before cold start, and immediately drive off. i asked my neighbor about my WRX and they said they can hear it if near the front of the house, but since i drive off it's a non issue.

Old 12-22-2018, 04:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ashchuckton
Wouldn't baseball cards hitting you wheel spokes sound cool? You do have a bike so try it out there first. ;-)
im not sure.. it sounds too rice to me. lol

Old 12-22-2018, 06:06 PM
5 Year Member
alright, got all the presents wrapped. i am officially ready for xmas. well the presents part at least.

tomorrow am going for another fun round of motoring in my STI, wash my WRX, then heading out to the stores in the GK to get stuff for the xmas dinner. still quite a busy day ahead.

Old 12-23-2018, 07:39 AM
5 Year Member
this dry weather is like the best xmas presents for me. pulling out my STI in a bit for some fun am motoring.
then wash the WRX. it looks like i might get another fun drive tomorrow am as well.

have a good sunday everyone!

Old 12-23-2018, 05:01 PM
5 Year Member
i hate doing plumbing work but swapped out da toilet valve and flapper on my master bedroom bathroom with a new set. easy enough even for a guy like me using a simple kit. 10min tops start to finish including clean up.

finished up doing other house chores, now time to relax in my music room with a cold pepsi zero on the rocks in hand.. wife took the GK and my older kid to the j-supermarket. she called and said she found some nice shake (salmon) sashimi.. for supper

the drive this am in my STI was fantastic, checked the torque on the muffler deletes, washed my WRX. hope to pull out my STI one more time tomorrow am before weather rolls in, fill her up, and a nice QD wipe down.

Old 12-23-2018, 06:26 PM
5 Year Member

Old 12-23-2018, 09:38 PM
5 Year Member
i'm lost what the 8 is

Old 12-24-2018, 12:26 PM
5 Year Member

Old 12-24-2018, 03:41 PM
5 Year Member
motored my STI this am, had another fun drive.

got gas along the way, QD'ed the car and installed LED's in the rear plate lights when i got home. didnt realize i hadnt swapped those out when i did the trunk and interior lights over a year or so back. huh..

also ordered 168 LED's by accident thinking that the side markers on my STI were halogens. blah keep forgetting my STI came with LED's from the factory as they are the high trim headlights.

think im happy with the muffler deletes, going to keep them on the car for now.

Old 12-24-2018, 04:04 PM
5 Year Member
so some folks were (to me why the hell one would want another one after all the issues we're having..) getting new GK's to replace their existing ones so for the hell of it looked at cheap alternatives to the GK like a lightly used impreza hatch in 5MT. i found like 4 in my area with super deals. like a 2016 with less than 11k miles going for less than 15k, 2017 with only 6k miles going 16k. clean carfax, dealer maintained. im like wtf is going on here? lol hatch value is REALLY going down the drain especially for low powered MT ones.. this is pocket change. i would much rather be driving an impreza hatch than the GK.

i really want one now to use as my personal airport/supermarket/shopping mall/pos restaurant/inner city parking beater.

but no parking space at home. fak i should park in the visitors lot at our complex and have my kid keep moving it around every couple of days. lol

Old 12-24-2018, 10:48 PM
5 Year Member
Ken, found the solution for your ultimate sound.....

Remember for entertainment only.

Old 12-25-2018, 01:01 AM
5 Year Member
I'd personally way rather have a GK than a regular Impreza hatch.

Old 12-25-2018, 08:26 AM
5 Year Member
happy holidays and A Merry Christmas to those celebrating Christmas today.
for me, im not a religious person but if i was, i belong in the buddist family where everything is empty inside. including my wallet. lol but we do celebrate the exchanging gifts part. so, today going to be unwrapping presents and will have nice family time at home with my wife and kids.

no motoring today.. well, probably be motoring the bunch of LEGO champions (race car kits) got everyone. lol

have a nice tues everyone!

Old 12-25-2018, 08:28 AM
5 Year Member

Old 12-25-2018, 09:14 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
I'd personally way rather have a GK than a regular Impreza hatch.
sounds fair to me. if it has the quality of the GD and GE i had, plus no icy roads/snow more power to ya.

while not that impressive at all as a total package, the latest impreza hatch drives real nice especially vs a Fit of any generation..and im definitely done swapping wheels for winter after the GK on house cars. i dont mind doing it on my WRX, but even so, i would've preferred subaru just ran all-season high perf tires on the Limited trim.

im thinking once the treads wear out on my STI's factory set, im going to run the WRX's factory tires (same ones as my STI) on my STI and get michelin sport a/s tires wrapped on the WRX's factory wheels and run it all year long. i would run the Prodrive set with DWS06 on my STI in the winter so there is no waste.

speaking of the Prodrive set, my pressure gauge was showing a lower number on one of the 4 a few days back. i was worried it may have a puncture or a bad valve/bead and checked the psi again this am. wtf, now it's showing the same value vs the other 3 within 0.1psi (this is before sun rise so no temperature difference between the tires) im happy, but da hell mang.. my gauge might be dying. it is like a decade or so old.

Old 12-25-2018, 09:45 AM
5 Year Member
The comparison between the Fit & Skooby. Hmmm The Fit has so much usefulness, but if you live in snow country or regularly drive on gravel roads the Skooby is perfect for that.

When I had my Forester's I put snow tires on them every winter. They became absolute snow machines. When I bought my MINI it got snow tires installed every winter & it too became a snow machine. Snow tires are that important. I'd take a FWD car with snow tires over an AWD one without them.

As for the pain of the seasonal tire change I load them into the car & have the good folks at Discount Tire do the switch easy for me.

Have a nice holiday folks.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?