General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 07:24 PM
5 Year Member
Man I've said this before and I'll say it again...if they only made a Civic Hatch SI....love the SI seats, LSD, sunroof, adaptive suspension....but that would take away from CTR sales. Oh well.

Coupe isn't my style, I need functionality...Sedan just isn't my style either. If I wanted a sedan I'd get the new Accord Sport 2.0.

Yea with everyone in tall vehicles....people in 'short' cars can feel intimidated.

Last edited by shinjari; 02-05-2019 at 07:30 PM.
Old 02-05-2019, 07:46 PM
5 Year Member
No matter how tall every other car is, I will own the AP1 forever, even if I move to a bigger city and drive it once a year.

Old 02-05-2019, 07:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
Man I've said this before and I'll say it again...if they only made a Civic Hatch SI....love the SI seats, LSD, sunroof, adaptive suspension....but that would take away from CTR sales. Oh well.

Coupe isn't my style, I need functionality...Sedan just isn't my style either. If I wanted a sedan I'd get the new Accord Sport 2.0.

Yea with everyone in tall vehicles....people in 'short' cars can feel intimidated.
I can't agree more with EVERYTHING you said!

Old 02-05-2019, 07:55 PM
5 Year Member
I wish the CTR were a coupe, I really dig the coupe body style & think it would have crazy presence with the CTR front, flares, etc.

Old 02-06-2019, 09:08 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah dont get me wrong, I think the coupe is a good looking platform...just cant have a coupe in my life at the moment. If I could...it'd be a AP1 or AP2 Haha.

Did find some renders of a CTR Coupe and gotta say...

Old 02-06-2019, 10:35 AM
5 Year Member
Old 02-06-2019, 01:45 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah they are pretty slick.

So it seems 'll be going ESR RF2 in Hyper Black Titanium (18x8.5 +30mm) with Firehawk Indy 500s in 235/40/18 when the time is 'right'. Be my first set of 'summer' tires so will be excited to see how they do. Heard nothing but good things about these ones. Wonder if the extra traction will lower my MPG lol.

Also going to try HDSpeed all in one Polish, swirl remover, sealant/wax as well as Chemical guys OG light/medium clay bar.

Running low on my meguiars Polish and it works 'ok'. So figured I'd try something new and people seem to LOVE the HDSpeed stuff. I mean look at this before and after pic. This was after a wash/clay and using a DA with a polishing pad and HDSpeed.

Also tried the Mothers clay and it just isn't as tacky as I'd like and requires multiple passes to get the contaminants out so figure I'd try a new one. The Meguiars clay was much better than the mothers IMO. But figured I'd give the CG one a chance...still not sure how I feel about those new fancy clay pads/mitts or whatever they are. Where do the contaminants you 'removed' go? Its not like you are folding it to get a clean side...

So hopefully this or next weekend I can wash, clay, polish, wax both cars. Will update with pics if applicable.

Last edited by shinjari; 02-06-2019 at 02:00 PM.
Old 02-06-2019, 02:51 PM
5 Year Member
You did that 50/50? That looks great!

Old 02-06-2019, 03:09 PM
5 Year Member
No no, I wish/hope...that was someones review/result of the product. Most of the reviews show similar results which make me hopeful. I wish I could've captured my results of detailing the NB Miata before I sold it. It was night and day, but hard to capture since it was white. So many contaminants the car looked egg shell white instead of pure white. After complete detail though it was lovely. Then I sold it haha. The Civic is white also but at leas I've been detailing it when I can unlike my Aunt who previously owned the Miata...maybe I'll get similar results on the Elantra since it is black like that Cadillac.

Old 02-06-2019, 03:49 PM
5 Year Member
So hopefully this or next weekend I can wash, clay, polish, wax both cars. Will update with pics if applicable.
That picture looks great!! Curious how this goes. My car has bad swirl marks and I wanted to do a restoration type thing to it. I was going to try the mcguires "heavy" compound that you can find at local stores and see how it does. Waiting on warmer weather.

Old 02-06-2019, 06:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GolNat
That picture looks great!! Curious how this goes. My car has bad swirl marks and I wanted to do a restoration type thing to it. I was going to try the mcguires "heavy" compound that you can find at local stores and see how it does. Waiting on warmer weather.
Yeah I used Meguiars Ultimate line of Compound, Polish and wax. Seemed to do great on my GE. Heres a thread I posted ages ago when I did the detail on the GE and headlight restore. So Shiny.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...t-restore.html

Old 02-06-2019, 08:59 PM
5 Year Member
Dang dude, that looks really great! Come polish mine & restore my headlights plz

Old 02-06-2019, 11:00 PM
5 Year Member
I got Griot's Garage clay at kenchan's suggestion. It is SUPER sticky. Works very well, but very tacky/sticky. Wasn't so thrilled with Mother's either. Before those I used Wolfgang's and it was excellent. Maybe my favorite, but a bit expensive.

At the suggestion of a local detailer, I bought Griot's Boss Finishing Sealant. It's perfect for a quick solution. Removes swirls and really small imperfections and applies sealant in one step. It's a quick and lazy way to a nice finish.

Old 02-07-2019, 12:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
Dang dude, that looks really great! Come polish mine & restore my headlights plz
Get that Sylvania kit from Amazon (I know...they suck but maybe your local auto store carries it? Mine did) for the same price.

Kit was super easy to use. all I needed to provide was a water bottle/sprayer, water and painters/electrical tape to protect the paint. Everything else was in the kit and done by hand. Spent about 45 minutes to do it and the results are incredible.

Originally Posted by GAFIT
I got Griot's Garage clay at kenchan's suggestion. It is SUPER sticky. Works very well, but very tacky/sticky. Wasn't so thrilled with Mother's either. Before those I used Wolfgang's and it was excellent. Maybe my favorite, but a bit expensive.

At the suggestion of a local detailer, I bought Griot's Boss Finishing Sealant. It's perfect for a quick solution. Removes swirls and really small imperfections and applies sealant in one step. It's a quick and lazy way to a nice finish.
Thanks for the suggestion! I was really eyeing HDSpeed, while it is one of the 'best' some people complain about it staining your pads. Then read up on Griots and people love it. So may have to give that one a go. May have to try their clay as well...tacky/sticky means I wont drop it haha.

Old 02-07-2019, 05:53 PM
5 Year Member
Well, ordered the Griots Finishing Sealant and the CG OG Clay. Should be here tonight/tomorrow.

Also picked up a Milwaukee M18 String Trimmer (aka weed wacker) to replace the Ryobi 4stroke gas powered one my dad gave me when he bought a new Troy/Echo whatever.
The Ryobi worked 'ok' after a rebuild...but its still picky on when it wants to run. Then the attachment clamp broke so only the quick release button was holding the 'attachment' to the shaft which was super sketchy/unsafe. The shaft is like $60...so I opted to just use that $60 towards the Milwaukee. Battery power = power right away, very little noise, was always worried I was being the 'noisy' neighbor whenever I'd use the Ryobi. Will test it out later today, should be just what I needed.

Back to looking at tool chests for my garage...no sales so not 'jumping' on anything. May have found a sweet deal on offerup for a 52" Husky...time will tell if the guy gets back to me.

After toolbox, wheels/tires, workshop....I think I'll be 'done' with my spending for the year. Sheesh....that's some $$$ now that I say it out loud lol. But at least the toolbox will clean up/organize my space better, the wheels will make me even more happy when I see my car and the workshed will free up my garage to park a car and add value to our property.

Old 02-07-2019, 07:15 PM
5 Year Member
That's more than I have to spend haha.

Tires/plugs/coil packs for Fit, brakes for S2000, should be pretty much it.

Weed whackers are such a nice thing.

Old 02-07-2019, 11:18 PM
5 Year Member
Also picked up a Milwaukee M18 String Trimmer (aka weed wacker) to replace the Ryobi 4stroke gas.
After each year of taking out my weed eater and it needing a part to stay running I bought an 18V Makita weed eater. It was kinda weird at first because its so quiet and the instant power. By the end of the season I enjoyed it though. Battery power is the future!!

Old 02-08-2019, 12:50 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah I hear that GolNat! Thats what pushed me to replace the darn thing. Between having to get gas for it, replacing the string head, rebuilding the carb, clearing the fuel lines....I'm over it.

Got my Griots Finishing Sealant. Chemical Guys clay should arrive today. Hopefully it doesnt rain tomorrow and maybe I can sneak a detail in...but at the same time its supposed to rain the next 2 weeks....maybe I should wait.

Happy Friday everyone.

Old 02-11-2019, 10:58 AM
5 Year Member
Happy Monday ladies and gents.

Weekend went well. That new Milwaukee string trimmer was worth every penny. Quiet, powerful and got the job done in record time. The Ryobi it's replacing would've needed 2 tanks of gas, several reloads of string/line (didn't have to reload the Milwaukee once) and not to mention I'd be making a ruckus with that little 4-stroke motor AND breathing in exhaust fumes.

Besides that, went to a Paintball event yesterday and had a great time.

Was going to detail the rides...but with the intermittent rain forecast this weekend, this coming week and next week...it seems I'm waiting. Just jonesing to use my new clay and griots stuff.

Anyhow, have a great Monday everyone.

Old 02-11-2019, 11:31 AM
5 Year Member
Happy the weed machine worked out!

I also wanted to wash my cars (just a run through the touchless wash for me though) until I saw we were slated for just under a foot of snow :/

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?