Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

Prospective Fit Owner

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 08:34 PM
Prospective Fit Owner

Hi folks!
I am a prospective fit owner. I am currently driving a 2012 Mustang 5.0. I am looking at possibly replacing it with a Fit Sport M/T.

I find that I need a pickup truck and I also need something that gets good gas milage. If that isn't bad enough, I also need it to be fun to drive and it has to have a backseat for my daughter.

I put all those requirements in the blender and seasoned it with some compromise and voila! A Fit came out.

I joined here to learn about the Fit and make sure this is the right decision. Hope y'all can help!

Daniel

Old 01-20-2013, 09:39 PM
5 Year Member
Go for it. My '09 Fit is my favorite car I've ever owned. Definitely stick with the M/T though.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:32 PM
U should go for it. The fit. Gets great mpg

Old 01-21-2013, 01:59 PM
5 Year Member
Review of the Fit

Test drive to decide.

Old 01-21-2013, 02:10 PM
Yeah, that video was a big part of pushing me toward the Fit. I have owned 5 Hondas and loved them all. That is a big part of my motivation as well.

I am probably going to try to buy in July. Thus far I have only sat in a Fit while I was waiting to get an oil change in the Ridgeline. I agree that a test drive is in order and I will take one as soon as one of the local dealers gets a M/T in.

Old 01-21-2013, 02:20 PM
5 Year Member
Not sure where you are located when I was looking I ended up test driving a automatic and had to order a manual. Recently I have notice the dealers have been getting more Fits on the lot. I enjoy driving my Fit and customizing it to my taste.

Good luck on your decision. I know that when it comes to buying a car it is such a personal choice.

Old 01-21-2013, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by cjecpa
Not sure where you are located when I was looking I ended up test driving a automatic and had to order a manual. Recently I have notice the dealers have been getting more Fits on the lot. I enjoy driving my Fit and customizing it to my taste.

Good luck on your decision. I know that when it comes to buying a car it is such a personal choice.
It's going to be a big drop in power from my Mustang (approx 440hp) but I think I will be ok. I have a thing for stick shifted four bangers. The Mustang was a bucket list item. When it comes to having fun behind the wheel on public streets, my favorite car has been my first one. It was a 1985 Toyota Tercell two door hatch back. Sucker made a screaming 85hp . Ever since that car I have wanted another hatchback that feels like I am qualifying for a race while not breaking the law.

Another thing that attracts me to the fit is how cheap performance parts are. An axel back exhaust for the Mustang is around $1000. Headers for a mustang are also over $1000. That stuff can be found for $100 for a Fit. Much better!

Old 01-21-2013, 03:14 PM
5 Year Member
My first new car was a 1985 Toyota Celica manual. My choice too with the Fit was a manual. I have 1995 Miata for summer to customize.

Old 01-21-2013, 04:03 PM
5 Year Member
Big difference from mustang but its great fun car to drive
ive moved alot of things even a new washer in the box fit right in no problem
now that i have my buddyclub N+ its even more fun
im having a group buy if u do go with fit and are interested https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...group-buy.html

Old 01-21-2013, 04:31 PM
@cjecpa that Miata is very nice. I love Miatas. Unfortunately I am 6'3 270. Every Miata I have driven was a blast but my knees were hitting my hands when steering. If not for that I would have bought one long ago. Just fantastic cars!

Originally Posted by Wafulz
Big difference from mustang but its great fun car to drive
ive moved alot of things even a new washer in the box fit right in no problem
now that i have my buddyclub N+ its even more fun
im having a group buy if u do go with fit and are interested https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...group-buy.html
A washer?! Lol! That's nuts! That makes me think that I am on the right track thinking it will do the job of a truck 99% of the time. As for group buys, I will certanly take a look when y'all do one. I'm looking forward to doing some mods.